SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
E85

As I look at the Stage 2, i see that you can go 2v7F for flex fuel, and gain the ability to run E85, with the size up 370cc injectors. What else, if anything, does one need to do to run E85. I heard that it was potentially damaging to some components of the engine, but nothing conclusive. Searched and searched, but all the information is scattered, so I was hoping to get a solid what you need from someone more experienced in the subject.

With E85 and 370cc injectors, should one also consider upgrading the fuel pump to something like a 255lph pump?

It makes less power per gallon vs gas, yet it increase power output of engine by 5%? How does that work?

Do you need to run the tank dry before pumping E85 into it? Or do you need to scrub it entirely? I wouldn't think that mixing fuels would be good, but I don't know.

I keep hearing the term "corrosive" when reading things online. What sort of components are susceptible to this corrosion?

When going with the E85 with 2v7F, you are already going to the 370cc injectors, z32 MAF for the 2v7 bit, is there anything else necessary to safely run E85?

Last but not least:
Is it really worth it?

Thanks much for the information, I'm not looking out for the environment specifically or trying to put the "hurt" on oil companies, I'm just curious about new technologies, what they can do, benefits, etc.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 PM

I am not sure what all you need to run the e85, but I don't think it would be worth it because even with the new cars with flex fuel capabilities, they are having trouble getting one to last for as much as the regular petrol powered ones.

'92 LS-L, exhaust, intake, audio, ecu 1V4?, hyper ground kit.
Next changes ... PAINT, fix engine problems, 4.44. (GONE)

'97 Impreza Outback Sport, magnaflow muffler, cold air intake, Alpine Type S, MP3/iPod deck, NGK wires, etc.(GONE)