How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 10-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Carlisle Import Show May 16-18

Some of us had talked about this a while back as a possible meet and recently there has been some talk on the Ulitimate Subaru website about meeting at Carlisle as well. Anyway, for those who are not familiar with the Carlisle events, each year they hold 8 or so different events like the Truck Nationals, Ford Nationals, Corvettes at Carlilse, etc... at the Carlisle, PA Fairgrounds. It is located about 1/2 hour from Harrisburg, PA, 3 from Washington DC and 2 from Philly and Baltimore. In 2003 the dates for the import and kit car show is May 16th-18th. Here's the link for the site: www.carsatcarlisle.com

If there is interest keep in mind that the local hotels fill up kinda quick. There's a nice state park about 45 minutes away called Gifford Pinchot State Park which is where the talk is that the Ultimate Subaru members were thinking of staying. They have some real nice cabins for those who aren't the camping types. I'd definately going and will probably take both my SVX and Brat and enter them into the Show. It would be nice to see a fair amount of other SVXs in the show as well. Remember, cars that don't get viewed by the public are quickly forgotten! Besides, last year there was like 50 80's and newer style Saabs there and not a single Subie in the show. I was quite disappointed .
Old 10-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Green1995SVX

i showed my car there about 2 years ago. It was fun, but my car was ignored.

Mike
Old 10-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Talking Ignored

Yeah, its easy to ignore one but 40! I promise to park my Brat far far away otherwise everyone will be looking at it!