SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 08-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Reading 4 HOTEL INFO

I have received a quote from the Holiday Inn Lancaster for the Reading 4 meet. They are located one exit away from the Morgantown Holiday Inn. The rate they are quoting us is $49.00/night plus 11% tax for a total of $54.39/night. (As a reference, our price was $78.00/night plus tax last year.)

At present we are asking for between 20-25 rooms. Once the contract is finalized, you can to call 1-800-437-5711 and ask for the subaru SVX rate.

Here is their reply to me this morning:

Quote:
Thank you for holding onto the information and letting me know your next meet. We would still be able to offer you the 49.00 plus 11% tax rate. As I said in last years note we have plenty of parking lot for you all to meet in.
For reference, the original message from last year explains how this all came to be.
Quote:
Hi,

My name is John Hutchison and I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Lancaster County, which sits at exit 21 of the PA turnpike. I heard of your meet from my owner's brother in law Mike is going to be at your meet. I would like to offer the use of our parking lot which has the space for 40 tractor trailers so I believe we would have plenty of room for your group and with direct access to route 222 you can be on your way to either Reading and Lancaster with ease.

Jeff the hotel owner, who also is a owner of a SVX but can't attend, would like for me to offer your group a special rate of 49.00 plus 11% tax for the 5th, 6th or 7th at our Holiday Inn. If you would pass this along I would appreciate it.

Your group just needs to call 1-800-437-5711 and ask for the subaru SVX rate. If you are looking for a place for breakfast on the 7th we do run a breakfast buffet every Sunday.

Any questions on the hotel please visit www.holiday-inn.com/hi-lancaster I will be out of touch after tomorrow morning but will be back Saturday night if there is anything I can do for you.

John
Let me know your preferences and any questions or feedback you have before I ask for a contract. In a change from last year, they now have a restaurant, open for breakfast and dinner only, AND a bar.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 08-30-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Hi All,

The Lancaster County Holiday Inn is located one exit west of the Morgantown PA exit on the PA Turnpike in Denver, PA.

There is a gas station across the street from it.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 09-02-2002, 09:47 PM

night need to stay else where

Hello All
hmm well EIther I"m late into this or just finding out.. So another SVX meet gets planned. After the Lafayette meet, I"m game for another. Just so long as it's not hotter then hell....

um I called the holiday Inn, and well, NO pets..

THis is a bummer... So if anyone comes by a place that DOES allow GOOD pets to stay... Lemme know..

This is important..

SVX1999

ps..... someone ask the owner of the Hotel, there's an idea... Larry can vouch my dog eats few people. Barks even less.. And only goes where I go...
Old 09-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Green1995SVX

There are a couple other hotels in the immediate area. We will look into their policies on pets. I'm sure we'll get something worked out.

-Mike
Old 09-02-2002, 10:25 PM

Other Hotels

Thanks Mike..
Where you at the Lafayette Meet this summer?
I might remember you... Between the long trip and slight dehydration it's possible

Thanks again for looking into other possiblities. oh.....
I was checking out the Subaru SVX .ORG site..
um where did this site come from out of the blue.???

or maybe I need a new set of contacts...

SVX1999( Ryan)

There may be a picture somewhere of me in the summer meet, I don't know..
Old 09-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Boone

Quote:
Originally posted by svx1999
...or maybe I need a new set of contacts...
Ryan, could be...
Old 09-02-2002, 11:49 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Other Hotels

Quote:
Thanks Mike..
Where you at the Lafayette Meet this summer?
I might remember you... Between the long trip and slight dehydration it's possible

Thanks again for looking into other possiblities. oh.....
I was checking out the Subaru SVX .ORG site..
um where did this site come from out of the blue.???

or maybe I need a new set of contacts...

SVX1999( Ryan)

There may be a picture somewhere of me in the summer meet, I don't know..
I was at the meet. I was the well dressed kid with the green one.

As far as the org site, I launched that at the end of Feb 02. It was designed to be a companion to this site. I would make a trip to the eye doctor soon, maybe you need to change your prescription!

-Mike
Old 09-03-2002, 11:02 AM

Re: Re: Other Hotels

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I was at the meet. I was the well dressed kid with the green one.

As far as the org site, I launched that at the end of Feb 02. It was designed to be a companion to this site. I would make a trip to the eye doctor soon, maybe you need to change your prescription!

-Mike
Well dressed kid with the Green one... Oh this doesn't help me much.. I remember Halston and many others. If you were out in the parking lot on those HOT humid nights I might remember you.

Well dressed doesn't help much everyone was nice, decently dressed and they all had really cool taste in cars..

guess U know who I am thanks again.. SHould have brought something for folks to sign.. U know the eye Dr sent me one of those remindes.... blah blah it's been years blha blah, I"ll get around to it sooner or later.

SVX1999
Old 09-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Other Hotels

Quote:

Well dressed kid with the Green one... Oh this doesn't help me much.. I remember Halston and many others. If you were out in the parking lot on those HOT humid nights I might remember you.

Well dressed doesn't help much everyone was nice, decently dressed and they all had really cool taste in cars..

guess U know who I am thanks again.. SHould have brought something for folks to sign.. U know the eye Dr sent me one of those remindes.... blah blah it's been years blha blah, I"ll get around to it sooner or later.

SVX1999
I didnt remember who you were at first but now i do. I just put 2 and 2 together with the dog thing.

-Mike
Old 09-05-2002, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
READING HOTEL INFO 2

I just got off the phone with Helen, the Group sales Manager for the *ORIGINAL* Morgantown holiday Inn (Home of the last 3 Reading meets)

I told her of the offer I received from the other Holiday Inn in Denver, PA. I wanted to see if we could get some sort of reduction from the $78.00 rate we had last year (Sort of a frequent flyer thing)

She can offer us the rooms for 63.00/night plus tax ($15.00 less than last year)

I need some feedback please. Although the other Holiday Inn is $14.00/night cheaper, it is an unknown as far as rooms, restaurant, service, etc. Attendees to Readings past know the Morgantown Holiday Inn. There is something to be said for familiarity and, more importantly, tradition.

The other Holiday Inn seems to have their parking lots at different elevations, due to the slope of their location.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 09-05-2002, 09:24 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Unhappy

I fear change...

I like the novelty of staying at the same place, but the other hotel actually has an SVX fanatic there. That's gotta give extra points.

Decisions, decisions.

I guess I'll flip a coin and vote for going with with the new place.

Is someone close enough to check out both places and tell us which is cleaner, more friendly, and has the best stocked bar?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 09-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Green1995SVX

The "new" location is not so unknown as Joe (NuVission) has been there to check out the facilities, and knows the area well. (He lives about 200 yards from the hotel.) There is a large truck parking lot that is more than adiquate for our group. If you have any other concerns regarding this location, Im sure joe can go down there with a digital camera and document the facilities for us.

There is also many more resuraunts and other hotels surrounding the new location.

Mike
Old 09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
NuVission

Exclamation

Here is some of the hotel information concerning the people who have pets. There are 2 other hotels that are just across the street. The Black Horse Lodge & Suites (Motel) allows pets and is a nice motel. Comfort Inn also allows pets. I still have to check on the host hotel but i don't believe that they allow pets at the Holiday Inn but i will get back to everyone on that one. If people are interested..I would be more the happy to take pictures of all of the hotels and post them, i realize some people are more visually inclined like myself.

Last edited by NuVission; 09-23-2002 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Green1995SVX

The host hotel (holiday inn) does not allow pets. Thanks so much for being our eyes and ears in dever, Joe!

Mike
Old 09-24-2002, 04:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Mike,

Randy (Aredub) has a pet in his SVX. It goes to all the meets. He needs a motel that is zebra friendly.
He also has a pair of fuzzy dice but they can stay in his car overnight.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: