Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
deruvian

And in addition to what PA_SVX had to say...

California is seeking new emissions laws, which will obviously be more stringent than the last. Every single new Ford car or truck would fail these emissions. Ford is lobbying against this, because they have admitted that they cannot make their new vehicles meet these laws.

On the same note, up until this year, the fastest Ford Mustang was slower than the slowest Corvette, it's "competitor." Ford had to supercharge the engine to keep up, while the Corvette is still going N/A.

This, to me, shows nothing but shear ineffeciency in both environmental affairs and power capabilities... Two of the most important things a car can offer, other than safety abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no huge GM fan either (especially with what is happening to Subaru now that they own a portion of it), but I just had to put things in perspective.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian

Replies within the quotes, in italics.
bingo.

weight + gearbox = teh slow

i do like the 6 and the S60R, but they're just too damn heavy. i'd take the Leg GT over them for the gearing and weight. you can always add more hp to a turbo-charged engine fairly easily, but reducing bulk and changing the gearing isn't what i'd be looking to do after buying a new $30k+ car.

"must have strong root" Mr. Miyagi

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Holy cow people. Can't anybody post a thread saying, 'hey, this looks like a nice car' without the bickering?
I tried...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 01-07-2005, 05:43 PM

More MazdaSpeed6 info and pics...

From www.triplezoom.com/:

Mazda News
MazdaSpeed6: The Fastest, Best-Handling Mazda Sedan Ever
By Source: Mazda North America
Jan 5, 2005, 11:34

Mazda today unveiled its newest high-performance vehicle at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show as it took the wraps off the all-new MAZDASPEED6 for the first time in North America. The 274-horsepower, 280 lb-ft of torque, all-wheel drive MAZDASPEED6 is expected to add additional customer and media accolades to the MAZDA6 family’s already impressive collection. Power from the direct-injection turbocharged 2.3-liter engine is chanelled to an all-new Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive system for traction and handling in all conditions.

"The MAZDASPEED6 offers the optimal balance between performance and sophistication," said Weldon Munsey, vehicle line manager for Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). "The turbocharged engine, with its broad powerband, excellent fuel economy and eco-friendly emissions levels, is unmatched in its class, while the sport-minded, luxurious cabin helps deliver a car drivers will find hard to exit."

The MAZDASPEED6 will be available as a Sport or Grand Touring model. Both versions feature extensive interior appointments, including stainless steel scuff plates, sport-type front seats, a BOSE® audio system with in-dash six-disc CD changer and an alloy pedal set. The MAZDASPEED6 Grand Touring edition also will receive black leather-trimmed seat upholstery, eight-way adjustable heated front seats, heated door mirrors, an advanced keyless entry system and optional power moonroof.

To encase the interior sophistication, the MAZDASPEED6 boasts a unique compliment of exterior color options, including Black Mica, Whitewater Pearl Mica, Velocity Red Mica, Black Cherry Mica, Titanium Gray II Mica and Liquid Platinum Metallic.

The exhilarating contours of the MAZDA6 are even more accentuated in the MAZDASPEED6 to create a look that conveys the vehicle's dynamic performance and solid stability. Mazda engineers applied a subtle, yet aggressive design to create a refined appearance that resonates with those seeking automotive maturity and refinement.

The shape of the MAZDASPEED6 is a symphony of solid proportions and athletic tension. An aerodynamic front bumper and lower grille section hints at the high performance hiding behind the overall road-hugging image. A five-point upper grille serves as the air intake, directing cooling air through an in-hood duct to the intercooler. The sleek design extends to the strong proportions of the flared side skirts and is amplified by the 18-inch aluminum wheels. A rear bumper with built-in diffuser for the integrated exhaust tailpipe combines with a compact, functional rear lip spoiler to finish off the attractive exterior package that also serves to maintain the MAZDA6's strong aerodynamic package. The vehicle's overall exterior look is that of a tightly integrated machine with a unique, fresh identity.

The interior of the MAZDASPEED6 is equally attractive as the exterior and shares much with its siblings, the MAZDA6 Sports Sedan, 5-Door and Sport Wagon. The spacious cabin seats five adults and is conducive to communication between driver and passengers. Engineers chose high-quality interior materials for a lush finish that appeals to adult sensibility, rather than leaning toward youth-oriented and stark rally-inspired trimmings. Other performance-minded interior features include the custom six-speed shift knob and semi-bucket sport-type front seats for excellent side support.

The performance attitude of the MAZDASPEED6 stems from its powerplant. By introducing direct injection to a turbo application, Mazda circumvented the usual drawback of turbocharging – poor low- and mid-range torque – while meeting strict exhaust regulations. Both fuel mixture loading efficiency and torque are increased by injecting fuel directly into the combustion chamber. As a result, the turbocharger delivers much of its 15.6 psi of boost from approximately 2500 rpm. The single-scroll turbocharger maintains exhaust temperature, allowing for reduced thermal capacity of the exhaust system, which, in turn, minimizes harmful emissions and allows the MAZDASPEED6 to meet both LEV-II state and Bin 5-A Federal regulations.

An all-new high-performance six-speed transmission harnesses the MAZDASPEED6's ample power and was developed specifically for this application. Mazda engineers chose low gears for strong acceleration and high overdrive gears for effortless high-speed cruising. The extremely small transmission employs triple cone synchronizers – which minimize shift effort – for first, second and third gears, with a double cone synchronizer for fourth gear, allowing for smooth up and downshifts. Brass synchronizers were chosen on select gears to minimize shift balking and maximize feel.

The dynamic driving experience is further enhanced by the MAZDASPEED6’s Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive system. The all-new system yields a superb balance between Zoom-Zoom driving excitement and assured stability under all road conditions. The torque transfer system found in the MAZDASPEED6 adjusts front/rear torque distribution between 100:0 and 50:50 for optimum drive power to each wheel and can react to wheel slippage much more quickly than conventional gear- or fluid-controlled systems.

The Active Torque Split system incorporates real-time input data on steering angle, yaw rate, lateral G force and engine status to determine road surface and driving conditions, then selects between Normal, Sports and Snow (slippery) modes to provide the most power and traction under all conditions. A torque-sensing limited-slip differential (borrowed from the Mazda RX-8 sports car) optimizes torque and ensures excellent power delivery when cornering or on slippery surfaces. To ensure consistent power delivery under all weather and driving conditions, the water-cooled Power Take Off center differential distributes torque to the rear axle.

Another Mazda innovation applied to the MAZDASPEED6 is the proprietary Advanced Precision Mazda Casting processes, which drastically improves the strength of the cylinder block and head. Other enhanced components in the engine include steel connecting rods and crankshaft, increased diameters of connecting rod pins, optimized rod shape and the introduction of full floating pistons. Each and every moving part is stronger, more rigid and more durable. Literally hundreds of part numbers were changed from the standard MZR non-turbo engine in developing this powerplant.

To complete the Zoom-Zoom experience, engineers tuned the exhaust for an exhaust note that is both subtle and aggressive with a pleasing linear curve at high engine speeds.

In order for the MAZDASPEED6 to take advantage of its turbocharged powerplant, the chassis received extensive attention. Mazda engineers succeeded in improving torsional rigidity by approximately 50 percent off the base MAZDA6, which helps improve steering and overall driving pleasure.

Mazda engineers paid particular attention to local reinforcement on a sub-assembly level, which avoids increased vehicle weight while simultaneously increasing rigidity where it is most needed. The advantages include improved rear suspension grip and sharper handling characteristics.

By focusing on the front and rear suspension components independently, engineers created a stable, communicative driving platform. At the front, improvements designed to enhance handling include increased dampening force of the double-wishbone suspension, a 25 percent higher spring rate for the coil springs and an increase in the diameter of the stabilizer bar from 23mm to 24mm.

The multi-link rear suspension saw extensive changes in order to fit the rear drive unit, without denigrating the car’s driving experience. The changes began with a switch to mono-tube dampers for superior response and smooth transitions between compression and rebound, thereby improving dampening performance. The spring rate of the rear coils has been increased by 37 percent, the stabilizer bar diameter increased from 21mm to 23mm and the rear cross-member reinforced to support the MAZDASPEED6's potent output.

Braking is by discs all around, with fronts measuring 12.6 inches and vented, and rears measuring 12.3 inches and solid. The brakes work in synergy with the four-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Active Torque Split All-Wheel-Drive system to exhibit an outstanding level of active safety. From the beginning of MAZDASPEED6 development, braking performance and feel was deemed to be critical to the car’s performance.

The MAZDASPEED6 shares the class-leading safety features found in every member of the MAZDA6 family. With side-impact door beams, whiplash-reducing front seat headrests, dual front airbag supplemental restraint systems (SRS) and standard-equipment side impact airbags and air curtains, the MAZDASPEED6 sets the benchmark in safety for performance sedans.

The thorough attention to detail synonymous with Mazda has yielded an elegantly aggressive MAZDASPEED6 that further establishes Mazda on the front lines of automotive design and performance. With every component enhanced for strength and durability and every aspect optimized to ensure seamless performance, the MAZDASPEED6 propels the MAZDA6 family to a higher level of automotive excellence.

Like every Mazda, the 2005 MAZDASPEED6 comes with a four-year roadside assistance program. With a call to a toll-free number, MAZDASPEED6 owners can access roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year throughout the United States and Canada. For all 2005 Mazda vehicles, the company will provide a free loaner car in the event a warrantable condition requires the use of alternative transportation.

The 2005 MAZDASPEED6 is covered by a comprehensive four-year/50,000-mile warranty that covers every part on the vehicle except those subject to normal wear. In addition, MAZDASPEED6 is covered by a five-year/unlimited-mileage corrosion warranty.

Mazda North American Operations is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer parts and service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., MNAO has more than 700 dealerships nationwide.

-Chike

Last edited by Chiketkd; 01-07-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Certified Porschephile

Rather then re-explain my point I'll just correct some off the points you countered with.

As for the ford I drive being horrible, it is and the numbers show it. I blame GM. They stopped making a real RWD car so all we have left if crown vic pos'. ford is being sued by the F.O.P. because they have a tendency to expload when rear ended. Sound familier. All ford cars I have seen have manual resets for the fuel pumps in the trunks. So when they are hit from behind they don't pump fuel out onto the roadway. Our Chevy's didn't need them. This is a fact. The lawsuit is a fact.

My Contour comment was wrong, and thank you for calling me on it. I was fired up, and I appologize for that. I didn't like the style of it, but again, I'm not a "ford" person. You made a very valid reply to the where is it now. However, all SVT's are gone for the time being. ford is losing the new age horsepower race BY a long distance. They need mid-level power, and except for the new rustang, thier portfolio is bare.

Honda gets more HP out of thier cars then ford does of SIMILIER displacement. That was the point. You throw out the GT. It is a Supercharged 5.4L V-8 in a car that cost over $150k. The Nissan Skyline is a Turbocharged 2.6L I-6 in a car that costs less then $60k. The ford is twice the size, but makes less then twice the horsepower. Yes we could get into specific outputs, but the point was the major Japanese companies get more out of less.

Shadow, my appologies to you as well my friend. In trucks, US is way ahead. But after seeing the new Frontier, Tacoma, and Titan I'd be concearned. Also I see GM way ahead of ford and chrysler with thier new vehicles, although the 300/Charger looks impressive. Anyone here take a Five Hundred over a 300C? Pontiac's G8 looks to be a nice vehicle to get them out of the "body cladding" division stereotype.

As for the recall point. It is in ACTUAL numbers. Not percentages (I don't know where you got this from). The focus had 13 official recalls and 2 NHTSA safety inquires. The escape had 9 recalls and 1 inquiry. Name another car that is made or imported into the US with numbers anywhere near those.

Mazda still doesn't have a F1 or WRC program. Yes the focus RS is in WRC, but they aren't exactly lighting up the victory board. I'll give ford credit for sticking with it. Mitsu is drowning in red ink, Toyota refused to come back, and PSA (owner of Puegeot AND Citroen) is leaving the WRC.

Again as for output soince you harped on it. The focus 2.4L 4 makes 151hp. Subaru's 2.5 NA makes 168. Nissan's 2.5L makes 180 in top trim, 165 in base. Honda's 2.0 makes 200 in the RSX. I was vindicated with your Corvette comment by deruvian. The new LS7 makes 500+ horsepower from a 427 being NA. Supercharge it and it will be in the 700-800 range. Again the new Z06 will be faster then a GT, have a far better interior in quality of interior trim, and cost SUBSTANCIALLY less money.

ford succeds by selling vanilla vehicles to mass amounts of people. Besides the new rustang, give me an example of a recent ford car that stirred the masses. Like a 350Z, G35, Corvette C6, WRX STi, Lancer Evo VIII, etc... The SVT focus was a worthy attempt, but they killed it. Chrysler took chances with the PT, the Viper, the Prowler. GM sees the last few years were horrible and that mistakes were made. So 20+ new vehicles to market. ford? The Five Hundred/Freestyle and the rustang. Again credit to ford with the Mazda 3/6 and new Volvos. But you want a new ford product? Have to buy the more expensive imported version.

Which brings me back to the original point before you fired the first salvo. The Mazda 6 or MS6 might be nice cars, but I cringe the "ford factor" creeping into thier corprate structure. Jaguar makes a profit because it has a rather bland volume leader X-Type which is a reskined pedestrian ford mondeo. The S-Type has a Lincoln LS chassis. Was it nessasary to save Jaguar? Yes, but until the alleged XK comes out, we will have to wait and see. Land Rover sales are down. The LR3 is an important vehicle in turning the tide. Yes Hummer is sinking as well. SUV's are hurting as of late. Caddy outsells Lincoln over 2-1. The CTS-V can run with BMW and M-B. Any Lincolns? I'm not narrow minded. I gave credit where it was due with ford, but overall they don't rate high. I'm not alone. GM and Chrysler were up 4th quarter. ford down. I didn't buy all the GM's to make ford a loser.

Yes I used some ill advised hyperboyle to push my point, but when broken down and viewed rationally, I made my point. Without flames.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Ciscokid

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
On the same note, up until this year, the fastest Ford Mustang was slower than the slowest Corvette, it's "competitor." Ford had to supercharge the engine to keep up, while the Corvette is still going N/A.

Yeah but the slowest Vette still costs 20k more than the Mustang.

My Cobra will eat a Vette and I have about 15k in upgrades, meaning I still have money left over for hookers, beer and a hotel room. (Who's going to be in Reading with me??)
Old 01-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
I have been off the site for a while, and I find this thread very interesting - with the hot-heads thrown in. Everyone has an opinion, and that's good. But guys, it's the WAY one presents their opinions. Says a lot about the person. But I digress....

Just wanted to say that it is my understanding that the new Ford 500 is really a Mazda 6. So Ford is not really corrupting Mazda, they are "borrowing" the Mazda technology for their own cars - as was pointed out a couple of times, many, many major manufactuers are now doing that.
Pricing is another thing all together. As has been stated on this site before, the Legacy GT is way over-priced for what one gets. Spending well over $30K (someone said $34K?), one would expect a world class car, to include performance. Interestingly, this past month, one could buy a well loaded Lexus ES 330 for $32,400 - that, BTW, is $2K LESS than an ES 300 that I bought in 1997!! Of course, the ES 330 is not what I would call a "sporty" sedan, but look what you get. Personally, I would prefer the Infinity G35 for slightly less than the Lexus.
But back to Mazda. I have not driven the Mazda 6 or the Mazdaspeed6, but my son own the new Mazda 3 S (same engine (I think) as the Mazdaspeed 6 without the turbo), and it is a VERY sweet ride. And with the upgraded stero, moonroof, 17" wheels, etc, it was a little over $17K. Couldn't come close to a like - loaded Impreza for that price.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Great threat, Chike - you have good taste in cars. Now perhaps I should start a thread on the BRICKLIN - does anyone know the connection with the BRICKLIN and SUBARU? BTW, they were built in 1974 and 75 - perhaps one or two in 1976 using parts in the factory after they went out of business. And oh, yes. The '74 had an AMC V 8 in it and the '75 had a Ford.

