Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-29-2006, 09:32 AM

Starter Wiring

I just replaced my transmission and can't remember the exact wiring hook up to the starter. Can someone post an electrical schematic of the electrical hookup of the starter? I am asking because after I started the car, (I had to boost the battery with a charger), the battery would not charge and after I shut the engine off, nothing would power up when the ignition was turned back on. With a second battery hooked up with jumper cables, the ignition would light everything up, but the engine would barely turn over. It seems like I have a power circuit grounded somewhere. Many years ago, I had a similar problem with my corvette and it ended up being a wire I had grounded that should not have been.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 AM
SlonSVX5mt

Talking i think i know.

Did you connect the ground wire ??? you have to use the bolt for the tranns slide it throught the whole on the wire then screw it in .
Old 01-29-2006, 10:46 AM

Thanks for your reply. I did connect the main ground wire, but I believe there is a bracket that I connected with the transmission mounting bolt, and then bolted the grounding wire to the bracket. This is the area I am fuzzy on. I would like to see the schematics showing the grounds and where they are attached. There is another going from the firewall to the tranny that is a plug-type connection. Any schematics or pictures would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 PM

Found It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by q2driver
I just replaced my transmission and can't remember the exact wiring hook up to the starter. Can someone post an electrical schematic of the electrical hookup of the starter? I am asking because after I started the car, (I had to boost the battery with a charger), the battery would not charge and after I shut the engine off, nothing would power up when the ignition was turned back on. With a second battery hooked up with jumper cables, the ignition would light everything up, but the engine would barely turn over. It seems like I have a power circuit grounded somewhere. Many years ago, I had a similar problem with my corvette and it ended up being a wire I had grounded that should not have been.
Problem Solved. I found some wiring schematics and verified all the hook ups. Thanks for everyone's help...
DB