IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Angry they are selling my car!!!!!

here it is:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

the people selling it still owe me 1,000 dollars on the car that i've been waiting for over 6 months for now.the only reason i did it was cause the wife talked me into it. i'm sick over it and highly upset as this is my pride and joy and took me years to make it the beast it is. over 15,000 dollars invested and the only reason it's wrecked is because 2 women hit me in one month a while after i had it restored so i just dumped the insurance money into the motor and said hell with the body since it drove straight and all that.i'm highly upset and don't know what i should do. i have a notarized letter from the people that says they owe me the money but it's in there name now though. should i call attorney or what? help guys please. Jason
Old 05-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Take the letter they gave you to the DMV and have a lean placed on the title.

Send a letter to Ebay Fraud explaining the situation and the lean you have placed against it.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
Take the letter they gave you to the DMV and have a lean placed on the title.

Send a letter to Ebay Fraud explaining the situation and the lean you have placed against it.

Doug

they won't let me put a lien on it. say i had to when i sold the car. was told i have to go to court system and to contact e-bay. any other ideas besides stop listening to my wife?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
they won't let me put a lien on it. say i had to when i sold the car. was told i have to go to court system and to contact e-bay. any other ideas besides stop listening to my wife?
I was thinking about this over lunch. This is really just a loan, not attached to the car. Even if they sell the car, they still owe you and you can still take them to small claims court. I would think that the letter would be proof enough.

BTW: You should have stopped listening to your wife they day you returned home from your honeymoon.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I was thinking about this over lunch. This is really just a loan, not attached to the car. Even if they sell the car, they still owe you and you can still take them to small claims court. I would think that the letter would be proof enough.

BTW: You should have stopped listening to your wife they day you returned home from your honeymoon.

i filed a complaint with the internet fraud complaint center, and i'll be talking to an attorney today. i have some history with these people and i'm not gonna take this laying down.the woman is in her 40's and gave up her marriage and job as a bus driver to sleep with a 14 year old student who is my wifes brother. well now he is 18 and still in prison where he's been for 4 years now and he had her buy the car from me for him and i was told if he kept screwing up and didn't get out by may 05 she would sell the car and give me my money. well here it is and she's trying to sell it on ebay without me knowing.they didn't think i'd be on there looking for trans ams but i just happened to for the fun of it last night and found it.i was so furious i almost contemplated going and burning the damn thing where it sits. everytime i try to hook someone up or help out i get screwed and it seems to be one big cycle. i give the shirt off my back for friends and such but they'd let me starve and go homeless before they'd do **** for me. gotta love life.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Ummmm here's a silly question. Did you talk to them about it? She maybe intending on giving you the money she gets from selling it and just negleted to tell you her plans.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Now what if you bid $1000 and win the auction? Can you just go and take the car back?
Old 05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

YEAH! theres a plan or at least Id do it
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 05-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Red face

yes i called her first thing this morning and we asked her about it and she said they had decided to sell it. as soon as my wife said well what about our money she lost the connection and has been unreachable since. so i'm pretty sure they are trying to play me. i talked to an attorney today and the signed paper i have is legally binding so i was thinking about trying to win the car but the reserve is set at 1300 and i can't afford to lose 300 dollars on a wrecked car with a blown tranny right now.this sucks guys. you have no idea how much i love that car and it hurts to be ripped off on it. but i'll get paid one way or nothing if it takes court or whatever.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:41 AM
KCROGUEDOG

Talking

not to get crazy but i know what i would do with the peeps that owe you money. thats just me. court would be more civil and can be very time consuming years even. value what they have verse what they owe. hint hint..
Old 05-25-2005, 01:42 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Lol, they say that Grand AM GTA is a V8, you probably should have put off from buying it from just by seeing that and with them stating a slight "discrepancy" in mileage. I won't be surprised if they initially bought the car just so they can racketeer more cash just by immediately reselling it.

Btw, goodluck with filing a complaint. But like someone else said if it is a loan just straggle them to pay it back, perhaps you might get it back and then some. But that would probably mean paying big bucks and just more time in court whilst filing a lawsuit
Old 05-25-2005, 02:53 AM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
i filed a complaint with the internet fraud complaint center, and i'll be talking to an attorney today. i have some history with these people and i'm not gonna take this laying down.the woman is in her 40's and gave up her marriage and job as a bus driver to sleep with a 14 year old student who is my wifes brother. well now he is 18 and still in prison where he's been for 4 years now and he had her buy the car from me for him and i was told if he kept screwing up and didn't get out by may 05 she would sell the car and give me my money. well here it is and she's trying to sell it on ebay without me knowing.they didn't think i'd be on there looking for trans ams but i just happened to for the fun of it last night and found it.i was so furious i almost contemplated going and burning the damn thing where it sits. everytime i try to hook someone up or help out i get screwed and it seems to be one big cycle. i give the shirt off my back for friends and such but they'd let me starve and go homeless before they'd do **** for me. gotta love life.

IS ANYBODY ELSE CONFUSED AS HELL BY THIS STORY....? sorry to hijack your current terrible situation, but what the heck is going on here.. i didn't quite catch it and no matter how many times i re-read it, I'm still in the dark.. not that it really matters, but ... hey.. I'm inquisitive.
Also, a good talking to by your attourney is sure to get her to cough up the Grand if she does get the car sold on ebay... she won't want to go to court anymore than you do.. maybe she'll agree to settle and just give you the ebay cash... hey, it could happen... court is expensive..
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 05-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Lol, they say that Grand AM GTA is a V8, you probably should have put off from buying it from just by seeing that and with them stating a slight "discrepancy" in mileage. I won't be surprised if they initially bought the car just so they can racketeer more cash just by immediately reselling it.

Btw, goodluck with filing a complaint. But like someone else said if it is a loan just straggle them to pay it back, perhaps you might get it back and then some. But that would probably mean paying big bucks and just more time in court whilst filing a lawsuit

GRAND am?????? nononono TRANS am gta. it definitely has a v-8 cause i'm the one who put it there out of an 87 vette.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
IS ANYBODY ELSE CONFUSED AS HELL BY THIS STORY....? sorry to hijack your current terrible situation, but what the heck is going on here.. i didn't quite catch it and no matter how many times i re-read it, I'm still in the dark.. not that it really matters, but ... hey.. I'm inquisitive.
Also, a good talking to by your attourney is sure to get her to cough up the Grand if she does get the car sold on ebay... she won't want to go to court anymore than you do.. maybe she'll agree to settle and just give you the ebay cash... hey, it could happen... court is expensive..

the basics are: i sold the car to my wifes brothers girlfriend. she paid me 1000 and still owes me a 1000. my wifes brother is in prison but he has his girlfriend always selling and buying cars for him. well now they are trying to turn my car for a profit buy selling it on ebay for 1300 and not letting me know about it so i don't try to get my money from them and there she's made a 300 dollar profit since she's only paid me 1,000. i figured the racket out today when we found out he was wanting to buy another firebird for 500 bucks and put a new rear hatch window in it and sell it for 2000. how do you think he'll get the money to do that? MY car. i'm calling her today and telling her she has till 10 days after the auction ends to either have my 1,000 dollars or if she still has it, the car. one of the two will be mine by then or all hell will break loose. i will post that womans name on every website i can find from her to eternity. i've never been so driven by anything in my life. i built that car from the ground up and after 5 years and 15 to 20,000 dollars i'm just a little upset about being ripped off.this is what it looked like before 2 woman hit me in one months time(long story but true) http://www.gtasourcepage.com/87Photo...ssell87GTA.jpg

so you can see what i had and what i'm *****ing about. it's not all that now but it is still one fast bad ass machine. ran 12.9 in quarter! anyway, if anyone has some legal ways to fry this ***** let me know. Jason
Old 05-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wink

weel the car sold for the reserve amount, so now the fun begins. am sending her an email today telling her she has 10 days to pay or we go to court wish me luck guys but i think i got it in the bag

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: