The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Models (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=807)

LarryIII 07-06-2001 06:43 PM

SVX Models

Anyone know the status of the models. I tried contacting John, to no avail.

Larry III:confused:

joeaux 07-07-2001 04:13 PM

Yep Larry, I did the same thing. Asked this question over on the "marketplace" forum. No one answered. Hummmm. Something must be going on with John. I mean, he followed the model so close. Kept us all informed. I wonder if he's Ok?
-joe-

jscorse 07-10-2001 10:39 AM

John, are you OK???

Let's keep this thread alive. John...are you?

svxxx26 07-10-2001 11:41 AM

Where are you John?

Well, he does seem to be keeping up with the decal orders - I got mine a couple days after I ordered.
From what I know, John will be doing all the assembly on the models himself. There was also a question about getting the correct paint, so that could be another delay.
That's all just speculation on my part - I haven't heard from him lately. It is strange for him to be uncommunicative. :confused:

Seraph 07-10-2001 11:48 AM

yeah. normally john responds within a day or two at most.
Just wait guys. He might be busy.
You never can tell
Lwin

Aredubjay 07-10-2001 11:56 AM

Re: Where are you John?

Quote:

Originally posted by svxxx26
Well, he does seem to be keeping up with the decal orders - I got mine a couple days after I ordered.
From what I know, John will be doing all the assembly on the models himself. There was also a question about getting the correct paint, so that could be another delay.
That's all just speculation on my part - I haven't heard from him lately. It is strange for him to be uncommunicative. :confused:

My guess is that he's busy assembling and painting the models that were ordered. Unfortunately, that has put a delay on us poor schmucks who ordered unpainted, unassembled models. However, I'm willing to wait. After meeting John at the Smokey Mountains meet, I can assure you that he is taking great pains to make absolutely sure that the models are as perfect as they possibly can be. Kinda like a pizza parlor I visited regularly in my younger days that had a sign: "Be patient. Good food takes time." My personal opinion is that the wait will be well worth the results.

Mr. Pockets 07-10-2001 02:59 PM

Yeah, where IS John?

I ordered a couple things from him about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything...

zsvx 07-10-2001 05:19 PM

Re: Re: Where are you John?

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

My guess is that he's busy assembling and painting the models that were ordered.

Did he already collect money and orders for the models? If so I must have missed it. I remember him sending out a survery back in March or so asking what color/options we wanted but I thought he was going to take final orders a month or so before he was planning on shipping them.

Jamsvx 07-10-2001 05:34 PM

I'm in the same boat as Zsvx.....I only remember a survey being sent out....I don't recall receiving a request for money etc.......just praying that I haven't missed the boat!

*forgive all the nautical terms!*

As for the Yel..yell....YELLOW!, bright vivid yellow, with all the hues of a field of daffodils, yellow what a majestic colour indeed (passes bucket to Randy!) SVX that is for sale here, its the same colour as the rest of the worldwide ones - pity, it looks so different in the flesh.

Oh, on the point of BS dealers, I can empathise completely - I had one dealer insist till he was blue in the face that the SVX was a turbo and also RWD!!! What a complete and utter moron!!!

Jamsvx:D

John19688 07-11-2001 08:18 AM

I'm alive

"Life is what happens while you are trying to build SVX models." Many things have come up in my life while trying to get the models done. Mainly my full-time job has become a lot more demanding so I come home late and when I get home I feel worn out. I'm sorry I have fallen behind schedule.

I seriously am trying to get some models built so I can give tips to those who are going to buy them unassembled and so I can build good quality models for those who buy them assembled. I am in the process of building 10 models and there are two things left to do on them: the windows and the decals.

I have not collected money yet for the models so don't panic that you may have missed out...you haven't. I really do believe you will be able to order them by the end of July. I will post here when there are any further developments.

I am keeping up with sending out orders for the SVX Network decals and SVX CD-ROMs. Calendar production has ceased until I come out with the 2002 calendar.

svxxx26 07-11-2001 09:45 AM

THANK GOD!

John, good to hear from you!:)
Don't stress out over the models, quality is more important than fast delivery. We've waited this long for ANY SVX model, a little longer won't hurt. Besides, it will give me time to save up some more pennies! :rolleyes:

LarryIII 07-11-2001 10:14 AM

John,

Glad to hear that you're ok. go uot and have a good time to recharge your internal batteries. Then worry about SVX things. Life's too short not to enjoy it. I'm told that there aren't any SVX's in the next life. Non-coporals don't need cars. Maybe we can sneak some through. :rolleyes:

Larry III :cool:

John19688 07-11-2001 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
John,

I'm told that there aren't any SVX's in the next life. Non-coporals don't need cars. Maybe we can sneak some through. :rolleyes:

Remember the Monty Python sketch in "The Meaning of Life" where death comes to dinner and they follow him to heaven in their cars? :)

Habesha 07-11-2001 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by John19688

Remember the Monty Python sketch in "The Meaning of Life" where death comes to dinner and they follow him to heaven in their cars? :)

I wonder if I could get mummified with an SVX? ;)

LarryIII 07-11-2001 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Habesha

I wonder if I could get mummified with an SVX? ;)

Habesha,

I don't know about mumified, but you certainly can get osified in an SVX. :D

Larry III :cool: