SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
Not your everyday drive..

Sunday night around 9pm I was headed to a friends house and in his neighborhood I came to an intersection where I stopped and waited to turn right because this truck was coming down the hill from my left with his turn signal on to turn onto the street I was coming off of. As he was turning I went and in my rear view mirror saw that he canceled his signal and was now heading down the street I was on, behind me. At this point I'm not exactly thinking he's following me, but it sort of made me uncomfortable so I made a left down a random street and he did the same. Now I'm starting to wonder who this could be and why they would be following me because he just turned down this street that is heading in the complete opposite direction in the neighborhood that he was originally planing on going (back at the intersection where I first encountered him). It was a blue chevy avalanche, not a vehicle I'm familiar with anyone I know having. So I start picking up the pace a bit and he's staying on my tail. I make another left turn only to find out that the street has only been plowed up to a certain point. I get to the end and am forced to turn around in this parking lot and sure enough here comes the guy up the street. He stops at the entrance to this parking lot and I'm just sitting there because he was blocking me from getting out. Never once did he roll his window down or attempt to converse with me. He put his truck in reverse and started to reposition himself and I saw that as my opportunity to lose him.

I flew by him and made it out to a main street, saw him in my rear view mirror following. I continued down to another main street and made a right, he's still following me. My mind is racing with millions of questions about why/what is going on and my main goal here is to lose him. So I turn into another neighborhood I'm familiar with and book it down the street and then make a left on a random street thinking there's no way he'll know I turned here, and I could not see him in my rear view when I made the turn. So I kinda slow down a bit and I see headlights behind me coming pretty quick. I hurry up and make another left, and then yet another, and was positive I'd lost him for good. Got out of that neighborhood and made it to my friends house and periodically throughout the night I'd go check on my car just to make sure no one was out there or had done anything.

All I can say is I'm glad the SVX is a tank in the snow and has the power to get me where I want to go. Very frustrating incident though.
Sorry for the long detailed post, but this has been weighing on my mind since Sunday.

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Not your everyday drive..

The man is out to get you!....

But seriously did you piss someone off lately?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX

He just wanted to know what kind of weird exotic car you were driving.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Something like this I would have pulled over and let him make the next move. Maybe he just had a question. Woulda just kept the car in D in case hes some weirdo or has a gun.

I actually did what this guy did back in the late 90's, chasing a cover-clad prototype SUV in Carson City, which turned out to be a test Isuzu Vehi-cross. I just wanted to ask the guy what it was, since he routinely drove around my streets late at night and never in the day.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:30 PM

Registered SVX

Ive had to do a runner from some random guy that started chasing me in my svx. he was throwing beer bottles at my car this happened a few years ago. glad it had the power to leave this guy behind.
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM

It's a crazy world... And getting crazier.

Keith
Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

As Kurt Cobain said, just because you're paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
As Kurt Cobain said, just because you're paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you.
HAHA. I love it.
2001 Audi S8
Old 12-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Man, that is just flat strange.

Hopefully it was just benign.

That is a bit weird to happen just after one of the biggest christmas blizzards that "Snow-maha" has seen in decades, and more than a foot of snow.

That kept me OUT of Omaha, but I guess it brought the looney-tunes out IN omaha.

I still have that wheel for you... keep that car intact, and out of the clutches of crazy avalanche drivers.

I'll be in the neighborhood thursday and friday... we can re-try an arrangement to meet, and get you that wheel.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

He was just trying to take a picture of the spaceship.

Glad to hear you're ok. I had a similar experience in the little red wagon a long time ago. Was very glad to have the little 4x4 to blast me through some apple orchards and escape safely. I had launched so hard off some of the bumps that my heavy fishing tackle box in the rear of the wagon hit the ceiling. The SVX wouldn't have fared so well in that case, so now I pack heat. Just in case.

It's a mad world.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 12-30-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Man, that is just flat strange.

Hopefully it was just benign.

That is a bit weird to happen just after one of the biggest christmas blizzards that "Snow-maha" has seen in decades, and more than a foot of snow.

That kept me OUT of Omaha, but I guess it brought the looney-tunes out IN omaha.

I still have that wheel for you... keep that car intact, and out of the clutches of crazy avalanche drivers.

I'll be in the neighborhood thursday and friday... we can re-try an arrangement to meet, and get you that wheel.
I thought it was a funny coincidence the vehicle was an "avalanche" considering all the snow we've had

I'll be at work until 3pm thursday, and I have a family event from noon to hopefully no later than 6 on friday. Give me a call, we'll get it sorted.

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time