Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:
SVXBot

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale

Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Doogie

Selling damaged SVX, possibly part out

Alright my SVX is as good as gone to me. This really sucks but registration is coming back up and it's not being driven anywhere so it's time to get rid of it.

1992 SVX LSL
roughly 145k miles
left rear axel or something defected, not even sure what is wrong with it.
left door dented and unopenable
Besides that everything else is fine. No engine damage or anything else.
I got some picture of the damage right here, http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Doogie/5567.jpg

If you are interested or anything just post here. The car is in Provo/Orem area in Utah if you are in the area and want to check it out.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Strictly Subaru

Hi, can you email me your phone number, I'd like to ask you some questions about the car. My email is igonefishing@yahoo.com Thanks.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:23 PM
livin in AZ

parts

Are your window switches in working order? if so I have a few broken switches that need replacing. Thanks Darren

Social Distortion

1992 LS-L Pearl White :Optima Red Top, Motorsports Warehouse drop springs and swaybar bushings, Race Concepts slotted and dimpled rotors ,SS brake lines,semi-metalic brake pads, 4.11 5 speed, STi short shifter and tranny mount, Exedy sport clutch, Kartboy shifter bushings, intake silencer removed, ECU Tune Stage 1 v4
Old 02-20-2003, 05:24 AM
hotshoe50

totalled???

For some reason that amazes me, you guys have insurance companies that "total" cars for next to nothing.

That car has to be an inexpensive repair unless the engine or tranny is shot.

Would not a door and a rear hub and a vist to the body shop do it??

Go figure!!

Hotshoe
Old 02-20-2003, 06:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gotsubarus
Hey.. that car is an easy fixer! Email me and lets talk

gotsubarus@yahoo.com
Thanks Shane
Old 02-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Geok

hotshoe50- The US insurance companies generally write up an estimate. They compare the total to the average retail price for the vehicle in the region. Depending on how the estimate is written and the insurance company in question, the car can be totalled when the estimate is 45% to 90% of the value of the car. That's why some older cars that parts are hard find (expensive) can be totalled for very minor repairs and newer cars with severe damage can be repaired without questions. And people wonder why totalled cars are found back for sale. Cars should be totalled based on the damage not the cost of the damage.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
SVX Doors

I bought both doors--great shape--on Ebay for $150. If yours was the passenger door--I could help you out.

I am looking for the the steering wheel airbag and cover or the entire steering column if I must do it that way. Seems I have acquired another SVX.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gotsubarus
left my Email addy for u

Interested in your SVX
Old 02-21-2003, 07:10 AM
fab9joe

how much for the stereo pocket assembly?
Old 02-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Doogie

Hey guys thanks for the posts. Sorry it's taken me a while to contact any of you I went skiing after i posted this and broke my collar bone while grinding an S rail, so i'm not in the best shape right now.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:26 AM

thats the reason your parting out your car, cuz of a dented door. didnt you have insurance? that is an easy fix ,even without insurance coverage
Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Doogie

Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
thats the reason your parting out your car, cuz of a dented door. didnt you have insurance? that is an easy fix ,even without insurance coverage
check out the wheel, it's undrivable. Trust me I do NOT want to get rid of this car. And I have insurance but it's for collision only, i was just driving around town, lots control and skid over a couple wooden poles sticking out of the ground. Dented the door and kind of busted the left rear tire. To be honest I haven't even got an estimate or anything so I don't even know exactly what is wrong with the car or how much it would cost.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to IwantaSVX Send a message via AIM to IwantaSVX
I believe the car will need more than just a door and repair to the rear suspension. It appears to need a front fender and some work done to the quarter panel in the rear. The quarter panel definitely looks fixable....good thing because it only costs $399 from Subaru but it pays 21 hours labor to change it. Then add in for refinishing and all that good stuff. It all adds up quickly and with that kind of mileage I would not be suprised if an insurance company "would" total it.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Lasher

some parts

I'm looking for a good windshield, as well as the airbag/cover.. also, maybe a couple small pieces from the interior. Please let me know. nickfrescas@hotmail.com

~Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Doogie

Sorry guys, sold it to a local bodyshop