Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-29-2007, 02:49 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Notes for people who want to change some bulbs:

The spot/room/door/spot cluster only needs 2 bulbs. Not 4. They are of the variety I mentioned above.

Don't lose the screws you take out to get at the bulbs on the sunroof cluster thing. There will be 6 in total - 2 big and 4 small.

My power mirror cluster thing was very very difficult to get out. Don't be afraid to put some muscle into it as long as you're sure you're prying on the right part. I figure that a few nicks in places I can't see aren't that big of a deal.

Don't forget a pair of scissors to cut the long wires on the bulbs.

That's all I can think of for right now. I'll upload a few pics from my R&R last night...
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
I did the bulb under the shifter today - I didn't need to take apart the shifter assembly itself, but I did need to disassemble the console a little bit.

The instructions on svx-iw helped out quite nicely.
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
As I recall, it's 272-1092. That may not be the exact part number, but it's extremely close. It's a 12v bulb with long wires. It looks just like the original but with really long wires. They come in packs of 2 and cost about $1.50 per pack.

::EDIT:: Confirmed. They don't come with the little green cover though. You'll have to try to salvage the ones from your old bulbs. Sometimes they get stuck on though (one of mine did so now I have a white backlit heated mirrors button )

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2103780&cp
Maybe you can just crack/break the old bulb to get the green plastic off? Also maybe soaking in some cleaner or lubricant then letting it creep in between the bulb and plastic cover might encourage it to slip off.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 09-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Maybe you can just crack/break the old bulb to get the green plastic off? Also maybe soaking in some cleaner or lubricant then letting it creep in between the bulb and plastic cover might encourage it to slip off.
It was melted on it seemed like. The green part came off in pieces...
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
It was melted on it seemed like. The green part came off in pieces...
eep Maybe nextse7en has spare one from the Burgandy SVX he's parting out.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 10-01-2007, 04:19 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Since we are on the topic of switch illumination, here is my post on what is, and is not supposed to light up.

Here is what SHOULD have illumination when your lights are on.

Besides the general illumination of the instrument panel, gear selector and climate controls, here is a list of the switches/ buttons that should be illuminated:

Overhead switches
The wording in the row of four buttons that say SPOT DOOR ROOM SPOT should illuminate green.
The sunroof open and close switches (arrows) are not illuminated.

Dash buttons
The words on the CRUISE and SECURITY buttons and the FOGLIGHT symbol, on the left side of the steering column should illuminate green. They also have amber LED's to show when they are on.

The symbol on the REAR DEFROST button on the right side of the steering column, should illuminate green. An amber LED confirms when it is on
The red triangle on the HAZARD button should illuminate red. It does not flash when operating

Lower dash (left side)
The symbols in the HEATED OUTSIDE MIRROR switch and the PARKING LIGHT button next to it, should illuminate green. The heated mirror switch has an amber LED to show that it is on. The parking light switch has no amber LED indicator on the 1992 cars. (On my 96, there is an amber LED in this switch to show when it is on, the 92 does not have this LED)

The MIRROR control button has no illumination for the word "MIRROR" or the L/R switch. However the four directional arrows that are on the round black disk should illuminate green.

The only button left is the small green LED in the AUTO button in the driver's side window power switch cluster. The word AUTO, like on the mirror switch does not illuminate. No other window buttons have illumination.
Wow! looking at all the switches that are supposed to light up, NONE of mine do unless I turn them on. Do you think it has something to do with my previous thread> http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40854 < about my parking light switch? I have not gotten around to looking into that problem yet.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Quote:
I did the bulb under the shifter today - I didn't need to take apart the shifter assembly itself, but I did need to disassemble the console a little bit.

The instructions on svx-iw helped out quite nicely.
I think my bulb is out too. My shifter doesn't light up either. What "instructions on svx-iw" are you talking about?

Never mind. I figured out what you were talking about. I did not know that was a web site. I found it.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander

Last edited by CorSVXette; 10-27-2007 at 11:20 AM.