Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
URGENT: Duty Solenoid A Resistor

I need this part ASAP. No one in town carries a ceramic 25W 15ohm resistor. I'm fine with just taking an aftermarket resistor and wiring it in as per the How-To Docs, unless someone is offering the whole kit 'n kaboodle for cheap. I'm not into paying $60 for a part that costs $2, you know? But the fact is, I have no local options and no connections outside for a part like this. Anybody either have one laying around or can get one and ship it to me fast? I'd love to have it by the weekend, or Monday the 16th.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Tranny Resistor

I have an extra, just paypal me for shipping. What is your address? and how fast do you need it.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
I need this part ASAP. No one in town carries a ceramic 25W 15ohm resistor. I'm fine with just taking an aftermarket resistor and wiring it in as per the How-To Docs, unless someone is offering the whole kit 'n kaboodle for cheap. I'm not into paying $60 for a part that costs $2, you know? But the fact is, I have no local options and no connections outside for a part like this. Anybody either have one laying around or can get one and ship it to me fast? I'd love to have it by the weekend, or Monday the 16th.

Thanks!!!
The specified resistance in fact provides for a tolerance of between 9 and 15 ohms, 12 ohms being desirable but not an exact requirement.

You can make up the required resistor using two or several resistors of lesser wattage connected in parallel or series. If your electronics shop is worth a candle, they will be able to advise you.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 04-12-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I have an extra, just paypal me for shipping. What is your address? and how fast do you need it.
PM sent. Thanks.

Trevor: I wanted to avoid exceeding the OEM bracket is all. It'd be a lot easier for me to just have one resistor instead of two (though I only knew about that because of the forum, not any shop).
Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Retired

Never mind, I'm a total n00b. The part is on its way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: