SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the state of the forums as they are today?
I'm extremely disappointed in the forums and would like for them to return to their former level of decorum. 39 75.00%
I'm willing to accept the forums, as they are today, in the names of progress and diversity. 13 25.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Your Thoughts?

Just wondering.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-07-2003, 10:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
I dont know what they use to be like. However, I wish some of the people would back off of each other some times. I think ost of us are adults, and there really is no need to bash each other or other people/ car/ forums. I dont mind when someone posts hat they had a problem with a company or a part to inform us. However there is a difference between bashing something or someone and informing people (i.e. I've never owned a Neon but all Neon's are pieces of S__t verse I owned a Neon and I had to take it to the shop 5 times the first year because of recalls and defects) See a difference?

I dont mind people having opinions and sharing them with each other. But when they start arguing over whose OPINION is right I drives me nutz.

But thats my opinion and Im sharing it. If you have an opinion feel free to share it, I wont argue with you about it.

I do like the Fight Post. It's fun as long as everyone understands its just in fun and not serious.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
It is really bothering me because people that have been here for a while are becoming fed up and leaving. These people are knowledgeable of the SVX and other things and that is the reason I started coming here. I believe that this is the greatest resource and can't stand to see it fall apart.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 11-07-2003, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
It is really bothering me because people that have been here for a while are becoming fed up and leaving. These people are knowledgeable of the SVX and other things and that is the reason I started coming here. I believe that this is the greatest resource and can't stand to see it fall apart.
i agree with ^^^^ this guy right here^^^^

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Green1995SVX

I voted for the first one. This place has become an embarrassment for the SVX community.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:41 AM
The Croupier

Well as for me , I dont think I have been here long enough to even vote ( I dont know what it was like before).
But what I do know is I like this site verry much. Granted my car has just under 52 k so verry few problems. But im learning how to watch & perhaps avoid the most common porblems SVX'ers run into. & it's great hearing from people who love there car as much as I do.
I allso got an answer last night in tek Q & A as to my mouse belt fix from quiquetupper ( dude has 9 posts ) I porbably would have just lived with it but thanks to this site i ( hopefully ) wont have to. So not knowing what it was like before I guess I just want to say im glad its here.
Ok well I'm gonna go try & fix my mouse & Wax her up for the NW fall color's meet tomorrow. Just wanted to post my support & thanks to the site
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 11-07-2003, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
I dont know how to tell how long someones been here, but Ive noticed that even some of the people with the most posts are doing some of the arguing pack and forth. If its the juniors that are starting things with the more senor people than the senor people should just give up. If you give them advice and they dont listen, just drop it. there isnt any need to go back and forth. If you advise them and they dont listen just say "Oh, well" and let them learn for them selves.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I voted for the first, but I wouldn't say that I'm 'extremely' disappointed in the overall behavior. We just need more supervision.

And I don't think that's a bad thing - even adults need supervision.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I think people should chill, myself included. I know that a lot of you would just LOVE to blame everything on me, but that isn't really it. I think one of the biggest reasons for any change, is the size. This place is more active and has more members than it used to.

Another thing is respect. Some of you might say I'm disrespectful, but I'll point out that I've probably been attacked on these forums more than anybody, just for presenting my opinion about a certain car. Think about that.

Anyway, I wish Trevor would come back. Uncamitski can stay gone; the last few posts I've ever seen of his, all he did was bait me, which is immature and 'not very nice'.

- Rob
Old 11-07-2003, 10:50 AM

hey Rob, why do you think that everyone would point the finger at you and say that it is your fault...guilty conscious?

Kelli

come one come all...get your Xanax here!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Well this used to be a fun place and everyone was kind even if they had a different opinion. Yes the people were kind and nice and there was level to strive for. It was class.

As much as I would like to see that again, I surely believe that I will not. There is no way for this present unkindness to go away until each one of us decides to be kind to each other one at a time, one by one.

Now it's just about the same as any other slice of life. Everyone is here, all the personality types. Accept it because it will not change. There is now to much history with hurt feelings and no forgiveness. It's a war.

Get over it because life goes on.

Now I have been wondering. Just where is the server located? The administrator "Chris" puts a lot of time into this site. Right? Out of the kindness of his heart. Right? If he leaves does the site go too?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Chris is a great guy!

He lives in Boise and has won quite a few trophies for racing his stock 92 teal SVX at the Thunderbird raceway up in Boise. I had the honor of watching him race *(and win) and having a tour of the facilities where he hosts our site! I've not posted the pictures of the race yet... but will when I get home to night...

I guess he has been busy lately... Chris if you're out there give us a sign...

*edit
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Last edited by Uncamitzi; 11-07-2003 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:24 AM

Cool..... I'd like to see the pics and maybe a little info about the trophies too.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Re: Chris is a great guy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
.................. having a tour of the facilities where he hosts our site! ..............................
So what kind of place is this? His basement? Neighbors garage on a flood plain? Where he works?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Chris is a great guy!

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter

So what kind of place is this? His basement? Neighbors garage on a flood plain? Where he works?

Chis will agree with me on this....

All of the above....
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Closed Thread