Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: 2013 Calendar Pictures

Oh...but I diverged on a tangent. I actually posted to say that I DO want a calendar. Can you please remind me how to get one? Thank you
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
Oh...but I diverged on a tangent. I actually posted to say that I DO want a calendar. Can you please remind me how to get one? Thank you
The new ones aren't ready yet, but there is a link in my signature to my Cafe Press Site, that I do them thru.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

Thanks, I'll check it out now
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX

No fighting. ^_^ Took some more pictures yesterday. They'd be good for October. :] Sorry to flood this thread with my car. :P

Bigger versions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brothadavid/sets/

STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
Your logic baffles me...you are sorry to be an asshole, but you don't care if you upset anyone. Isn't the latter the pre-condition of the former? However, if you truly are sorry, then that would nullify the latter.

I think those are mutually exclusive conditions and cannot be used together....and I think I just gave myself a headache

Okay, I'm not sorry. I just feel like it needed to be said. I guess I seem pompous because since I have so many professional tools at my disposal, that everyone else should be on par. My apologies to those whom have been offended. There is one thing however..Conn, whether your pictures be raw, or JPG..those pictures look as if they came out of your phone or a 30 year old digital camera.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Registered SVX

They were also taken during a rain storm. I thought it would give it a different look. I also have a lot of equipment. Just can't see how a great picture being reproduced for a calendar using an off set printing press at just slightly better than newspaper quality. It would be nice if we could get professional quality pictures on a calendar but not going to happen. They would be $60.00 each. Take a picture and show us.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Take a picture and show you? Show you what? I've posted mine already. want more?

graffiti by ©huckls, on Flickr

Rainstorm is a good idea, just don't be IN the rain doing it, like this.

MiniMiniMini by ©huckls, on Flickr

Please don't get upset or anything, I'm just trying to improve the quality of photos that you guys take!

Last edited by Chuckls; 10-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I'm sorry to be an asshole, and I really don't care if I upset anyone...I will not be purchasing a calender if some of these pictures are used. I don't want to stare at blurry, noisy, very pixelated photos for an entire year. So far, I've seen three people post up anything decent.

It's not that hard to go out to a local college and find some kiddo with a dSLR to practice taking some photos of your car.
I seriously would be surprised if anyone on earth cares whether you "buy a calender" or not.

Keith
Old 10-13-2012, 03:18 AM

Registered SVX

A $2,000 camera does not a photographer make. I have $3.000 worth of wood working tools and I can't make a decent cabinet. My uncle on the other hand re did his kitchen with a hand saw hammer and block plane. Proof they made a hit movie using a store bought $300 video camera.
Well then a $400 camera sure would then...

Last edited by Conn SVX; 10-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
A $2,000 camera does not a photographer make. I have $3.000 worth of wood working tools and I can't make a decent cabinet. My uncle on the other hand re did his kitchen with a hands saw hammer and block plane. Proof they made a hit movie using a store bought video camera.
A) My camera is not $2000. Twas only $400.
B) The only "Tools" I use are Camera Raw / Photoshop(And I rarely use it
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I think we need to get over ourselves, this is almost equivalent to a family album calendar that Kinkos makes and we are the family so to speak. If the shots aren't that great Huck won't use them. He has a good eye and always uses high res version. As for the idea of "family" pictures wouldn't it be great if there were a collage of Reading meet pictures or one of the Western meet pictures on one of the pages? As for me I suck at Photography so I don't even bother submitting for the Calendar.

Chuckls, Nobody is going to run to their local College and try to recruit some kid with a camera to take photos of their car... that's just creepy.

B 4 You, I'm loving those fall color pictures.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX

Alright, I'm going to side with chuckls on this. There are definitely quite a few low resolution pictures being submitted here. Instead of fighting, everyone should just take it as positive feedback and go try to retake a couple pictures. You guys should random car pictures, and try to duplicate the angles they're at. Obviously, unless we all have thousands of dollars worth of equipment, we're not going to get professional pictures out of us. But I think another trip down to a scenic spot wouldn't hurt. Try taking tons of pictures. Take one at every angle, then choose about 4 or 5 to keep. The last shoot I just did yielded over 500 pictures, but I only kept 13. And other people that have mad photoshop skills (chuckls has already saved a couple of mine) could help edit them and make them look even better. If there isn't a tripod around, bring some boxes and rest the camera on it! Even crappy cameras will take a half-decent picture if used with a tripod and some basic editing. See if family members have a better camera. Even an iPhone will take great photos now. Go try again, and pick out a few of your favorites that you took, and edit or let someone edit them a little bit.
STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Chuckls that pic of your car in the rain is great. Background worthy. Can you send me a bigger one?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 4 You View Post
Alright, I'm going to side with chuckls on this. There are definitely quite a few low resolution pictures being submitted here. Instead of fighting, everyone should just take it as positive feedback and go try to retake a couple pictures. You guys should random car pictures, and try to duplicate the angles they're at. Obviously, unless we all have thousands of dollars worth of equipment, we're not going to get professional pictures out of us. But I think another trip down to a scenic spot wouldn't hurt. Try taking tons of pictures. Take one at every angle, then choose about 4 or 5 to keep. The last shoot I just did yielded over 500 pictures, but I only kept 13. And other people that have mad photoshop skills (chuckls has already saved a couple of mine) could help edit them and make them look even better. If there isn't a tripod around, bring some boxes and rest the camera on it! Even crappy cameras will take a half-decent picture if used with a tripod and some basic editing. See if family members have a better camera. Even an iPhone will take great photos now. Go try again, and pick out a few of your favorites that you took, and edit or let someone edit them a little bit.

This is a nicer way of saying exactly what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Chuckls that pic of your car in the rain is great. Background worthy. Can you send me a bigger one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckls...in/photostream

Right click image and click the size.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Aussie in enemy territory

Registered SVX

Here's a couple I took earlier this year for consideration. Please let me know if you want them for the print run and I'll arrange print quality versions for you. Sorry downloading has been disabled on my Flickr account due to theft.

[IMG]
Ewie-SSVVXX-SVXWN-2013-0952 by **Ewie**, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
Ewie-SSVVXX-SVXWN-2013-0955 by **Ewie**, on Flickr[/IMG]

It'd be nice to see some Down Under cars in the calendar.

Last edited by **Ewie**; 10-14-2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Updated download notification