How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX
Re: Why was I born into this disgusting generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
but at least i didnt see any dudes wearing skinny jeans o
I used to, and still occasionally do (when all my slim jeans are worn). Am I some pompous douchebag that you associate that with? No..at least to those of you who met me.

I wear skinny jeans and am proud.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Bingo. As one who came of age in (and survived) the 70s, I think it's safe to say the current crowd is just hoeing the same old row. Only now, they broadcast it to the world, presuming that anyone cares.

Folks are gonna have some explainin' to do when these works of art and assorted profundities are still turning up 20 or 30 years from now. Talk about being haunted.

dcb
Agreed. I think there is one difference between this generation and generations past. This one is more greedy, softer and lazier, in general. Wisdom and toughness comes from experience and having to overcome adversity. The WWII/Great Depression generation was tougher and smarter with their money than the Vietnam generation which was tougher and smarter than the current generation. There is a reason why we are going deeper into debt. People WANT everything and they don't want to work hard for it. When they get into trouble, they look to the government to bail them out. And none of us should be quick to assume we aren't caught up in this great rat race. While our grandparents or great grandparents lived in small houses (or apartments) and drove cheaper cars, I see A LOT of people driving expensive German cars and living in huge houses. The common rationalization is "I can afford it so why shouldn't I buy/drive it?" What most people don't realize is they can't really afford it, assuming they were saving for those rainy days like their grandparents did.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I used to, and still occasionally do (when all my slim jeans are worn). Am I some pompous douchebag that you associate that with? No..at least to those of you who met me.

I wear skinny jeans and am proud.

If you want to wear girl pants, thats your right.

Its also my right to laugh at you.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37 AM

It's funny how fashions have cycled over the past 40 years. In the mid-60s guys all wore pencil-leg pants and salad-bowl haircuts. So are we back to that now?

There's a photo of me from 1973 in which I look like Kurt Cobain: Shoulder-length hair, button-fly jeans with blown-out knees, high school PE shirt, tie-dyed purple. Grunge before grunge was cool.

Then came polyester leisure suits. (Maybe those won't be back.)

One thing will never change: The next generation will always, always think it's smarter and hipper than the last one.

dcb
Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM

Registered SVX

To answer your question about being born late. You have the choice.Do what they do or do whats right. The future is yours to decide.I'm a boomer and I learned long ago that whats old is new again.Which is to say I'm a lot like my grandparents.And proud of that.Life isn't about material objects or possessions,it's about family,ethics and integrity. Do good work the rest takes care of itself.And yes, i fear for my granddaughter.The way this country is heading scares me.So, there's my father knows best advice for today. Take it or leave it.Now if I could just get revenge on the judge who just spanked me in support court
Old 02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: Why was I born into this disgusting generation?

1960 - Get that effin' camera outta' here!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 - Ah, sheee-it, I jus' puked in my lap - Didja' get that on YouTube yet?

Gotta' wonder how many of these 15 minutes o' fame (shame) gals, would sue their pervert landlord for video-ing their bathroom prep through the hidden peep hole. Probably all of 'em. "Humiliating" they'd say.

50 years of social progress.

I surely need a stiff drink!

Ron (& don't call me Shirley!)

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mummert View Post
1960 - Get that effin' camera outta' here!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 - Ah, sheee-it, I jus' puked in my lap - Didja' get that on YouTube yet?

Gotta' wonder how many of these 15 minutes o' fame (shame) gals, would sue their pervert landlord for video-ing their bathroom prep through the hidden peep hole. Probably all of 'em. "Humiliating" they'd say.

50 years of social progress.

I surely need a stiff drink!

Ron (& don't call me Shirley!)
I'll drink to that...Shirley.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to LastSVXintheChi
Registered SVX

i went to Bradley Univ. and i was in a frat that partied every weekend mostly getting drunk i didnt see any drug use but that is probably because i would avoid that bit

that frat had the highest average GPA in the school of like a 3.8 or something which is why i joined that one and not the one with a 2.2

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

1234 nothing to see here

Last edited by SVXMAN2001; 02-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I went to Pitt, partied at IUP one weekend, WVU another in my years at Pitt; I'm 48. I didn't see a whole lot of difference. Then I got on the resort worker circuit and it was the same thing, without classes. I saw lots of other kids trying to prove- it seemed- that nothing would ever disturb them about the immoral things they did. Sometimes I'd see them blubbering about it later, often not. Some died, like when I saw a drunk football player fall out a window and land on his head. Pushing limits is what humans have always seemed to do for thousands of years to pass from childhood to adulthood. No more childish fears, right?
I haven't even played a psychologist on TV. Maybe it's a normal stage of growth and different people do it in different ways. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? People don't change, technology does.
Would you have chosen a generation that kept secrets? Maybe that's okay. Maybe if people keep it secret then fewer think the behaviors are okay?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

*opens door cautiously*

*looks around*

'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Where do I begin? I left 'the institutes of higher learning' in 1977.
I'm back there now as a bus driver. The 'differences' that I have noticed....
Back in the 70's we had all the action depicted in the vid! You just had to be 'invited' to certain parties to see it!
You still have to be invited to those parties, but now, there are guns and knives involved! Over the last 2 years, 2 students went overboard. One shot 2 fellow students and 1 slashed the throat of another. 2 dead, one wounded, 2 in jail for murder.
For the most part, the old man driving the bus is treated with respect. Most students 'Thank' the driver for the ride.
When I was a college puke 30+ years ago, we had 'students' that would yell things like " Let's get naked and F##K!"! Anyone that was interested in that particular activity would follow the sound! The rest just 'fired up another bowl', and 'zoned' for a while. I went home and went to bed because I had 120 children to drive to school the next morning.
All you have to do is 'NOT participate'!
College educated BUS driver? Well, actually, I'm a dispatcher now, but drive when someone calls 'off'. My 'supervisor' rode my bus 35 years ago! She was in 4th grade. She asked why I 'blew' the interview for her job. I told her that she needed the insurance for her kids, 'Yes'!, She needed the pay increase, "Yes", Now, when someone calls all pi$$ed off about something, I say "Hold, Please", then push HER extension!! She said, "Thanks a LOT!!"

Old farts arn't so dumb!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-11-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

I just counted how many skinny jeans I own.

Three.

I love college, don't get me wrong..but I only go to a Community College where it's mostly people getting their prereqs done and old people. No partying.

With me being the young age I am, I have the want to do stupid stuff like consume enormous amounts of alcohol to give myself a bit of a break from reality. Is it smart? No. There is little that we can do these days that isn't "Frowned upon" by some higher generation.

We can't even buy Sudafed anymore without having our ID's because people abuse it. We're stereotyped more than any other generation.

Now, I've never gotten insanely "Holy ****, what happened last night" smashed..but the times that I've consumed alcohol, I felt my social anxiety leave my mind and I was able to talk to people, have conversations that I normally wouldn't have. Of course, I was underage. Shame on me.

C/N: People do what they have to do to enjoy life. Deal with it. It doesn't affect you does it? (unless they're doing it publicly and driving)
Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I just counted how many skinny jeans I own.

Three.
Give your little sister her pants back.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Give your little sister her pants back.
She actually wears a bigger size than me so...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: