SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX on American Top Gear

After thinking it over, I have kind of changed my mind. Nobody takes US Top Gear seriously, the challenges are supposed to be ridiculous/retarded. Whenever Top Gear UK does the challenges where they have to sell the cars, they also sell for extremely cheap. We should be mostly happy that the car got the exposure that it did. Almost all of the things they said about the SVX were very positive. They were selfish with details about it, but that is a flaw of the show, not specific to their treatment of the SVX.

So I was disappointed, but that was because my expectations were too high.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 09-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

I agree. The car got good exposure. For SVX, just about any exposure is good exposure anyway

So let's say you for some reason get to know about the SVX and think "hmm yeah maybe that could be the car for me"... the first thing you do is and youtube.

On youtube, there are only **** videos that can scare any potential buyer away with the exception of Motor Week. Yeah, for most people watching 0-62 and 1/4 mile runs with modified cars is **** Apart from Motor Week there is not a single serious review on the tube. Potential buyers lose interest soon enough.

Hell, I know plenty of people in TV production. If I had the money needed to rent a photographer, sound engineer and editor for some weekend work, I'd make a 10 minute documentary that would really present the car and it's fortes. If anyone feel like donating to such a feature, I'd gladly put up something on kickstarter. We would need at least $10000 to have something professionally made (equipment rent and basic pay for people's time).
I'm ready to f...

Last edited by jetboy; 09-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

...or someone could do it just for fun with the skill and equipment they have for not a single dime. That said, it doesn't need to be a professional grade video and far more has been done for much less. A lot of people have HD capable cameras and even the basic editing skills aren't hard to come by... finding the person willing to actually do it and do it well is probably going to be the hardest part.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
...or someone could do it just for fun with the skill and equipment they have for not a single dime. That said, it doesn't need to be a professional grade video and far more has been done for much less. A lot of people have HD capable cameras and even the basic editing skills aren't hard to come by... finding the person willing to actually do it and do it well is probably going to be the hardest part.
Well, most scripted car vids on the tube are awfully amateurish. I'd like to do this as a weekend project but the only decent photographer I know (I'm sure he could do editing and sound recording very well, too) does this for a living and has to charge. You don't get house drawings for free even if you know an architect

Besides, a fair amount of cash would go into the helicopter that's totally needed to do scenes that will explain in more than a thousand words what the SVX is about. Like here:

I'm ready to f...
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

Not a documentary, not a sales pitch or imformative, but at least something different than 1/4 mile runs.

http://youtu.be/ALCZUDY_kpE

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 09-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSVX View Post
Not a documentary, not a sales pitch or imformative, but at least something different than 1/4 mile runs.

http://youtu.be/ALCZUDY_kpE

That is very cool
Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

why did i get the most excited when i saw the police chase video lol
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 AM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX

So, these guys claim that Subaru said in its advertising that the windows protect the inside from rain......

Which advertisement or campaign made this claim? I have done a bit of searching a found nothing.

I am pretty annoyed that is the claim that make, then 'test'....

The only mention of the windows protecting from rain is in the Motorweek video, I think.

1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com