IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i really don't think a municpal cop can ticket you on private property. that is like a cop giving you a ticket for not parking straight in your driveway. is there anyway that you can talk to the owner of walmart and have him appear in court with you and talk to the procecutor/judge about the ticket??

Kelli

If it was walmart's parking lot, he can not give you a ticket for that unless walmart asked for it. If walmart did not ask the moron then you have him by the balls. Hang the bastard and tell him to go chase after real crooks.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

yeah, you tell the judge that kelli says that the dirty copper is full of sheezy macneezy.

you prolly won't get the owner to go anywhere with you unless he's your dad.

all you probably have to do is go to the DA and complain to them about this bs charge. bring a letter from the store manager stating that you had permission to park anyway you want and that you are an employee there. also ask them which code section you violated and have them explain that to you. unless they can, they are full of crap and you'll get off. it all depends on if you complain enough . they got better things to deal with other than a stupid parking ticket that isn't in their list.

also since multiple people got a ticket, file a complaint with the county office and department. send them a letter with a return receipt to prove you sent them a letter or via email that can be traced. if the dirty copper gets enough complaints about him abusing his power or whatever then he will get suspended. especially if he's new.

Last edited by Noir; 12-01-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Certified Porschephile

Before we paint an entire career field because of one idiot, I'll again remind you of my earlier posts stating there are a-holes in all jobs, like lawyers, doctors, etc. As for the parking issue, can only speak for PA. I fled nj after serving my 25 year senteence as a resident!!!! Best move I ever made! Anyway, we only ticket handicap and fire lane. In 8 years I have never heard of not in the white lines on private property. We can write crash reports and theft/vandalism, but not in a space????? That's bull. Of course like you said it is in jersey....north jersey even. Communist capitol of the U.S.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:02 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Thanks everybody, I smell fried bacon. (no offense PA) I agree there are ***holes in every position, unfortunately an ***hole cop can do a lot more against you than most others can.

P.S. There's no way the owner/manager would come to court, I'm working on getting a letter of some sort.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300

Last edited by SubaSteevo; 12-01-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:34 PM

Re: Parking Ticket Rant

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
At the same time another car (the closest car to us) had crossed over the line and HIT another car, two cars were parked in the fire lane, and one non handicapped car was in a handicapped space! I hate cops, we're fighting this one, even if it is only like a $25 ticket.
ok..let me make sure that i understand this.

one car hit another car --->ticket
2 cars were parked in the firelane ---->tickets
non-handicapped in an handicap space ---->ticket

i think all of the above should be ticketed.

if your car was just touching the white lines, i don't see why you should get a ticket.

Quote:
In 8 years I have never heard of not in the white lines on private property. We can write crash reports and theft/vandalism, but not in a space????? That's bull.
hey PA_SVX. don't get me wrong. i like cops. i have friends that are officers and i know a few chiefs and captains as well. i'm not sure that i understand your statement listed above. are you trying to say that you can write reports/tickets for accidents/theft/vandalism and that you should be able to write them for parking spaces as well?

i can fully understand the reasoning behind writing tickets for accident reports because they deal with insurance claims on private property for personal property. i can understand theft/vandalism demands reports/tickets because it is unlawful to steal and vandalize and typically insurance claims can be made to compensate for the loss. however, i can not see any reasoning behind a ticket for failing to park between the white lines. parking on the sidewalk, double parking, parking on the highway, parking on a public road not designated for parking, etc. i can understand reports/tickets for those because it can cause a hazardous situation or stop the flow of traffic. if you can cite why it's a violation and give a legitimite reason for reporting/ticketing someone who 'failed to park between the lines' then i will accept it. to me it's like saying i should get a ticket for parking sideways in my own driveway.

unless i'm mistaken, a parking lot needs to meet certain ordinances to get a permit, but not the way the parking lot is painted or sectioned. you have to have lightings for certain sized lots, handicap spots and ramps, and firelanes, but everything is left to the owner to decide, he could paint it one day and make it different another day. now i do realize that municipally owned or controlled parking lot may have some rules governing the white lines, but not a privately owned one like walmart.

i want an officer's point of view .

but i do understand that an officer can write you a ticket....whether abusing his power or not...he can do it. whether it will stand up in court is another matter. if i could live for 500 years in the same physical state i am in now, i would take some of that time to go into investigating dirty officers and those that abuse their power. i also know quite a few that does that as well.

Last edited by Noir; 12-01-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:41 PM

let me break out the NJ law book....

i couldn't find anything right away, but first lesson in law is that if there isn't a law against it, they can't punish you. i have open the 2002 edition of the NJ criminal law and motor vehicle hand book and no where can i find that it is illegal to park in that fashion, except on public streets...unless there are clear white lines telling you to do so. there is not mention about private property. i will keep looking, but i can't find anything here

check with the local laws and regulations, that might make a difference. there might be an ordinance in your town against parking like that. you should be able to get a website to search from the municipal building...good luck

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Of course like you said it is in jersey....north jersey even. Communist capitol of the U.S.
and what makes you all high and mighty may i ask?

kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:59 PM

kelli, you won't find any of this in a textbook . you will however find it in the volumes of law and code if someone has made an issue about it.

i just want an officer's reasoning in writing a ticket/filing a report over something so trival in my opinion that is apparently noteworthy to the officer. i mean i would hope that tax dollars are spent more constructively on electrocuting murderers .
Old 12-01-2003, 03:01 PM

okay steve, i found this....

39:4-56.7. Issuance of Summons for Violations.

"any law enforement officer may in the performance of his duty enter upon the property upon REQUEST OF THE PROPERTY OWNER wherein a vehicle is parked inviolation of section 1 of this act [R.S. 39:4-56.6] for the purpose of issuing a summons for such violation. "

it would seem here that unless the officer had permission to ticket you from the owner of the property of walmart, then the ticket wouldn't stand.

again, check the local laws and regulations

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 12-01-2003, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
kelli, you won't find any of this in a textbook . you will however find it in the volumes of law and code if someone has made an issue about it.

i just want an officer's reasoning in writing a ticket/filing a report over something so trival in my opinion that is apparently noteworthy to the officer. i mean i would hope that tax dollars are spent more constructively on electrocuting murderers .
hey harry....you were wrong!

1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 12-01-2003, 03:07 PM

Quote:

39:4-56.7. Issuance of Summons for Violations.

"any law enforement officer may in the performance of his duty enter upon the property upon REQUEST OF THE PROPERTY OWNER wherein a vehicle is parked inviolation of section 1 of this act [R.S. 39:4-56.6] for the purpose of issuing a summons for such violation. "

Kelli
state the violation of section 1 of R.S. 39:4-56.6 so i can determine if i am wrong or not.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:18 PM

39:4-56.6

no person shall park or leave unattended a vehicle on private property without the consent of the owner or other person in control or possession of the property, except in the case of emergency ..........then it goes on about towing

steve had permission to park on walmart property...like i said before..it is like an officer coming and giving me a ticket for parking croked in my mother's driveway...unless he had permission from my mother...it wouldn't happen

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 12-01-2003, 03:30 PM

Quote:
39:4-56.6

no person shall park or leave unattended a vehicle on private property without the consent of the owner or other person in control or possession of the property, except in the case of emergency ..........then it goes on about towing

steve had permission to park on walmart property...like i said before..it is like an officer coming and giving me a ticket for parking croked in my mother's driveway...unless he had permission from my mother...it wouldn't happen

Kelli
ok, so i'm wrong about your golden textbook. you want a cookie? maybe a lollipop? i won't diss the new jersey education system anymore . kinda interesting that your text book has that. i still want to hear what an officer has to say to that .

oh and kelli you spelled croked wong and no i won't bite you, i may chip a tooth cause you're so hardcore.

so basically steve all you have to do is what i said earlier about getting a letter from the store manager who represents that store, go to court, and tell them you aren't going to pay the fine. then file a report that that cop's an ass.

Last edited by Noir; 12-01-2003 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:35 PM

no, i just want an appology from you HONEY

anyways...see about getting that letter and i know that you are allowed to ask the officer why he gave you the ticket...i would do that right in front of the entire court room. make the cop feel like a total a$$

and this book isn't a text book/like school text book...it is used by cops in NJ to enforce laws, so it should have every rule. certain jurisdictions can make amendments to the laws, but they have to be constitutional.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 12-01-2003, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

oh and kelli you spelled croked wong and no i won't bite you, i may chip a tooth cause you're so hardcore.

then file a report>>> that that<<<< cop's an ass.
hey dork a$$ don't be dissing my spelling when you don't have a grasp on the english language yourself

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: