Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-10-2006, 08:57 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Busy Month...

Just relized tonight that its been almost exactly one month since the 6MT swap was finished. I thought it was longer than that. Since then I've dynoed, drag raced, been in a magazine, and today popped my AutoX cherry.

Now I'm hooked, autoX and the 6MT are made for each other. I had so much fun pushing the car and making the AWD work. I only took out 1 cone and thats when I went into a turn too fast and went off course. My fastest of the day was a 93.05. Not great but I'm still learning, was running on Allseason tires, and stock suspension. But all in all I can't wait for next month's race and next season for that matter.

Here's some pics, again shot by my friend Paul who did my "Fancy" pics...

1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-10-2006, 10:19 PM

Nice pics, good to hear the 6mt works well. I can tell you the auto box doesn't work so well on the track.

What other cars were you running against in ESP? How'd they do?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:24 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM
Nice pics, good to hear the 6mt works well. I can tell you the auto box doesn't work so well on the track.

What other cars were you running against in ESP? How'd they do?

Sorry I haven't called you back yet. My phone was dead and just turned it back on.

I was up against a V8 Camaro who posted the fastest clean run in the first group. I don't think I was in the right class. But its all good. Hopefully I'll be able to hit up the rest of the events this season.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-10-2006, 10:29 PM

If it is that black camaro (2002 ish) with wide racing tires, you won't come close. That guy is out there often and really good, car is set up well. So, don't sweat it, have fun. At least you didn't get beat by a TDi Jetta!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:32 PM

How did you get classed with that guy in the first place? Doesn't seem anywhere near equal...

Edit: ESP catch all = sedans over 3 liters not otherwise classified.

Last edited by KevinM; 09-10-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM
How did you get classed with that guy in the first place? Doesn't seem anywhere near equal...

Edit: ESP catch all = sedans over 3 liters not otherwise classified.
Some jackass in a Mazda cried that I had drilled rotors and couldn't run B-stock, even tho I was also running novice. Then the SVX wasn't listed in the suppliment book they had so the put me in ESP. Doing some research, I'd be in G-stock prepared. I'll run against 350Zs, MKIV VWs, NA 300ZX, etc... So next time I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
The 6MT is going to keep you out of any of the "Stock" classes. That leaves you with ESP, where SVXRide runs or if you gut the car and make it unstreetable you could join Ben and I in "F Prepared". Adding almost anything to the engine will bump you into SM, with Young Tom.

Come to think of it the 6MT might bump you right into SM???
Old 09-11-2006, 06:38 AM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
The 6MT is going to keep you out of any of the "Stock" classes. That leaves you with ESP, where SVXRide runs or if you gut the car and make it unstreetable you could join Ben and I in "F Prepared". Adding almost anything to the engine will bump you into SM, with Young Tom.

Come to think of it the 6MT might bump you right into SM???
Possibly, I'm going to sit down and read the rules and figure out where I belong before my next one. I'm not going to be competetive this season anyway. Right now I'm just learning and having a blast!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
6mt conversion alone bumps you into SM. This is where you will meet some HEAVILY modified cars running circles around you. Just have fun, thats what it is all about... I don't think I stayed on course 1 time for my 1st AutoX in my 6mt

Tom
Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Kerry,
Young Tom is correct here...you'd have to keep your AT to be in ESP. My first suggestion would be to find the stickiest 245 series tire you can for your rims -- as long as the wear rating on the tire isn't below 140 (I think SM is limited to 140 wear rating and no wider than 245). ESP is definitely the land of very set up Camaros! Sam Strano runs out here and most of the other Camaros are either his old cars or ones he's set up. 315 series V710s and more suspension mods than you can imagine....
Have fun out there!!
-Bill
p.s. G-Stock prepared doesn't exist....even though that's probably a good description of Bill-Stock when I was running G-Stock...

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 09-11-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
As for stock class cars, are there any cars that are in different classes based on what transmission they run (MT/AT)?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
As for stock class cars, are there any cars that are in different classes based on what transmission they run (MT/AT)?

David,
No...stock just means you can only run what the factory equipped your car with. If Subaru had actually offered a factory 5 or 6 spd MT in the SVX, we could run it and still be in GS.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So you're saying that a stock transmission does not effect the class a car is in. (not talking SVX's here)

What I'm saying is a stock Corvette w/auto is in the same class as a stock Corvette with a stick.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
One teal and One yellow

Glad you have fun with your 6mt. Good pics there.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

I'm not too worried about it. If I get beat I get beat. I'm going to take full advantage of being in the novice class and being able to have someone ride along and teach. This is just a fun hobby, just like when I used to do mountain bike racing.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..