Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-24-2006, 02:08 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Well, a friend of mine got clocked doing 96 in a 65 yesterday and the cop only wrote him up for doing 75 in a 65. What does that tell you about kids?

I'm torn about this one because there are always outliers. I'm not an a-hole teenage driver (no tickets or accidents for me after over three years of driving), but I know plenty of my peers who shouldn't have licenses. At the same time, I know a lot of "elderly" people who shouldn't have licenses either, but I know family members who were 80 and still worked full time jobs and were perfectly capable of driving (and still are..some of them at least!).

You can't just blanket statement "70+ and you need tested yearly" or "under 17 and you can only have one person in the car with you." It's drastically unfair. I know people my age get stereotyped all the time for being bad drivers. I'd wager that some of my friends are as good as some road course drivers.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Its a Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
this is the reason why I'm seriously considering having my son's first car be a minivan...
-Bill
that was my dads theory to but take it from a 19 year old....it wouldnt be a smart idea to give a powerful rwd car to a kid as a first car because of the control factors....but if they are irresponsible they will be in any car. And a minivan might actually be worse because of how poorly the handle and brake....i had a dodge intrepid as my first car and hated it and beat the $hit out of it and was a jackass because of it. But i saved up for the svx and drive slower than i ever have because I love her to death lol.
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: