How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-06-2004, 02:01 PM
nrg

transmission

Hello everybody! Just joyned the club.Couple of days ago I sold my Legacy and bought '92 SVX. The car is from Luxembourg and I'm the 2-nd owner.It has 80803 miles on the clocks ,and according to the paperwork the mileage is genuine.All works perfect , apart from the gearbox, it won't shift to 4-th gear ,and it shifts to 3-rd,when it reaches 4500 RPM. I know that most SVX suffer from this problem.
I live in Lithuania (one of the Baltic states) and SVX is a very rare animal in this country.Due to this there is no trained mechanics familiar with this model.I found one service garage and they going to rebuild my trunny.What worries me - is they'r experience with SVX (or no experience I should say).And there is a chance that we won't be able to find spare parts. Is there any others Subaru gearboxes can be fitted? I know that most of them will
bolt on , but I guess that I'll need to change gear ratios.

Thanks for your help and advice! and Good luck with your's SVX.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:19 PM

Labas

Labas. Siunciame linkejimus is Tennesse.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:02 PM
svx92Latvia

hi

I got a used svx gearbox for sale, it has gone 149000 km, works ok, might need to adjusted on the brakebands before installed, and to get new oil and filter inside, shifts a little bit harder then on my car i use now, got a wrecked 92 svx, and a 92 svx that i use, both are in Riga, Latvia, will sell parts from the wreck, offered this gearbox to a guy in Poland, but he has not decided yet what he will do, contact me if you are interessed. I only speak english and norwegian, no russian or latvian.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:55 PM
nrg

Hi Johannes
Thanks for reply.
Yesterday I took my SVX to the service garage for servicing.I hope that it's only brake band needs adjusting, but it's not clear yet.I said to the mechanic that there is SVX for sale in Riga , they asked what's the damage ? is there any parts been already sold ,etc . They asked how much do you want for the lot? So if you want to offer your SVX to them , let me know . (but bear in mind that they will offer the lowest price) When you sell your car to service garage , they pay you peanuts , when you come to them for spare parts , they charge Taj Mahal .

Alec