Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Subaru Engineer Wanabe

How many circular clips for differential?

Putting my rear diff back on and wanted to ask you guys how many circular clips (CIRCLIPS) are on the axle rods that connect to the differential. It is #14 on the diagram. I thought I only needed one on the driver side (left) but I need to double check w/ you to see if I need one on both of the axle rods that connect to the rear diff.

'05 Subaru Impreza STi, '02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon, '01 Toyota Celica GT, '98 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Sedan, '96 Isuzu Rodeo, '95 Jeep Cherokee 2WD, '94 Plymouth Sundance, '94 Subaru SVX LSi, '93 Subaru Impreza, '92 Subaru SVX LS-L, 2003 Subaru Baja.

Last edited by seion; 08-28-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Locker Link Solution

1 on each...

Sometimes 1 will get stuck inside, I just center it so that I can fit the end of the axle stub in and just ram it in. Much easier than trying to fish it out. If both are out, you are all set. Pop em on and slide em in!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 08-28-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Subaru Engineer Wanabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
1 on each...

Sometimes 1 will get stuck inside, I just center it so that I can fit the end of the axle stub in and just ram it in. Much easier than trying to fish it out. If both are out, you are all set. Pop em on and slide em in!
Then I think the rear-right one got stuck inside the diff. I'll take a look today (and get gear oil all over) and see if it's there. Probably will order new ones anyway.
'05 Subaru Impreza STi, '02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon, '01 Toyota Celica GT, '98 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Sedan, '96 Isuzu Rodeo, '95 Jeep Cherokee 2WD, '94 Plymouth Sundance, '94 Subaru SVX LSi, '93 Subaru Impreza, '92 Subaru SVX LS-L, 2003 Subaru Baja.