Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-11-2001, 01:31 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
[i]I thank God that so far all the reports from our SVX community menbers have been merciful towards our friends & loved ones. [/B]
Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get in touch with Garry Grimes (infamous "Dork in Legacy" from the first Reading Meet)? He worked in the Pentagon.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-11-2001, 01:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
What concerns me, and I don't not want to start any bad feelings to our overseas friends, but I was reading thru MSN's news on world leaders reactions, There are notes on nearly every country in the western world, and mideast, why isn't the anything from the far east? Though it is midnight-wee hours of morning there. You'd think the leaders there would be contacted and have their responses
Arafat has come out comdeming the action and assuring that the PLO had no part in the action. Afgahnistan's leaders have also denied any part. There has been footage of Palestinians dancing in the streets. As much as I try, I cannot dispise them for that. It is an act of free expression from and obviously misled society, who considers us to be a mislead society. It is sad, however that a "mere musunderstanding" should lead to thousands of innocents' deaths.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-11-2001, 01:38 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
If anyone is wondering. You can listen to the NYC emergency dispatch with winamp here:

213.65.88.63:8000

Last I heard on it, they are investigating a van that callers have said may be carrying a chemical bomb.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 09-11-2001, 01:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
What concerns me, and I don't not want to start any bad feelings to our overseas friends, but I was reading thru MSN's news on world leaders reactions, There are notes on nearly every country in the western world, and mideast, why isn't the anything from the far east? Though it is midnight-wee hours of morning there. You'd think the leaders there would be contacted and have their responses
After further checking.....Foxnews's site has some word from Japan/China and other Asian countries. Guess I just needed to look a little further
Old 09-11-2001, 01:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
If anyone is wondering. You can listen to the NYC emergency dispatch with winamp here:

213.65.88.63:8000

Last I heard on it, they are investigating a van that callers have said may be carrying a chemical bomb.

Ryan
That is horrible, I wondered if anything was going to be on the ground or if it was just going to be by the planes..
Old 09-11-2001, 01:54 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Precise, yes. Even surgical. But combat this is not.
My point exactly. It is available, but they choose to use revolting avenues. This is pure cowardice. If, indeed, the perpetrators of this barbaric act think that this was their door to paradise, I feel that they will be disappointed by the "warm" reception they receive when they walk through the door.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-11-2001, 02:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

My point exactly. It is available, but they choose to use revolting avenues. This is pure cowardice. If, indeed, the perpetrators of this barbaric act think that this was their door to paradise, I feel that they will be disappointed by the "warm" reception they receive when they walk through the door.
I can take no comfort in that. For me there is no afterlife or 'judgement,' so the innocent people killed in the attacks met the same end as those who died killing them.

But since these people undoubtably did not act alone, justice can and will be served. Unfortunately, those who perpetrated these acts against us likely saw them as retaliation for things we had done to them. To those people, any more action by us will require more retaliation by them.

It is unfortunate that in this age, when militaries are being cut back because there are no more large-scale conflicts, someone has to go stirring up trouble again.

I don't like George W, but I do have this to say:

It was a bad idea to wait until we have a Republican President.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-11-2001, 03:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: agreed

Quote:
Originally posted by halistan
<<Markus, thank you for your prayers. Continue to pray for our nation. We have a tough time ahead. The word "War" is being tossed around a lot. That is not a word we like to hear.>>

I agree, i feel that the general populace does not understand the weight of what they say. This is going to have a drastic affect on our world as we know it for quite some time, the full affects non of us can comprehend at this moment. I just pray that we, as a people, can overcome this without ourselves becoming terrorists to the innocent in the process of avenging our loss. I pray for us all.

~Ray

"Be brave, and powerful forces will aid you"
Ray

Heartening to hear you say this, it will not be easy to punish or retaliate here. We had innocent Irish people jailed for years in England after the Birmingham bombing, because the mob wanted "justice", and the police needed scapegoats.

Most enlightened thinking for one of your age. There is hope for the world yet.

These events were driven by anti-American political sentiment. You will find in time they were not sanctioned by any state, but some terrorist group of looneys. I am not American myself, but my thoughts and emotions are ruled by anger. By using planes as bombs, they are shooting you with your own weapons. The sick psychos will derive more pleasure from that than if they hit the White House with a missile. Pray for the families of all who are lost. Justice will come.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-11-2001, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Just heard my friend's brother is OK. Thanks for everyone's concern.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxter
Great news
Old 09-11-2001, 03:27 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
<<Most enlightened thinking for one of your age. There is hope for the world yet. >>

Joe,

Thanks for the kind words....i wish my words were from genuine wisdom, but they aren't. I was in Norman during the OKC bombing and after that when they started saying on the radio that they thought it was done by a middle east terrorist group. I saw how all the simple minded sheep that went to my school started treating all the middle east students. My friend Abrahm was nearly assalted by a mob in the cafeteria. I actually had to threaten to call OUPD to get the residents to back down (I was a resident advisor at the time). People are quick to judge, and even quicker to administer "justice" even when they don't know the facts, and this saddens me. This day has been tough on all of us and i hope that those directly affected by this find solace in thier loved ones and friends.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:29 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxter
Super!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-11-2001, 03:55 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Arafat has come out comdeming the action and assuring that the PLO had no part in the action. Afgahnistan's leaders have also denied any part. There has been footage of Palestinians dancing in the streets. As much as I try, I cannot dispise them for that. It is an act of free expression from and obviously misled society, who considers us to be a mislead society. It is sad, however that a "mere musunderstanding" should lead to thousands of innocents' deaths.
I have lived in the Middle East so I guess I can say this with a decent amount of certainty. This SOUNDS like an attack from the people with Islamic background and "Jihad". No sane terrorist group -- both from US and abroad would do a thing like that except the suicide bombers of the ME (I hate to be this damn stereotypical). Arafat, as far as I know is just a figurehead. He can not even control his police force. The way they used the airliners like a makeshift cruise missile is horrifying.

Anyway, I am praying for all who are suffering and all those families whose lives are changed or changing.

I hope someone will come out clean though -- so that we at least know who did this crime.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-11-2001, 04:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
As I type this, I am watching CNN on TV.
Someone, probably us, is bombing the outskirts of Kabal, Afghanistan. Here we go again. God save us and all the people on this planet.

Larry III
Old 09-11-2001, 05:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

I have lived in the Middle East so I guess I can say this with a decent amount of certainty. This SOUNDS like an attack from the people with Islamic background and "Jihad". No sane terrorist group -- both from US and abroad would do a thing like that except the suicide bombers of the ME (I hate to be this damn stereotypical). Arafat, as far as I know is just a figurehead. He can not even control his police force. The way they used the airliners like a makeshift cruise missile is horrifying.

Anyway, I am praying for all who are suffering and all those families whose lives are changed or changing.

I hope someone will come out clean though -- so that we at least know who did this crime.

Lwin
Lwin, I think we will know very quickly who did this AND he will need a very good bunker. Terrible time for freedom.