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 01-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by newsvx
I have been off the site for a while, *snip* Now perhaps I should start a thread on the BRICKLIN - does anyone know the connection with the BRICKLIN and SUBARU? BTW, they were built in 1974 and 75 - perhaps one or two in 1976 using parts in the factory after they went out of business. And oh, yes. The '74 had an AMC V 8 in it and the '75 had a Ford.

Harry
Harry,
Yeah, you've been "off site" for too long!
What's this I hear about you thinking about getting a Bricklin? ("thread-jacking" aside...)...Are you also thinking about a DeLorean?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Certified Porschephile

Wasn't Bricklin the guy who first imported Subaru's to the US?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newsvx
Anyway, my 2 cents. Great threat, Chike - you have good taste in cars. Now perhaps I should start a thread on the BRICKLIN - does anyone know the connection with the BRICKLIN and SUBARU? BTW, they were built in 1974 and 75 - perhaps one or two in 1976 using parts in the factory after they went out of business. And oh, yes. The '74 had an AMC V 8 in it and the '75 had a Ford.

Harry
Thanks Harry. Good to see that you're still around...

Yeah, definitely start a thread on the Bricklin. It'll be cool to see if you can locate one in good condition. If you ever get it, I'll be the first to drive up to your place and ask for a ride... Nice choice!

-Chike

Last edited by Chiketkd; 01-07-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

But I digress....

does anyone know the connection with the BRICKLIN and SUBARU? BTW, they were built in 1974 and 75 - perhaps one or two in 1976 using parts in the factory after they went out of business. And oh, yes. The '74 had an AMC V 8 in it and the '75 had a Ford.

Harry [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Harry - You've been busy Q-tipping the garage floor, haven't you? The Malcolm Bricklin connection to Subaru is well known to those of us ready for the rocking chair. And, by the way, a month ago I got passed by an absolutely mint yellowish Bricklin on Rt. 100 in Elkridge, MD. I would have put your phone number under his windshield, but this would have been ill-advised at 75 mph.

Ronald.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
i do like the 6 and the S60R, but they're just too damn heavy. i'd take the Leg GT over them for the gearing and weight. you can always add more hp to a turbo-charged engine fairly easily, but reducing bulk and changing the gearing isn't what i'd be looking to do after buying a new $30k+ car.
Alan,

The base model MazdaSpeed 6 weighs 3580lbs, and has 50hp more than our beloved SVX. Also, the gearing on the MS6 is a close-ratio performance configuration with only one overdrive gear:

"Transmission: 6-speed manual
Clutch type Single dry plate with diaphragm spring
Transmission ratios (:1)
1st 3.538
2nd 2.238
3rd 1.535
4th 1.171
5th 1.085
6th 0.853
Reverse 3.831
Final Drive 1st - 4th 3.611
5th, 6th, Rev. 3.095"

Moreover, in MotorTrend's coverage of the LA Motor Show, Mazda has revised their 0-60 claim for the MazdaSpeed 6 to just 6.2 seconds (down from 6.6s).

In the Car & Driver test of the '05 Legacy 2.5 GT (Oct '04), their test car weighed in at 3402lbs, came equiped with a wide-ratio 5MT with two over-drive gears (1st 3.17, 2nd 1.88, 3rd 1.30, 4th 0.97, 5th 0.74), and still managed to scramble to 60mph in 5.7s and do the 1/4 mile in 14.2 @ 96mph.

The MazdaSpeed 6 weighing just 180 pounds more than the Legacy, as well as having 30+hp and a close ratio 6MT, will be at least 0.2-0.3 seconds quicker to 60mph and probably cut high 13sec 1/4 mile times (remember the '91-'93 3000GT VR-4's weighed 3800+lbs, had 300hp and a wide ratio 5MT but still ran the 1/4 mile stock in 13.6-14.0 seconds @ 97-99mph).

-Chike (zoom-zoom )

Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 PM
One teal and One yellow

I always like the 6, as a sport sedan!

This mazda speed 6 looks more aggressive. The rear-end bumper design looks like it wears the underwear outside its body.

Anyway, 6spd close ratio AWD and turbocharged 2.3 is great. Wait till they come out the turbocharged 3.0 would be greater.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 01-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Hello Ford Rob.

Quote:
Originally posted by JusticeSVX
Do you realize how many cars ford produces? With that many vehicles, they're going to get hit with recalls more often than marques that put out less vehicles. Why? Ever seen fightclub? A recall happens when it's cheaper to do the recall than it is to deal with individual settlements. If .05% of subarus blow up, its no big deal, subie could probably take the hit and deal with it privately. If .05% of ford tauruses blew up.. holy COW man.. you're talking thousands and thousands and THOUSANDS of vehicles. SOOOOO ford gets more recalls than any other vehicle. Does that make them crappy? HELL NO! AT LEAST THEY"RE BEING RESPONSIBLE! When was the last SVX recall you heard of, involving things such as wheel bearings, transmissions, etc..... ?!?!?! I WISH subaru had put a recall on SVXs!!!!! There'd be more of them on the road today!
Per 100 cars made, Ford's recall percentage MORE THAN DOUBLES Chrysler's. Those are the two top recallers these days. They have one hell of a lead.

Quote:
What you meant to say was that Jaguars are finally reliable and don't grow a new electrical gremlin each time you fill up for gas, Aston makes desireable cars that actually sell all over the world (instead of just europe), and Land Rover is opening up new dealerships like hotcakes.
Jaguars are NOT reliable. If anything they have gotten worse. Check JD Power's rankings. They were somewhere around 30 (out of 44) this year. Actually BEHIND Ford (at 22). Aston's sales are also down in the third and fourth quarters of 04...even after the release of the new DB9. Land Rover was somewhere around 34 on JD's list - right next to Mercedes where they've sat for a few years now.

Quote:
with Ford Contour SVT gaining low 13s for streetcars considering they are FWD sedans.
What's your point?

I've witnessed two different Grand Prix GTP's run mid 11s...with stock head gaskets nonetheless. That's something NO duratec can claim.

Quote:
and yet the lowly 'ford' GT will handily kick its ass performance wise.
I would not use the GT for any comments right now...first, it's a Ford that costs $150,000...second, it's weeks away from being absolutely embarrassed by a car costing half as much.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Shadow, my appologies to you as well my friend. In trucks, US is way ahead. But after seeing the new Frontier, Tacoma, and Titan I'd be concearned. Also I see GM way ahead of ford and chrysler with thier new vehicles, although the 300/Charger looks impressive. Anyone here take a Five Hundred over a 300C? Pontiac's G8 looks to be a nice vehicle to get them out of the "body cladding" division stereotype.
Not a problem. Hey what about the Bonneville GXP? I think that's alot more impressive than either the 300 or 500.

Also, GM has no reason to be concerned. Just as the Japanese makers are "stepping it up" in the truck game...GM continues to raise the bar. Don't agree? Wait until next fall when the 2006 GMC's are unveiled. That's all I have to say about that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciscokid
Yeah but the slowest Vette still costs 20k more than the Mustang.
I have some advice for you - if you want to retain any manner of respectability, you will want to avoid comparing the Corvette and Mustang in the future. Speedwise is one thing, but there is a VERY VERY good reason that the Vette is $20k more than the GT...that should be blantantly obvious to just about anyone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciscokid
My Cobra will eat a Vette and I have about 15k in upgrades, meaning I still have money left over for hookers, beer and a hotel room. (Who's going to be in Reading with me??)
My WS6 will eat a Vette, and your Cobra too, and still costs less. What's your point? My WS6 is NOT a vette. It's got the same engine, tranny, brakes, springs, and wheels, but it's still not even close to a Vette. Different league my friend.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
I love the headlights on the 6

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: