IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
What do they pay....as that's what I do.....about 17 years experience with AutoCAD, and been Drafting for 21 years...
Not sure what our last guy started out with, but he was somewhere around 38K.....but he had a 4 year engineering degree and was starting out as an engineer here. Although he didn't do a lick of engineering work......It was all drafting. I assume it'll be around 35K for draftsman.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Hater

try Verizon? i don't think they have anything in Washington, though - may have to move to Cali. they're hiring for the fiber-to-the-premises stuff all over.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
you could try hyundai. they opened up a new plant in alabama and i've heard that they are handing out H1's and greencard sponsorships like hotcakes. that's from a korean news source though, so i dunno if not being korean would have the same benefits.
Any idea on ballpark figures for pay ranges? I'm doing well right now, but would love to get into the auto industry if I didn't have to take a severe pay cut.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Huhhh, why no one is giving me Job. Doesn't I seem good for the recruiters for their position . Atleast someone has to provide me with a job inorder to either show my skills or to know my capabilities. Damn come on recruiters someone gimme job .

Now I am staying in SanRafael, CA.

Hi Landshark, yep i have applied for a couple of positions in Verizon in calif and waiting for their reply on them. Anyway thanks for providing me with tht info.

-Pavan.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Talking

you could always come back to ohio. how's cost of living out there?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
you could always come back to ohio. how's cost of living out there?
Hi,

thanks for your welcome back to our ohio. Offcourse you know the cost of living over here is obviously far more than our Ohio. But since my sister lives in seattle and her hubby lives in Sanrafael, I am moving between these places. Staying all these days at home with out any work, i am feeling vexed. As far I remember I have applied like almost 150 jobs till now right from the beginin of job serach, but i got hardly 20-35 calls that too everyone requiring experience . Where the hell a fresh graduate can get experince without someone ginving a job?? .

Hmm lets see who will gimme a job.....

-Pavan.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hi,

thanks for your welcome back to our ohio. Offcourse you know the cost of living over here is obviously far more than our Ohio. But since my sister lives in seattle and her hubby lives in Sanrafael, I am moving between these places. Staying all these days at home with out any work, i am feeling vexed. As far I remember I have applied like almost 150 jobs till now right from the beginin of job serach, but i got hardly 20-35 calls that too everyone requiring experience . Where the hell a fresh graduate can get experince without someone ginving a job?? .

Hmm lets see who will gimme a job.....

-Pavan.

that was my pet peeve when i was trying to get an automotive job. they all look down on me for not being sae certified or having shop experience and i could probally work circles around half the dumbasses they have working there. they'd hire some 18 y.o. girl to work behind the counter at advance auto parts and she hardly understands a oil filter, but they won't hire me and i tried to get a job there for years. guess they want eye candy, not know how. hang in there pavan, you'll find something.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
hang in there pavan, you'll find something.
yep!... doin the same thing now. But the thing which is more freaking me out is. my friend who doesnt even know all the basics of programming except Java and having an experience of programming in Java for 10 weeks tht too for a course, got placed in Microsoft through a Recruiter from a consultancy.
But till now I have applied for atleast 6 positions at microsoft directly, but they never even contacted me or even sent any status e-mail. Offcourse he is a good friend of mine, so I am happy of him getting a job. So, I beleive that even Microsoft doesnt look for actual candidates, but rely upon the consultancy firms and hire whoever they forward to them. .

Damn recruiters, i am hating them now a days (Soory if anyone here work as recruiters )

-Pavan
Old 08-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
You might consider changing your resume around a bit. It has good content, but it is hard to read with everything jumbled together.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 08-28-2005, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXer95
You might consider changing your resume around a bit. It has good content, but it is hard to read with everything jumbled together.
Hi,
thanks for your suggestion, but i didnt understand exactly wht you are suggesting me to change. If you dont mind, can you please modify it and PM me or e-mail it to me at my id ptiruvee@cs.wright.edu and i really appreciate it. Here is the link for word document-

My Resume (*.doc)

-Pavan.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Update!!!

Hi all,

Now I am in some very critical situation with both good and bad news..

Good news:-

I am having pretty goooood chances of getting an interview in Microsoft (Redmond, WA campus) & Terarecon (SFO, CA) .

Bad news:-

For appearing any of the baove interviews I have to have my EAD card with me, but still I haven't received my OPT (EAD) card .
NOTE:- OPT (Optional Practical Training)

I have tried contacting my school, but they r telling that I have to contact USCIS directly by writing a letter. Writing a letter will take long time for process which I dont want to, but anyway I have written a letter and sent them through expressmail. Do anyone have experiences with this kind of situation ?

-Pavan.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Any idea on ballpark figures for pay ranges? I'm doing well right now, but would love to get into the auto industry if I didn't have to take a severe pay cut.
sorry bud, no clue. i got this info from a korean chick translating the information for me through a local korean publication that contained want ads. they offered positions and greencards to boot. i do know that many commercials brag about how advanced their new plant is, but my guess is that they'd hire these people, work their arse off, and give them low compensation in lieu of a greencard.

i don't know their policy, but that's what i gather from the translated want ads.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
With spelling like that, I wouldn't hire ya . Honestly maybe you should do what the majority need to do which is actually ACTIVELY LOOK FOR MONTHS! . Took me almost a year to find my first decent job out of college with duel majors and about 1/2 a masters to boot. Of course, I soon realized that working for someone sucks.
Quote:
oops!... sorry i corrected it, will u consider me now j/k

You might want to check it again, just to be sure, and take a little more time with the spelling when filing out any applications on top of the resume you submit. (see below)

Quote:
Offcourse you are right, but i am having only 1 year to find a job and get someone to sponsor H1 for me.
-Pavan.
It's Of course, not Offcourse......I realize english isn't your native language, but be aware that some employers will take these things into account, becuase if you are making mistakes on "simple"* applications, they wonder what mistakes you will make on the job (and when it comes to computer stuff a typo can can cause Major problems)

Best of luck to you Pavan,
And while I understand the time constraints you are under, don't let the lack of response discourage you, as it can "bleed thru" (if you follow my meaning)
during interviews,and your attitude during the interview process can be (and usually is) as important in landing a job as your aptitude!

* I say "simple" because to someone whose native language isn't what english, a job application may not really be simple due to cultural differences.

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 09-19-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
You might want to check it again, just to be sure, and take a little more time with the spelling when filing out any applications on top of the resume you submit. (see below)

It's Of course, not Offcourse......I realize english isn't your native language, but be aware that some employers will take these things into account, becuase if you are making mistakes on "simple"* applications, they wonder what mistakes you will make on the job (and when it comes to computer stuff a typo can can cause Major problems)

Best of luck to you Pavan,
And while I understand the time constraints you are under, don't let the lack of response discourage you, as it can "bleed thru" (if you follow my meaning)
during interviews, and your attitude during the interview process can be (and usually is) as important in landing a job as your aptitude!

* I say "simple" because to someone whose native language isn't what english, a job application may not really be simple due to cultural differences.
Thanks Rotorflyr for your suggestions, yep I am little bit uncomfortable in sentence formations and usage of words in English. Hope I will cope up with these drawbacks and find some good job. The only thing that is keeping me behind at this point is my EAD card. I am trying to track down what happened with it through US Homeland Security Department and get it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-Pavan.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Pavan,
Just let the companies that are asking for the card know that you are working on getting a copy sent to you, but as we all know the government doesn't do anything "fast".......
If they are really interested in hiring you, they will understand and give you sufficent (hopefully) time to get a copy, and may even be able to speed the process up by having the HR dept request one directly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: