Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-17-2004, 12:16 PM

Air Filter Intake Duct

So I took apart my air filter duct when I cleaned my throttle body (thanks to that handy dandy how-to!) and I've reconnected it all, only now it appears there are two more places for me to plug in hoses on the left, yet I can't find said hoses. Kinda silly, I know. So can someone please tell me how many hoses in total I should have hooked up to that duct and from where those hoses originate? Am I supposed to have two extra places to plug in hoses on the left side? And if not, and I'm unable to locate the MIA hoses, is it detremental to have those holes open - should I tape up those holes?

I know I know, but humor me, please.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:05 PM

help is here

You didn't say if you were facing the car if you are I see the issue,you should have four holes, one hose come from the drivers side of the engine and go into the rear of the intake tube,#2 comes from under your intake manifold from the pvc valve and go in on the bottom of the intake, #3and 4 are really one tube that is L shape that connects near the throttle bodies.Now on the drivers side all you have is two and please don't tape them up.Tape your nose and mouth up and you won't operate too well,get back with me.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:16 PM

hahhh thanks! When I said left, I was talking about passenger side - so that would be facing the engine. I gotta get to class now but I'll check on all that later this evening. Thanks again!