Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-26-2002, 03:10 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Officer, I didn't know I'm uninsured

Well guys, (and girls), The unthinkable happened to me today. I was bringing my girlfriend home so she could get ready for work. As I approaced the intesection, an oncoming car decided last minute to put on his blinker and turn. As I ***** for a second that he didn't use it until the corner, I hit the gas to take a laft and cross over the oncoming lane thinking that it was all clear because I couldn't see anyone. As both of us turned our own ways, I suddenly found myself in shock as the car hat was tailgating him came out and flying straight into me. She looked like se just hit a brick wall while mine just popped the airbag and stayed there. As the cops began to asses the damage. One of them walks over to me and stats this question "do you know that your insurance is cancelled" As my heart hit my feet, the officer proceeded to call for backup and wrecker. The woman I hit sad that she would not pull me into a courtroom if I paid for the damage. As the car was carried home on the back of some fat ugly, meat loaf smelling driver's truck, I thought to myslef " where the hell am I going to get an airbag" guys, I'm desperate. PLEASE PLEASE help me. I can't stand the look of my steering wheel sitting there with the ugly pink bag hanging out.
Sadly and almost crying, Mike
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:32 PM
alacrity024

woah mike

i'm sorry..

-adam
Old 05-27-2002, 12:15 AM
punisher

Atleast the car is solid. What I dont get is that 1. You caused an accident and 2. You were uninsured....yet the biggest concern you've voiced is your airbag?!
Old 05-27-2002, 07:50 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Officer, I didn't know I'm uninsured

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
Well guys, (and girls), The unthinkable happened to me today. I was bringing my girlfriend home so she could get ready for work. As I approaced the intesection, an oncoming car decided last minute to put on his blinker and turn. As I ***** for a second that he didn't use it until the corner, I hit the gas to take a laft and cross over the oncoming lane thinking that it was all clear because I couldn't see anyone. As both of us turned our own ways, I suddenly found myself in shock as the car hat was tailgating him came out and flying straight into me. She looked like se just hit a brick wall while mine just popped the airbag and stayed there. As the cops began to asses the damage. One of them walks over to me and stats this question "do you know that your insurance is cancelled" As my heart hit my feet, the officer proceeded to call for backup and wrecker. The woman I hit sad that she would not pull me into a courtroom if I paid for the damage. As the car was carried home on the back of some fat ugly, meat loaf smelling driver's truck, I thought to myslef " where the hell am I going to get an airbag" guys, I'm desperate. PLEASE PLEASE help me. I can't stand the look of my steering wheel sitting there with the ugly pink bag hanging out.
How did your insurance get cancelled without your agent notifying you that you were being cancelled?
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 05-27-2002, 11:25 AM
I hate stupid people!

Well the reason I want my airbag is because the car can't even be put back on the road without it, and secondly, the insurance company must have never reinstated it when I put it back on the road last month. I was told that they didn't recieve my payment, which I sent, and for this they were going to cancel it. When I got back from my 1 week vacation, there was a letter saying that I was cancelled on my table. I went and reinstated it before the registrtion got cancelled with it. They told me it was all set but it looks like it wasn't. They didn't even have me on since the cancellation. I already talked to them, but it looks like I will be going to another insurance company. They just said sorry for the problem and good luck. I don't have any proof of the payment and neither do they, so it looks like someone made off with my money somewhere. I've already been pulled over once and the papers didn't come up on the cops computer with my old car. They towed it and cited me anyway for being uninsured. At least that time the company paid for the tow and citation. I can't stand being bounced around. Please help me out guys, someone has to have one for cheap money.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Boone

Hey Mike,
Did you miss this post? Make sure it's the right part.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=3425

... also check http://www.used-auto-parts.net/

... and http://www.subaruworld.com/

... post to the wanted/for sale forum. Grey interior, right?

Dave

Last edited by Boone; 05-27-2002 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:19 PM
I hate stupid people!

No, I didn't miss that post. I was actually the first reply but he hasn't written back. I would love to be able to pay 250 for the sensor and bag, but I don't know the part number for the front sensor or bag itself on my 92 lsl w/grey leather int. I'm just going to have to wait and see if he jumps on I guess so I can talk to him.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Boone

Oops... see my edit above.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Boone

phew.. http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=343-A

..click on the part name for the number, I think you just need the assembly.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:07 PM
I hate stupid people!

I would think I'd need the sensor with it, Last time I heard, once the sensor is tripped it won't work again and the air bag light will always be on. Is this correct or can I get away with reusing it if it is not crushed? Oh, and thanks for the sites boone, I'll check em out right now
Old 05-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Boone

It looks like it's integral. Something might have to be reset. The job is usually left to professionals. Mebbe someone who knows will chime in....
Old 05-27-2002, 08:07 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Guys, I just have to say this: Have your cars insured. Regardless you hit them or someone else hit you, you are looking at a lot of money now adays. Unless it's a bumper bender (not a fender bender) in a parking lot. I nearly got mine cancled. I am the type of person that pays up all up front. I hate monthly payments. I never know where my money went. After switching cars (94=>92) the insurance went up by 40 bucks. I moved as well so they sent me a bill and missed it by about a week. They called and told me that I had to drop off a payment within 3 three days. Phew.... Now, I am insured till september. Keep those things insured guys. It's a good and much needed thing.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 05-27-2002, 11:25 PM
still in love with Hannah

Quote:
Well the reason I want my airbag is because the car can't even be put back on the road without it, and secondly, the insurance company must have never reinstated it when I put it back on the road last month. I was told that they didn't recieve my payment, which I sent, and for this they were going to cancel it. When I got back from my 1 week vacation, there was a letter saying that I was cancelled on my table. I went and reinstated it before the registrtion got cancelled with it. They told me it was all set but it looks like it wasn't. They didn't even have me on since the cancellation. I already talked to them, but it looks like I will be going to another insurance company. They just said sorry for the problem and good luck. I don't have any proof of the payment and neither do they, so it looks like someone made off with my money somewhere. I've already been pulled over once and the papers didn't come up on the cops computer with my old car. They towed it and cited me anyway for being uninsured. At least that time the company paid for the tow and citation. I can't stand being bounced around. Please help me out guys, someone has to have one for cheap money.
I had that happen to me with the title for my 95 GSX. Got pulled over and the trooper told me my car was a Camaro(which is what I had traded in for the GSX). Got off with a warning because he didn't want to do paperwork. The next day I yelled at the dealer and about 2 weeks later it was fixed.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 05-28-2002, 05:35 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Officer, I didn't know I'm uninsured

Quote:
" where the hell am I going to get an airbag" guys, I'm desperate. PLEASE PLEASE help me. I can't stand the look of my steering wheel sitting there with the ugly pink bag hanging out.
Hey Mike,
I got one for a 93 Legacy on e-bay for $45 the early Legacy and Impreza Bags are the same, if they're not the right color you can just die them the correct color.
PM me and I'll get you a phone number of a yard that has several Legacys and good prices.
Good Luck,
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-28-2002, 08:02 AM
Porter

Sounds like a great opportunity to get a WRX Momo wheel, airbag included!