How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-11-2001, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
beware of best buy

Okay I was at best buy(electronics place) looking for some speakers for my svx. So Iam nonchalantly looking at the cerwin vega speakers, and a young guy probably about 21 or so comes up to me and asks if I need help. And being that i have no idea aobut anything concerning car audio I ask him if these speakers would fit into my svx. As soon as I tell him that he gets all excited and tells me how cool svx's are. And I was like oh really? iam suprised u even heard of an svx. He says yeah the svx is the future looking car with the dalorean sytle doors. (I look at him like he has 5 heads, but say nothign). He goes into further detail claiming he raced one the other day. He was like man those cars are fast I heard the blow off valve and everything, (thinking to myself you were racing cdigerlando?). Did I mention Iam in new york. so after hearing the plethora of knowledge from this idiots mouth concerning the svx, I was like thanks anyway and left. Truly one of the funniest svx conversatinos I've had.
Also this is irrelevant to the topic, but I was told that the size of the spearkers for ther front of the svx are 6" components, now to my dismay I have found no speakers that are 6". Iam looking into alpine, anyone have anysuggestions?
thanks
chris
Old 12-11-2001, 09:08 PM
kvnobrien

Quote:
Also this is irrelevant to the topic, but I was told that the size of the spearkers for ther front of the svx are 6" components, now to my dismay I have found no speakers that are 6". Iam looking into alpine, anyone have anysuggestions?
The front door speakers are 6 1/2. =) that should make finding speakers easier.

Kev
Old 12-11-2001, 09:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
hmmm all the more to discredit best buy there system builder stated that the svx had 6" components. I have a 92 if that makes any difference. But hey thanks.
chris
Old 12-11-2001, 09:16 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Delorean

Well, the Delorean has the window within a window design too, so he may not be completely stupid.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:29 PM
Green1995SVX

This is funny. The day i bought my car, the woman at my local Sony store asked me if my car was a new delorean. She said she used to have one and it looked a lot like my car. I think its kinda cute. I definatly dont think its a reason to beware of best buy. I think he was just a little excited about SVX's. Sounds more like a compliment to me.

-Mike
Old 12-11-2001, 09:37 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
hmmm all the more to discredit best buy there system builder stated that the svx had 6" components. I have a 92 if that makes any difference. But hey thanks.
chris
I have a '92 -- Front speakers are definitely 6.5's but don't expect to just rip out the others and bolt the new ones in. It takes some "modification" (ie: drilling out the welds on the stock brackets to which the stock speakers are welded) to do the replacment. Rears are 6x9 lest you be heading to another store to by rears.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-11-2001, 11:07 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
Well, the Delorean has the window within a window design too, so he may not be completely stupid.
Funny I actually parked next to one the other day. I forgot just how dang ugly they are. Haven't seen one in years. Yes the windows are "similar" but my goodness my SVX looks nicer.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 12-11-2001, 11:49 PM
Green1995SVX

An interesting tidbit...

The Delorean is an ItalDesign car as well.

-Mike
--
88 miles per hour!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:03 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
well, any picture(s) of Delorean? what animal is that?
since i'm here for 2yrs+, i've never seen one or maybe i knew that but they are not attractive to me. i only knew that some of the older pontiac sedans( i don't what they are), when they pulled beside me, Oh, their front windows have kind of like the "half" window wthin a window design to me but not the rear windows.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 12-12-2001, 03:54 AM
ehyde111

Re: Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

well, any picture(s) of Delorean? what animal is that?
since i'm here for 2yrs+, i've never seen one or maybe i knew that but they are not attractive to me. i only knew that some of the older pontiac sedans( i don't what they are), when they pulled beside me, Oh, their front windows have kind of like the "half" window wthin a window design to me but not the rear windows.
Check out www.delorean.org Here's one of the pics. Personally, I not a big fan. I guess they're just unique.
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delorean.jpg (32.9 KB, 83 views)
Old 12-12-2001, 07:17 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Re: Re: Delorean

My friend owns a 'D'. Those things are so simple to work on it's like tying your shoes. And they ride nice. It is sometimes mistaken for a Scirocco with a gull-wing door kit. This summer he plans on getting the 'propper' front springs for it. They drop the front 2" and give it the look it was intended to have. Darn early 80's bumper height restrictions.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 12-12-2001, 09:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
This is funny. The day i bought my car, the woman at my local Sony store asked me if my car was a new delorean. She said she used to have one and it looked a lot like my car. I think its kinda cute. I definatly dont think its a reason to beware of best buy. I think he was just a little excited about SVX's. Sounds more like a compliment to me.

-Mike
Of all the people I talked to at AutoFest, the Delorean owners were the most interested in the SVX. One owner came by our cars and wanted pictures of the interior and such - the similarities between the two cars are surprising.

230hp to them was an astonishing figure.

Anyway, we need to get in contact with them so we can park in the same place next year. We should really print up some signs to put in front of our cars:

'2003 Delorean DMC-H6'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-12-2001, 09:05 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by ehyde111
Check out www.delorean.org Here's one of the pics. Personally, I not a big fan. I guess they're just unique.
Chris
There were 11 DeLorean's at Autofest this year (as opposed to 4 SVXes). They really DO make an impressive display all lined up with their gullwings open. There was one that had been painted black -- it made me feel all "icky" since I'm one of those "stick with stock" kinda guys.

There were also 9 (count 'em) 9 "Starsky and Hutch" Torinos! Now, the only reason I mention that there were 11 DeLoreans and 9 Starsky and Hutch Torinos is to compare with 4 --- yes, only 4 --- SVXes! Do you guys think, maybe, we could have a little better representation in 2002? Autofest is in September, in Evansville, Indiana, so, you'll have plenty of time to plan.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-12-2001, 10:30 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

There were 11 DeLorean's at Autofest this year (as opposed to 4 SVXes). They really DO make an impressive display all lined up with their gullwings open. There was one that had been painted black -- it made me feel all "icky" since I'm one of those "stick with stock" kinda guys.

There were also 9 (count 'em) 9 "Starsky and Hutch" Torinos! Now, the only reason I mention that there were 11 DeLoreans and 9 Starsky and Hutch Torinos is to compare with 4 --- yes, only 4 --- SVXes! Do you guys think, maybe, we could have a little better representation in 2002? Autofest is in September, in Evansville, Indiana, so, you'll have plenty of time to plan.
Well, I can almost garranty I'll have to work that weekend(the way things are going at this point)But if I don't, maybe I can get my buddy to take his 'D' that way there will be 12 DeLoreans and 5 SVX's.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 12-12-2001, 12:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Delorean

Quote:
Originally posted by 249SVX

Well, I can almost garranty I'll have to work that weekend(the way things are going at this point)But if I don't, maybe I can get my buddy to take his 'D' that way there will be 12 DeLoreans and 5 SVX's.
I think that's part of the reason the Delorean guys were so interested - with only four cars attending, the SVX seemed so much more rare.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE