Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-13-2004, 04:25 PM

The new mustang looks ok. But, as with all cars, throw some nice aluminum rims on it and it'll look sweet.

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 12-13-2004, 04:51 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Ive seen the mustang Modded numerous ways
and stock to me the car GT is pretty clean.
From what Ive seen at SEMA about whats possible
to do with these cars, ..its amazing
"the possibilities"...

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 12-13-2004, 05:17 PM

you cant beat the performance it offers at that price, mid 20's low 30's. Thats an awesome bargain.

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 12-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
Ive seen the mustang Modded numerous ways
and stock to me the car GT is pretty clean.
From what Ive seen at SEMA about whats possible
to do with these cars, ..its amazing
"the possibilities"...
one of my friends is working at Saleen on one of them... he personally hates the car.. he thought it looked pretty good from concept pics.. but after helping with the "saleen-ification" process... well lets just say you won't EVER see him buying one

which ferrari did you drive? i drove i think it was the f430... with the F1 paddle shift.... all i could saw was wow.. and that was only a short drive... but then again, i don't have a turbo soarer that i blew up the engine cause i was running so much boost either... i guess speed is all relative.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-13-2004, 06:00 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow

one of my friends is working at Saleen on one of them... he personally hates the car.. he thought it looked pretty good from concept pics.. but after helping with the "saleen-ification" process... well lets just say you won't EVER see him buying one

which ferrari did you drive? i drove i think it was the f430... with the F1 paddle shift.... all i could saw was wow.. and that was only a short drive... but then again, i don't have a turbo soarer that i blew up the engine cause i was running so much boost either... i guess speed is all relative.
it was a 2001 360 Spyder...
I knew my 1jz motor was headed for disaster, and it
really was more too not enough fuel matched with the boost
1jzs have cast pistons... The 2jz fully built with new turbo
cost me less then $5K.....not sure what you can buy for a Ferrari for $5k, ..maybe a regular tune up as they suggest every 10-15k miles.
Its still more cost effective to build my car and have something unique and exotic, and faster........then a ferrari
Id still sell my left nut for a new Ford GT......worth every penny if you ask me.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 12-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
The GT better enjoy it's time in the sun, because a faster car is on the horizon for HALF the price...eh...you all know this already.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I'm waiting for the retro F-150 since ford can't do anything original. The new pinto will be a smash!!!!! The GT is a redo, the Mustang is a redo, T-Bird a redo, the new Five Hundred is a redo of Mays' A4 but with a gerbil motor in it. Can't we do anything orginal? The whole SUV line has the exact same nose and grill. ford blasted GM for a "Corprate Identity" in the 80's and now they are doing it.
Well I have to say I like what they did with the Mustang and GT. But pretty much everything else they just changed from an uninspiring design to a new uninspiring design. Wait, let me correct myself - underpowered uninspiring design.

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorpsort-SVX
..Gm learned
that with their SRR thing that flopped.
Well maybe you have the ability to see into the future, but as of yet, there has been no "flop". The SSR outsold it's projections in it's first year, and even got a drivetrain upgrade this year of 90hp and a 6-speed. It's doing so well, in fact, that the "SSR Supercharged" will (supposedly) be out next year with 480hp.

Quote:
It's GT, not GT40, they let the copyright expire, then couldn't get it back. I'm not the only one saying ford is out of ideas, read a major auto magazine. As for the GT, I'd take a Vette Z06 that costs less, or if money was no object, the Porsche Carrera GT. Don't like Ferrari's much.
Funny how everyone seems to think that Ferraris are all around better cars because they are so much more expensive and exclusive. They're performance is undeniable, however quality is another story. How anyone can pay upwards of 200g's for one of those tempermental heaps is beyond me.

Also, anyone catch the new Car&Driver? The Corvette Z51 (regular vette) out-dueled the new Porsche 996. Pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
I think the biggest downfall of US automakers is their inability to make up for wheel gap between fender and tire.
I guess I should take it as a compliment that you have to be so nitpicky to find a problem with US cars? On the serious side, you can thank states like NJ and NY (and their WONDERFUL roads) for the huge gaps that our sports cars have. The gap on my T/A is one of the problems i'll be addressing this spring.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:38 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Also, anyone catch the new Car&Driver? The Corvette Z51 (regular vette) out-dueled the new Porsche 996. Pretty impressive.

"In the end, though, it was the Vette's outstanding value that carried the day, as it scored 20 points in that category to the 911's 15. It was a deficit the Porsche almost, but not quite, surmounted. As we've said before, for the money, there isn't a better sports car around." - Car&Driver

well, i've you're looking for a bargain, then the Vette is your car, until it comes time to sell. the Porsche will hold its value, unlike the plummeting Vette. considering the Vette has an 85hp advantage over the 911, it SHOULD have beat it by far more. its apples to oranges. compare pricetags, Vette wins. compare the 911 Turbo (with comparable horsepower to the Vette), it will lose hard. there's a reason you're going to pay more for the Porsche, and that will become apparent 20 years down the road.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 12-14-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Certified Porschephile

I think you were agreeing with me Shadow. I have been in a Ferrari, and a Porsche. The winner in my book? Porsche.. EVERY time. It's a better CAR. The Ferrari may look nice, but after finding out the ENGINE needs to be removed to change the timing belt on the 308 I can say I'll never buy one. I remember the 959 vs F40 in 1989 I believe. The F40 was a tick faster, but was full of bare metal panels, horrible lexan windows, and no radio or A/C. The Porsche had carpeted interior, power windows, AWD, CD player, A/C, etc... I know what car I'd rather own. Yes there is a sort-of racer for the street mojo with the F40, but the days of the 280GTO that could race on Sunday and drive to work on Monday left us in the early 1970's. I was 16 when I rode in my first Porsche, a 924 that had been modded with a turbo Audi 5 cylinder motor in it. It was a rush. Someday I will own my own dream car, a 1987-1992 Porsche 928 S4. I'm willing to bet it will be FAR more reliable and cheaper to own then a 1990 328 GTS.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
I guess I should take it as a compliment that you have to be so nitpicky to find a problem with US cars? On the serious side, you can thank states like NJ and NY (and their WONDERFUL roads) for the huge gaps that our sports cars have. The gap on my T/A is one of the problems i'll be addressing this spring.
It is just one of my pet-peeves. I think it is a minor detail that makes a HUGE difference in the look of a car, esp a sports car....
BMWs seem to handle crappy roads and still have no gap.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Quote:
I think you were agreeing with me Shadow. I have been in a Ferrari, and a Porsche. The winner in my book? Porsche.. EVERY time. It's a better CAR. The Ferrari may look nice, but after finding out the ENGINE needs to be removed to change the timing belt on the 308 I can say I'll never buy one. I remember the 959 vs F40 in 1989 I believe. The F40 was a tick faster, but was full of bare metal panels, horrible lexan windows, and no radio or A/C. The Porsche had carpeted interior, power windows, AWD, CD player, A/C, etc... I know what car I'd rather own. Yes there is a sort-of racer for the street mojo with the F40, but the days of the 280GTO that could race on Sunday and drive to work on Monday left us in the early 1970's. I was 16 when I rode in my first Porsche, a 924 that had been modded with a turbo Audi 5 cylinder motor in it. It was a rush. Someday I will own my own dream car, a 1987-1992 Porsche 928 S4. I'm willing to bet it will be FAR more reliable and cheaper to own then a 1990 328 GTS.
ummmmm pretty much any repair on any style 911 requires you to pull the engine.

I agree with you, I have always loved Porsches! I came very close to dumping my SVX for one recently. Only thing that stopped me is I didn't wnat to drive the Porsche in the salty roads!

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 12-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Hater

Quote:
Someday I will own my own dream car, a 1987-1992 Porsche 928 S4.
there's an '87 S4 in the local autotrader w/ low miles and a rare 5-speed for $14k.

my hand started reaching for the phone all by itself....

Old 12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
The GT better enjoy it's time in the sun, because a faster car is on the horizon for HALF the price...eh...you all know this already.
Nothing will ever take the place of the GT. The Z06 is nice and all, but its not a GT. Much more heritage behind it, much more style. I do like the Z06, and its an incredibly solid car, but it just doesnt evoke the same feelings that the GT does.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp

Nothing will ever take the place of the GT. The Z06 is nice and all, but its not a GT. Much more heritage behind it, much more style. I do like the Z06, and its an incredibly solid car, but it just doesnt evoke the same feelings that the GT does.
Corvettes were used in LeMans much longer than GT40's ever were.....

I think A new vette grand sport is in order.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
Old 12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
I do like the Z06, and its an incredibly solid car, but it just doesnt evoke the same feelings that the GT does.
the feelings of expensive Ford junk?

Old 12-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

Corvettes were used in LeMans much longer than GT40's ever were.....

I think A new vette grand sport is in order.
Maybe so, but theres only one car that will forever be known as the Ferrari killer.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: