SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 11:19 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Easy Rob...

Actually one of the main reasons pot is illegal can be directly connected to the governments propaganda campaign to make it so. See if you can find a copy of "Refer Madness."

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Easy Rob...

Actually one of the main reasons pot is illegal can be directly connected to the governments propaganda campaign to make it so. See if you can find a copy of "Refer Madness."
Whom do you think was responsible for convincing the government to make that?

Hearst.

- Rob
Old 11-13-2003, 01:22 PM

i have a few statements, probably because we just did this in corrects...
war on drugs....
do you know how many millions of dollars that produces a year...maybe a ballpark of around 200 billion....
law enforcement...maybe gets 5 billion a year to "fight the war on drugs" it a war we will never win...

most of the ppl in our prision and jail systems have a drug charge or are on drugs...or will become dependent on drugs by the time they come out. do you know how many law enforcement agencies rely on drug dealers??? a whole lot! imagine taking all the drug dealers and runners and such out of prisions and jails...what would the correction officers do? we, the tax payers would save money on the housing of the prisioners, but welfare and unemployement would skyrocket..

i think the american government needs drugs....what would some ppl do for a living???

you got lab workers, law enforcement, lawyers, judges, the list goes on...not to forget the dirty politicians that have their greasy little hands in it...if we wanted it stopped at our borders, don't you think the all mighty American government could stop it??

ok...rant off/

drugs are bad, don't do drugs

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Then don't drink coffee, mountain dew, or ever have a beer.

I'm not up for entirely quitting the war on drugs.

BUT POT.... what the hell is the big deal about it!?

Here's an idea. Throw 50 drunk guys in a room. See what happens. Now throw 50 stoned guys in a room. Get my drift? Alcohol makes people aggressive, depressed, and all sorts of things. Pot just makes people relaxed, happy, and hungry.

Pot... I mean, ... the only real danger 'smoking bud' produces is depeleted quantities of 'cheeto's'.

- Rob
Old 11-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Certified Porschephile

OK so the next time some idiot that is high slams his car into someone and kills him, tell thier family drugs are ok. Rob, if you don't smoke, good for you. I never said you didn't have any common sense. As for Kelli, I really don't think drugs are illegal to give people something to do. Come on. People in this country that abuse drugs should be in jail. Period.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
OK so the next time some idiot that is high slams his car into someone and kills him, tell thier family drugs are ok. Rob, if you don't smoke, good for you. I never said you didn't have any common sense. As for Kelli, I really don't think drugs are illegal to give people something to do. Come on. People in this country that abuse drugs should be in jail. Period.
i never said that...i just said that dealers give ppl jobs...i meant to say that if there was a nation wide crackdown, then a lot of ppl would loose their jobs, and i wasn't the one that put my idea in my head...that was a lesson taught by a retired police officer/detective...and what ever other ranks he achieved in his criminal justice career

i think a major reason why pot isn't legal is because they can't road side test you...blood shot eyes...not a legit test...
urine test, bah...a person could smoke weed and be high for 1 hour 2 weeks before and still test hot...
so how would they road side test??

and i really have to disagree with you about ppl that abuse drugs should be in jail...that is a major problem, they should be in clinics dealing with their drug problem, not in jail. they will just get out and do them again. and it isn't like they can't get drugs in jails/prisions either...so how do we fix the problem??

when i was on my ride-along, i asked the officer how they deal with the well known drug part of town, and he told me that the city drug dealers came in and now they keep that area quiet...so if we don't bother them, they don't bother us...what kinda SHIOT is that???

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Be careful Chicane, because if you use your oil/flame thrower and they crash and get hurt, if they find out who it was, you'll be in ALOT more trouble then them. Whenever you use offensive weapons on someone you have already established intent, and being chased for road rage is not enough to defend a flame thrower or oil sprayer. Which of course both are already illegal. Use your head like everyone is telling you. Kelli had a good suggestion, in just driving to a police station or a crowded location where you would have witnesses in case it gets ugly.
PA_SVX is right. I wouldn't resort to oil/flame throwers. Using any of that is just 'adding fuel' to the fire. Hitting a police station or going to a very public and full of people place is the way to go. Unless you are ready to die, I would say not to confront these types of people. Whether they are high or not, It wouldn't be wise to test if their gun was loaded or not. Martial arts is overrated when it comes to situations nowadays. You would be amazed how many people get killed or shot from upset people who just got beat down in a fist fight. Since I didn't see it I'm not sure if you somehow provoked it by going like 100mph in a lane that was merging. Throwing knives also wouldn't help you in any way. Think twice before you act because now you have someone else to worry about if something were to happen to you.

I've encountered people like that. I've also dealt with them in ways that would more than likely keep them from doing it again. But then again, I'm not afraid to die. Leave the luni's to me.

Last edited by Noir; 11-13-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
OK so the next time some idiot that is high slams his car into someone and kills him, tell thier family drugs are ok.
Weird. Almost all my friends have smoked at one point or another, and none of them have gotten behind a wheel.

But... since you're on the subject, could we please ban alcohol? Drinking and driving is a much more serious issue than driving while high, since it happens so frequently. I'm assuming that you never EVER drink beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc, because after all, if you drink any of that, you're JUST like the drunk drivers. I mean, let's just basically ignore the fact that you might be completely responsible about it.... to me, if you take a drink, you and the drunk driver who just mowed down a 10 yr old girl on her bike are the same person dammit!

- Rob
Old 11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am a strong believer of legalizing drug and guns.

The reason behind it is as follows: In Cook county, IL, its illegal to own a gun unless you have a permission (from court or your job if you work for a police agency). So if you are a law arbiding citizen, you are not armed. You know criminals always have guns so what do we have here? Thugs and police(milder form of thugs with uniform and badges) with guns. Something is not right here.

Secondly, if you legalize drugs, you can use the money from the sale of drugs to rehab and re-educate the people in the habit. You will not have dealers if you legalize it since every 7-eleven will carry drugs and dealers can not compete with 7-elevens. Without dealers, there will be no big fights over drugs, land, etc.

And finally, people need some major education on drugs and guns. They have to teach responsiability to people. If you pull the trigger, you are it. If you are high and kill someone while driving, you are it. etc. Also, you have to teach them that drugs are bad because they make you dull and unproductive and .... rather than drugs are bad and if you get caught with drugs, you go to jail. Every kid in high school knows that by smoking weed you don't die right away. You have to show them what happens if you do it every day for a long time.

And finally, I had this discussion with a friend of mine the other day, you have to teach people empathy. You are not a responsiable adult until you have the ability to see things from the other person's point of view.

I am going to tie all of them together now. You should be able to legally carry a gun or get drugs until you become a responsiable adult. For most men, that age is around 35 and many women hit that age around 28ish.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 11-13-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
ince I didn't see it I'm not sure if you somehow provoked it by going like 100mph in a lane that was merging.
Either I didn't make myself clear, or you have read my story incorrectly. The speed limit was 55. I passed the cavalier (which was doing about 55) and I was going about 65-70. There was nothing odd or offensive in the manner I passed their vehicle.

- Rob
Old 11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Either I didn't make myself clear, or you have read my story incorrectly. The speed limit was 55. I passed the cavalier (which was doing about 55) and I was going about 65-70. There was nothing odd or offensive in the manner I passed their vehicle.

- Rob

This is a joke:

That black dude could be the owner of the car with the missing wiper blades.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

This is a joke:

That black dude could be the owner of the car with the missing wiper blades.

L
here, just add wood instead of lighter fluid to the fire...SHESH!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

- Rob
maybe i'm wrong, but in your initial post the first documentation of speed was 115mph, then 15mph in a 55 zone.

anyway be careful. lots of luni's out there these days. takes one to know one.

Harry <---king of all luni's.

(i keep a baseball bat in the svx to give the crazy people a chance.)
Old 11-13-2003, 02:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noir
[B]

Harry <---king of all luni's.

(like we didn't already know that...shesh!)
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 11-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noir
[B]

maybe i'm wrong, but in your initial post the first documentation of speed was 115mph, then 15mph in a 55 zone.

Oh. Sorry. When I wrote " I pass him... but then, as I pass him, he hits the gas. I'm like, whatever. --->snip<----- me, so I just ****ing nail it.", what I meant was by "****ing nail it" was the gas pedal, and up until that point I had been going a reasonable speed, about 10 over.

Quote:
anyway be careful. lots of luni's out there these days. takes one to know one.
For sure. I almost wish I would have stopped. :| Twould have made a more entertaining story if I had to stab a psycho, but it would have been a lot less interesting if I would have died... so... whatever.

- Rob
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: