How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 10:13 PM
swpyne

I know the whole thing sounds suspect and I was not prepared for it to really work. I don't profess to understand all of the physics involved but I do know that it "somehow" solved my HC emission problem. I am being completely honest when I tell you that my car failed the Colorado emissions test twice. I then installed two fuelmax units on my fuel line and ran three tanks of gas through it before I went in this morning for my third attempt at passing. I made no other modifications to my car and did no other remedial work on my engine. All I know is that this thing worked for me. It saved me at least $715.00 (the amount you have to spend trying to get you car to pass before Colorado will consider issuing you a waiver). The two Fuelmax units cost me less than $100.00.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:43 PM

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/11/gadget.htm
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/gasave.htm
Old 04-25-2004, 03:28 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
was the weather warmer this time around for the emmissions test?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 PM
SVX Appeal

If it sounds too good to be true....

Superconductors, magnetic resonance, dipliing rods, and muffler bearings. Most often the simplest explanation is also the correct one.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:58 PM
swpyne

Actually it was a bit colder out this time around! Interesting reading gl1674. Like I said before, all I know is that this devise solved my HC problems and my car finally passed the CO emissions test. With "flying colors" I might add.

Old 04-25-2004, 09:56 PM
One teal and One yellow

Thumbs up congratulations! reduce 92.7%

spencer,
i'm really, really happy for you that you solved your emission problem. i was thinking of emailing you to check with you.

my initial approach to you was to help you solve HC emission problem and better gas mileage. haha. i knew you just worried about your emission problem.

it's so cool like 92.7% reduce!! believe it or not, i have my "92"SVX
two years 8 mths. i installed that right after i bought my SVX. i knew that's a good stuff. two years ago, my HC emission reading is 0.0! i know my engine is still as good and as healthy as before. also, that's one time, straight and smooth driving (about 75mph, AC on, 4 pple in my SVX), i got as good as 28mpg on my SVX. was so happy - that's my main concern haha. well, very few pple may get 27-28mpg without putting the fuelmaxs, but, conditions may vary.

anyway, thanks for posting here before i found out. obviously, lot of pple are still doubtful. one of things is; if you install that on the wrong spot, it won't really help. maybe that's why some pple didn't get a good experience??

i know it works for me and it works for 3 of my cars. i'm getting a new motorcycle (scooter) soon it's only 150cc can get as least 85mpg - but, i plan to put one small unit fuelmax in because i love my engine.

take care,

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-25-2004, 10:17 PM
One teal and One yellow

Question what are you worried about?

why are you (some people) worried about? i have money back gurantee - if it doesn't work out, ship me back - i will refund to you. no harm trying right? i'm not pushing any of you to believe, i just know this thing help, 1) improve my gas mileage, 2) improve a little horse power, 3) amazingly reduce harmful emission.

well, my english may not be strong enough to debate with some of you. but, i don't care what you think. if you believe it, you can try for it. i also don't have that kind of energy to find and prove to you....or whatever... haha.

for my personal experiences, it works for me great. i'm so happy that it works for spencer "swpyne" and solved his problem. i recommended to some of my friends who do lot of drivngs a day to help them save some gas money. i got good feedback from them. i even got some feedback for my local USPS!! the manager couldn't believe that i manually proved to him that his brandnew CR-V's emission was dirtier than my old 94 altima(sold). haha. he personally purchased one for me and got good feedback. and, they ordered some from me and got very good result on saving gas. think about it, their trucks are carrying about the same weights daily, same roads, same drivers, ......they tracked the mpg before and after installing the fuelmax. some of the trucks got really good result up to 40% gas mileage improved. conditions may vary.

well, need to go. if you're interested at trying, you may contact me at gbw5@yahoo.com

PS: spencer, would you mind posting here or sending me a better copy of your emission report cards for the before and after. the two you sent are too small - can't really see.

Old 04-26-2004, 12:35 AM

SSVX, welcome to my blacklist.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:11 AM
One teal and One yellow

gl1674,
why blacklist? for what reason? did i offend you or anything? if it's yes, say it out....maybe you didn't get what i meant. but black is black ... is okay for me....no matter how black...

Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by swpyne
I know the whole thing sounds suspect and I was not prepared for it to really work. I don't profess to understand all of the physics involved but I do know that it "somehow" solved my HC emission problem.
No offense, but without understanding how a thing works (or is supposed to work), you can't claim that it actually does do what it's supposed to.

I haven't read through the background material, but just the claim of a 'room-temperature superconductor' is enough to make me discount the claims right there.

What I'm saying is that something else may very well have changed. Since you don't understand what you installed in your car, your experiment was not controlled very well.

I'm glad your emissions problem was solved, but clearly more investigation is required.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-18-2007, 01:35 PM

The best thing these devices can accomplish is to improve your fuel/air mix, the rest of their claims are outrageous and impossible. Still, if it gets you past the emissions test, $20 is not a lot of cash outlay. Even if it wasn't the device, $20 is no big deal.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Graphic Artist

20 bucks being thrown at your car is no big deal.

Making a crook and a liar 20 bucks richer is a BIG deal. Using terms the public doesn't quite grock in order to charge them money is thievery, if the guy was here, I'd punch him in the nose.

Neodymium magnets are incredibly expensive and rare... these are common speaker magnets with a label on them that some idoits are stupid/desparate enough in to pay for. A magnet, a label and a zip tie.

Just like the tornado (a leaf catcher for gutters they want you to put in your intake), and zmax (%100 mineral oil), its a fraud, and if you aren't smart enough to see it when you first look at the web page, then you deserve to lose more than 20 bucks.

Not mad at anyone here, except for the people promoting such flagrant deception and thievery by not doing any research.

Patrick

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I kill more trannies then god

oh my god you two, this thread is almost 4 years old.
lol
also yeah glad it helped, but that device is bull****
Old 12-19-2007, 04:36 AM
One teal and One yellow

oh my god you are so smart and can punch anyone you want? ```

lol

that guy still has his SVX and passed his emission with good results and done nothing in 2006. he doesn't have to do it again till 08

i have had contacts with him