Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Tim-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
didn't you know that WRX's are for t00ls?
Yes but SHARP Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-H
Yes but SHARP Tools
Amen.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Amen.

-Chike

Then Chike's out as his GT interest for weight savings actually would net him about 50lbs over a Baja. The WRX only about 250lbs. Not a whole lot of savings considering plus he'd look like a Mazda driver in the GTor worse yet, a Saab driver in the Impreza.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Then Chike's out as his GT interest for weight savings actually would net him about 50lbs over a Baja. The WRX only about 250lbs. Not a whole lot of savings considering plus he'd look like a Mazda driver in the GTor worse yet, a Saab driver in the Impreza.
The non-limited version of the LGT weighs just under 3,400lbs. Plus ground clearance is much less than the 8" that the Baja Turbo has. The standard WRX 5MT comes in at 3,192lbs - 250-300lbs makes a huge difference at the dragstrip and autox circuit.

I'm sorry Ben, but no Saab looks like a WRX sedan - the wagon is a different story though...

-Chike

Old 08-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Post From NASIOC...

...first pic of the 2006 Subaru WRC car:

-Chike

Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry Ben, but no Saab looks like a WRX sedan - the wagon is a different story though...

-Chike

You better get those eyes checked there boy! Where do you think they got the grill from? It wasn't the edsel.

As for the weight. It seems that it would be a much more practical vehicle for ya (and it wouldn't be outdated style-wise a year after you get it) As for the g.c. You can easily overcome that and the weight, an 05 Baja Turbo 5 speed is about 3440 provided you can still get one w/o all the bells and whistles.

Last edited by benebob; 08-14-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
You better get those eyes checked there boy! Where do you think they got the grill from? It wasn't the edsel.

As for the weight. It seems that it would be a much more practical vehicle for ya (and it wouldn't be outdated style-wise a year after you get it) As for the g.c. You can easily overcome that and the weight, an 05 Baja Turbo 5 speed is about 3440 provided you can still get one w/o all the bells and whistles.
While the Baja turbo would be more practical, my wife is getting a Mitsubishi Endeavor - so I can get anything I like as long as it has a back seat for the kids.

My wife asked me today about waiting a little longer and going all out for 33K '06 STI...however, I would rather not stretch things financially since we just bought our first house this year, and I think I would be extremely happy in either an '05/'06 2.5 LGT or '06 Impreza WRX.

I just find the styling of the new '06 Imprezas to be so clean and timeless. Kinda quirky...but hey, I did buy an SVX!

-Chike

Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Tim-H

Go with the LGT, its quite the sleeper. And its got the 2.5l in it too.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Go with the LGT, its quite the sleeper. And its got the 2.5l in it too.
The jury is still out...

A close friend of AmazonParrot owns a lightly modded '02 WRX and took me for a wild ride late one evening! Needless to say, those little WRXs are amazingly powerful, relatively light-weight and quite tossable in the turns!

If Subaru kept the styling of the '04-'05 WRXs into '06, I would have gone with a Legacy GT w/o thinking twice about it. However, the styling and improvements in the '06 Impreza line are quite significant.

I'll make a decision after test-driving both later this Fall...

-Chike

Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
While the Baja turbo would be more practical, my wife is getting a Mitsubishi Endeavor - so I can get anything I like as long as it has a back seat for the kids.

-Chike
DON'T GET A MITSU!!! They have 3 years left at most before they're totally done. They can't sell a car for the life of 'em with the newest line-up in the industry. Doesn't matter how good they may be. They'll make Hyundai Excels look like the Wrangler of Resale values. Very bad investment from a financial aspect.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Tim-H

Quote:
DON'T GET A MITSU!!! They have 3 years left at most before they're totally done. They can't sell a car for the life of 'em with the newest line-up in the industry. Doesn't matter how good they may be. They'll make Hyundai Excels look like the Wrangler of Resale values. Very bad investment from a financial aspect.
Well its really not a wonder. With designs like the new Eclipse(if you took the rear spoiler off you wouldn't be able to tell which is the front end). It's really smart of them. Keep pushing the "bubble" design when everyone else is going for distinct,sharp edges.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Well its really not a wonder. With designs like the new Eclipse(if you took the rear spoiler off you wouldn't be able to tell which is the front end). It's really smart of them. Keep pushing the "bubble" design when everyone else is going for distinct,sharp edges.
Of course they'll keep it, girls like it and it is their bread and butter car. It really isn't their designs but rather lack of market here (don't offer anything distinctive enough), a horrible record of corp. arrogence in Japan has their rep way down and sales way off, economic woes in the 90s caused borrowing for them, Chrysler ditched 'em and no one is interested in bailing them out even with a new line up. It'd be dif if it was Isuzu with a 10 year old line up but they're ship is a sinking. I was able to use it to my advantage though and make some money off their stock a year ago when it was down to the junk bond $1 range.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:36 AM

Quote:
It's her decision - not mine. We both have our parameters when selecting new cars (price range, back seat, etc) but the decision is entirely up to her. She bought her Lancer new in 7/02, and she's up to replace her car this winter. She wants an SUV - I've suggested the Tribeca, Honda Pilot and Nissan Murano - however, she's steadfast on the Endeavor.

As her husband who doesn't want to sleep on the couch and take cold showers for a month - she can get an Endeavor!

-Chike

Old 08-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Hater

Quote:
You can easily overcome that and the weight, an 05 Baja Turbo 5 speed is about 3440 provided you can still get one w/o all the bells and whistles.
teh LGT has bigger brakes, and better handling.

if you want Nav, Chike (i didn't, but maybe you do?), the LGT will have that available for '06. you can't, however, get a GT without the Limited package for '06. glad i got mine already - leather would be ok, but i didn't want power seats or a sunroof.....

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-15-2005, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
teh LGT has bigger brakes, and better handling.

:
And it will still be a dog on an autox just like its little brother is. The Baja on the other hand only has one thing to compete against in a truck class, the GMC cyclone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: