The Subaru SVX World Network   SVX Network Forums
Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:
SVXBot

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
NikFu S.'s Avatar
NikFu S. NikFu S. is offline
Takin tools to task
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: A-town, Alaska
Posts: 7,280
Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Amero replaces dollar, right... about... NAU.

The following videos highlight the Nafta superhighway and proposed unification of Mexico the US and Canada (NAU).

CNBC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hiPrsc9g98
CNN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vda1KRF75M
Texans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlumHzseiYw

I don't like it. I think a more centralized free trade zone would be nice but this could really screw us over. They say it's an integration but I see it more as an annexation. Just another step in creating the American Empire.

Discuss.

--
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence."


'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 05-24-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2007, 08:02 AM
lhopp77's Avatar
lhopp77 lhopp77 is offline
Old Timer (age that is)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Shell Game

I just love it. It is the usual shell game of liberals taking some fact and mostly fiction and turning it into a "blame Bush" game.

I think you need to review the history and background of NAFTA first and then proceed to the most current immigration legislation and see who voted for it and who is pushing it.

Yes, Bush does support a "guest worker" program and I don't agree with it, but who is really voting to free up the flow of immigrants into the US-----the Democrats.

"Secret" negotiations---bull pucky--there are no such things as we all know. With the varied political backgrounds of career government employees---NOTHING REMAINS SECRET. IF and I mean "IF" the Bush administration was REALLY doing this type of negotiations---it would have been leaked to the press with backup documents long ago.

Bottom line--just another smear Bush tactic to really hide the liberal Democrat agenda of supposedly secure borders but really open immigration.

IF Lou Dobbs and CNN are so very much concerned about this whole issue why don't they publically AND frequently jump on governments at all levels about enforcing CURRENT immigration laws. Castigate cities and local police forces for their "sanctuary" status--jump on the feds and legislatures for not passing or enforcing laws that SEVERELY penalize employers that hire illegals. Hell, in Santa Fe, NM the school district employed illegals and when the feds took some action---the local liberal teachers Union protested. New Mexico has hired bilingual teachers from Mexico for years---AIN'T BILL RICHARDSON WONDERFUL???? AND--why don't churches that house illegal lose their tax exempt status????? Just a little food for thought---CNN and the other liberal press agencies should jump on the REAL problems and not just play the usual Bush blame game.

Lee
__________________
SVXx2
92 SVX LS-L Silver
92 SVX LS-L Burgundy (structurally challenged with 2792 miles)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 05-25-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Noir's Avatar
Noir Noir is offline
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mullet Country
Posts: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I just love it. It is the usual shell game of liberals taking some fact and mostly fiction and turning it into a "blame Bush" game.

I think you need to review the history and background of NAFTA first and then proceed to the most current immigration legislation and see who voted for it and who is pushing it.

Yes, Bush does support a "guest worker" program and I don't agree with it, but who is really voting to free up the flow of immigrants into the US-----the Democrats.

"Secret" negotiations---bull pucky--there are no such things as we all know. With the varied political backgrounds of career government employees---NOTHING REMAINS SECRET. IF and I mean "IF" the Bush administration was REALLY doing this type of negotiations---it would have been leaked to the press with backup documents long ago.

Bottom line--just another smear Bush tactic to really hide the liberal Democrat agenda of supposedly secure borders but really open immigration.

IF Lou Dobbs and CNN are so very much concerned about this whole issue why don't they publically AND frequently jump on governments at all levels about enforcing CURRENT immigration laws. Castigate cities and local police forces for their "sanctuary" status--jump on the feds and legislatures for not passing or enforcing laws that SEVERELY penalize employers that hire illegals. Hell, in Santa Fe, NM the school district employed illegals and when the feds took some action---the local liberal teachers Union protested. New Mexico has hired bilingual teachers from Mexico for years---AIN'T BILL RICHARDSON WONDERFUL???? AND--why don't churches that house illegal lose their tax exempt status????? Just a little food for thought---CNN and the other liberal press agencies should jump on the REAL problems and not just play the usual Bush blame game.

Lee
So what you're saying is that both parties are incompetent specifically but not limited to immigration. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. :P
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
NikFu S.'s Avatar
NikFu S. NikFu S. is offline
Takin tools to task
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: A-town, Alaska
Posts: 7,280
Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Bush blame game?

We call it the DIY impeachment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9p2MnJwzaU

Hundreds of thousands of Americans have done this already and I thought it might be worth pointing out, considering the evidence for impeachment is overwhelming.

http://impeachforpeace.org/evidence/
http://impeachforpeace.org/index2.html
http://www.tvnewslies.org/html/the_constitution.html

It's ok if you don't want to "blame Bush" but his approval rating is a pithy 28% according to CBS news polls yesterday.
According to our buddy Jimmy Carter, "Bush Is 'the Worst in History' In Foreign Relations".

Quote:
Former president Jimmy Carter called President Bush's international relations "the worst in history" and also took aim at Bush's environmental policies and the administration's "quite disturbing" faith-based initiative program.

...

In his interview with the Democrat-Gazette, Carter, who won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, criticized Bush for having "zero peace talks" in Israel. Carter also said the administration "abandoned or directly refuted" every negotiated nuclear arms agreement, as well as environmental efforts, by other presidents.

"I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history," Carter said. "The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations . . . has been the most disturbing to me."

Carter said that Bush's policy of preemptive war, "where we go to war with another nation militarily, even though our own security is not directly threatened," was "a radical departure from all previous administration policies."

Carter also offered a harsh assessment for the White House's Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, which helps religious charities receive billions in federal grants.

"As a traditional Baptist, I've always believed in separation of church and state and honored that premise when I was president, and so have all other presidents, I might say, except this one," he said.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence."


'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 05-25-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Crazy_pilot's Avatar
Crazy_pilot Crazy_pilot is offline
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada. Eh?
Posts: 4,557
Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
No deal I say. The way things are going, in a year or two the Canadian Dollar will be worth more than the American Dollar anyway . I want my cheap exchange rates! Right now C$1=US$0.926.
__________________
Chris

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2007, 09:13 AM
lhopp77's Avatar
lhopp77 lhopp77 is offline
Old Timer (age that is)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Love It!!

I just love anyone that has the nerve to quote Carter as an authority or example on anything. Very clearly Carter was our worst modern day president. Not even a close call on that.

Lee
__________________
SVXx2
92 SVX LS-L Silver
92 SVX LS-L Burgundy (structurally challenged with 2792 miles)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2007, 02:46 PM
NikFu S.'s Avatar
NikFu S. NikFu S. is offline
Takin tools to task
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: A-town, Alaska
Posts: 7,280
Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
That's exactly what I would expect you to say being he was a democrat, but the fact is, Bush is worse than Carter.
Carter was a mediocre president, but not a bad one. He was overall quite timid, and was more of a president who desired harmony over change. I feel that the Iran hostage crisis was rather out of his control, as well as the deficit. The poor guy was just overwhelmed while in office.

Bush, on the other hand, deliberately makes terrible descisions and then never admits that his actions were wrong. His foreign policy is utter crap, and his domestic policy is some strange mix of Reaganomics and compassionate conservatism that simply doesn't work. I don't know if he's the worst president in history, but he's definitley down there.

Besides, Carter won the Nobel Peace prize and has done a few great things around the world since he left office. I doubt that is something Bush is even capable of. He's a war-mongering buffoon and his supporters only support him because they think like him, not because what he does is right or good.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence."


'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 05-26-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2007, 02:59 PM
NikFu S.'s Avatar
NikFu S. NikFu S. is offline
Takin tools to task
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: A-town, Alaska
Posts: 7,280
Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
No deal I say. The way things are going, in a year or two the Canadian Dollar will be worth more than the American Dollar anyway . I want my cheap exchange rates! Right now C$1=US$0.926.
All the things I've been reading seem to point undoubtedly to a total economic crash. I'm no expert on economy, not even close, but even I can see the signs. People here want more and more money, they do less and less quality work, consumers look to importing, money leaves the country, people who want more aren't getting enough, cycle repeats.

Just wait until people blame our next president for the crash. I'll heave a humungous sigh of disbelief. We know who it really was.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence."


'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-31-2007, 06:17 PM
lhopp77's Avatar
lhopp77 lhopp77 is offline
Old Timer (age that is)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Also Consider

Average education levels.

US--12

Canada--11.5

Mexico--7.0

Now why would we want to lower our standards of achievement and accept the related problems??

Lee
__________________
SVXx2
92 SVX LS-L Silver
92 SVX LS-L Burgundy (structurally challenged with 2792 miles)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
NikFu S.'s Avatar
NikFu S. NikFu S. is offline
Takin tools to task
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: A-town, Alaska
Posts: 7,280
Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
The total irony of that statement, which you very well may be implying, is that our current standards for acheivment suck.
My schooling was top notch but it seems curriculum is geared towards dishing out diplomas, not higher education. Mexico's and Canada's numbers may be lower simply because they have more stringent standards, I mean aside from Mexico's poverty.

Here's a little something to bring you up to speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA

I'm not saying I am in line with the merger, or that it's a good idea, it's not, but as far as regions go, the US will still be the United States, and I don't see any change is graduation averages. Sure, as a united nations the national average would drop, but that is merely a statistic and would have little meaning considering we'd be averaging almost 1/4 of the planets graduates per capita, this hemisphere.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence."


'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Myetball's Avatar
Myetball Myetball is offline
Mr. Inappropriate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Average education levels.

US--12

Canada--11.5

Mexico--7.0

Now why would we want to lower our standards of achievement and accept the related problems??

Lee

We won't be lowering our standards. We'll be inviting all those Mexicans with a seventh grade education to come to the U.S. and do all the dirty jobs we no longer want....and for less money than a U.S. citizen.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 AM
lhopp77's Avatar
lhopp77 lhopp77 is offline
Old Timer (age that is)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball
We won't be lowering our standards. We'll be inviting all those Mexicans with a seventh grade education to come to the U.S. and do all the dirty jobs we no longer want....and for less money than a U.S. citizen.
Very wrong. You have been reading to much of the leftist propaganda. Do a REAL survey of construction jobs etc, and see how the illegals have taken the jobs that would be done by Americans otherwise. The vast majority of the illegals we are thinking about legalizing at a huge cost to the current tax payers would not think of taking most of the menial jobs you are referring to.

I have a first hand knowledge of the impacts of the illegals in the construction business. The current laws need to be strictly enforced with much larger penalties for companies that hire them. Dry up the jobs and withhold benefits and a large number of the illegals will return to Mexico.

We should not have a "Guest Worker Program" but an effective "Seasonal Worker Program" that is short duration in no way leads to a citizenship track.

Lee
__________________
SVXx2
92 SVX LS-L Silver
92 SVX LS-L Burgundy (structurally challenged with 2792 miles)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Myetball's Avatar
Myetball Myetball is offline
Mr. Inappropriate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 330
I'm from San Antonio where Latinos are the majority. I don't have to look too hard to see the effects of illegal immigration. Houses get built at gangbuster pace around here. Not a white guy to be seen on any construction site. Is it because it's menial work...no. It's because the Latinos illegal or not will work for less than a white. Simple economics.

Take a look in any kitchen of the bazillion restaurants in town and you'd be lucky to find anyone speaking english. Who's cutting all the grass in town? Certainly not the neat and tidy white folks. Who's picking up the trash twice a week, who's doing all the other dirty jobs whites no longer want?

I never said the jobs guest workers will get are beneath them, it's just that most home grown Americans (white folks) don't want those jobs and/or Mexicans will do them for less.

A good example is the recently opened Toyota Tundra assembly plant in town. Toyota starts people off at $9/hr. At the Toyota plant in Indiana they start folks off at $13/hr. In Indiana the majority of workers are white. The San Antonio plant produces the same vehicle $5K cheaper than Indiana, due to a combination of lower wages and reduced benefits. Cheap labor, that's what it's all about.

If you're feeling the pinch in the construction industry, it's probably time to find a new career.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 AM
sicksubie's Avatar
sicksubie sicksubie is offline
Registered User
Subaru Bronze Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rutland, MA / Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 3,806
Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball View Post
I'm from San Antonio where Latinos are the majority. I don't have to look too hard to see the effects of illegal immigration. Houses get built at gangbuster pace around here. Not a white guy to be seen on any construction site. Is it because it's menial work...no. It's because the Latinos illegal or not will work for less than a white. Simple economics.

Take a look in any kitchen of the bazillion restaurants in town and you'd be lucky to find anyone speaking english. Who's cutting all the grass in town? Certainly not the neat and tidy white folks. Who's picking up the trash twice a week, who's doing all the other dirty jobs whites no longer want?

I never said the jobs guest workers will get are beneath them, it's just that most home grown Americans (white folks) don't want those jobs and/or Mexicans will do them for less.

A good example is the recently opened Toyota Tundra assembly plant in town. Toyota starts people off at $9/hr. At the Toyota plant in Indiana they start folks off at $13/hr. In Indiana the majority of workers are white. The San Antonio plant produces the same vehicle $5K cheaper than Indiana, due to a combination of lower wages and reduced benefits. Cheap labor, that's what it's all about.

If you're feeling the pinch in the construction industry, it's probably time to find a new career.
The difference in starting pay has nothing to do with race... Rather cost of living. I could get a job locally and get $15 an hour. Cross the rt495 beltway around Boston only another 10 minutes further drive and for the same job I would get $18 an hour. I know that for a fact because I had a job with 2 locations and I tried to get scheduled at the $18 one as much as possible.
__________________
Former:
1994 Barcelona Red, 1995 Brilliant Red, 1992 Liquid Silver, 1992 Ebony(x2), 1992 Pearl White (x2)
Current:
2010 Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab
2017 Ford Escape
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Miata - track car
1990 Porsche 944S2
1957 CJ-5 - Desert runner
1972 CJ-7 - Beach cruiser
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Manarius's Avatar
Manarius Manarius is offline
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grantham, PA (Near Harrisburg)
Posts: 2,120
Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
As far as I'm concerned, we need to get tough on illegal immigration. More border sweeps, fund the INS better, etc. And, for the love of God, if a person came here illegally, deport them! Seriously, they aren't a citizen and aren't here on visa so just get out!

At the same time though, legal immigration needs to be a lot less difficult than what it is now. It's a PITA to immigrate here legally - and it shouldn't be so difficult.
__________________
-Jason
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2001-2015 SVX World Network
(208)-906-1122