Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Hater

why are people getting whistles WELDED into their exhaust system? back when i was in school, we'd buy those whistles that you could just stick in your pal's exhaust pipe, then laugh when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with their car. why would these morons pay to get them permanently attached at a muffler shop??? the ones we bought at the joke store stayed in place pretty good, no welding required. as if pounding bass in cars wasn't annoying enough, now they have the high frequencies covered, too. <sigh>

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-10-2003, 06:36 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
I'd put one on my car if it made a quieter jetsons car sound
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 02-10-2003, 07:08 PM
svxtremist2001

Gives a new meening to the term "corporate whistle blower"!!!

Yo bet yo ass!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 06:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
why are people getting whistles WELDED into their exhaust system? back when i was in school, we'd buy those whistles that you could just stick in your pal's exhaust pipe, then laugh when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with their car. why would these morons pay to get them permanently attached at a muffler shop??? the ones we bought at the joke store stayed in place pretty good, no welding required. as if pounding bass in cars wasn't annoying enough, now they have the high frequencies covered, too. <sigh>
I think you hit it right on the head, Alan. The out of proportion bass in their vehicles has their bodies malnourished and starving for pure, crude treble in any form it can get. The reason they weld it is obvious. If decoration is not bolted or welded on it's gonna grow legs and walk. I could probably market slip-on whistles with better acoustics but they would consantly be getting stolen.

Did anyone else notice that Bubb's F-body (I think that is the GM code for Camaro/Firebird) did not whistle as he drove away from the muffler shop? Maybe he just thought he could not hear it over the bass of ihs stereo.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:55 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny

Did anyone else notice that Bubb's F-body (I think that is the GM code for Camaro/Firebird) did not whistle as he drove away from the muffler shop? Maybe he just thought he could not hear it over the bass of ihs stereo.
I'll need to look again. I thought it was a Supra. <Needs prescription changed>
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-11-2003, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'll need to look again. I thought it was a Supra. <Needs prescription changed>
Now that you mention it, Randy, I think it was a Supra. Either way I heard no whistle.

Old 02-11-2003, 08:49 AM

I just watched it again and it is definitely a Supra (still heard nothing from it except the tires). Maybe Bubb should demand a refund from Cabrerra.

One good thing about "the whistle tip"...according to the anchor babe it makes "the car screachingly loud for nearly a mile". What happens then? Does it melt from the heat of the exaust? Does it dry up and clog from exaust crackers? Maybe it should come with some Chapstick? So many questions.

Old 02-11-2003, 09:10 AM
alacrity024

i think they meant that you could hear the thing screaming from up to a mile away.

i just thought of an even BETTER exhaust pipe "trick"

you take a 20-gauge shotgun shell loaded with birdshot and throw it down someone's pipe so it just sits in the muffler. Now THAT'LL get you noticed!

-adam
Old 02-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
i think they meant that you could hear the thing screaming from up to a mile away.

i just thought of an even BETTER exhaust pipe "trick"

you take a 20-gauge shotgun shell loaded with birdshot and throw it down someone's pipe so it just sits in the muffler. Now THAT'LL get you noticed!

-adam
Or if Randy would give up his potato, you could stick THAT in the tailpipe, and solve several problems.

< remember, Aredub- when you get the potato back, it goes in the front >
2001 Outback Sport
Old 02-11-2003, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

-adam
Aww come on...I know that silly. I'ze just being sarcastic

Old 02-11-2003, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

Or if Randy would give up his potato, you could stick THAT in the tailpipe, and solve several problems.

< remember, Aredub- when you get the potato back, it goes in the front >
Speaking of potatoes (or potatos...naww, that just doesn't look right), did anyone hear about the guy that lost his "member" and the doctors grafted onto him an elephant's trunk in it's place?

Old 02-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Speaking of potatoes (or potatos...naww, that just doesn't look right), did anyone hear about the guy that lost his "member" and the doctors grafted onto him an elephant's trunk in it's place?
"I don't think my a$$ can take another hard roll."

No, but I did see, on Ripley's Believe it or Not, where a guy had his "member" replaced by his THUMB! My goodness. I'd hate to get picked up for indecent exposure for hitchhiking.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-11-2003, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

"I don't think my a$$ can take another hard roll."

No, but I did see, on Ripley's Believe it or Not, where a guy had his "member" replaced by his THUMB! My goodness. I'd hate to get picked up for indecent exposure for hitchhiking.
Actually, if it was the Russian guy I am thinking of, it was his middle finger that they relocated. But the thumb idea does give credit to the term "thumbd**k". Come to think of it, the finger idea gives new meaning to shooting the finger or "FU!".

Old 02-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
There's gotta be a punchline waiting somewhere in the wings . . .
2001 Outback Sport
Old 02-12-2003, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

There's gotta be a punchline waiting somewhere in the wings . . .
Come on, Dick! I'm amazed you haven't heard this one. Randy knows the one version and I was thinking of another but what the heck, here you go...remember, you asked for it...

Randy's version (or close enough)
=================
This guy loses his member in a tragic accident (could it be anything but tragic?) and the doctors are unable to reattach it. His doctor has a new procedure he's developing and offers to graft an elephants trunk to him as a replacement for his lost manhood. He takes the doctor up on his idea and the operation is very successful except that the trunk seems to have a mind of it's own.

He goes to a dinner party one evening and as he is dining the trunk slips out of his pants and quickly snatches a hard roll from his plate and disappears unseen beneath the table. The guy replaces the hard roll and before he is able to butter the roll the elephant trunk again steals out and snatches the hard roll before he is able to take a bite. This happens a few more times through out the meal.

After the dinner roll basket at his end of the table has emptied he finishes his meal and politely pushes his plate away. His host, noticing how much his guest seemed to enjoy the dinner rolls, offered to pass the basket from the other end of the table if he still had room for more.

"No thank you", the guy says, "I don't think my a$$ could take another hard roll"
==================

The version I had in mind
==================
This guy loses his member in a tragic accident (could it be anything but tragic?) and the doctors are unable to reattach it. His doctor has a new procedure he's developing and offers to graft an elephants trunk to him as a replacement for his lost manhood. He takes the doctor up on his idea and the operation is very successful except that the trunk seems to have a mind of it's own.

One night, being a single man and feeling up to unleashing his new prowess on the local females, he heads down to his corner bar, orders a cold beer and parks himself at the bar.

He chats with the bartender, picking from the dish of peanuts while he sips his beer. Occassionally the trunk would slip out and snag a peanut only to disappear for a short bit. A 5-beer-attractive barfly sitting a couple stools down spots this intriguing occurance and sidles on up to him. As he explains his unique situation to her, the wonder shaft reaches out and plucks another peanut from the dish and disappears under the bar again. At this point she is very curious and a little excited at the possibilities. Wondering what is happening to the peanuts, she asks him if they are going where she thinks they are going and if hurts.

"Nah", he says, "peanuts aren't that bad...you get used to it. I learned to avoid the produce isle at the market. The larger items like potatoes can really hurt."

ba-dum-dum <rim shot>