Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 PM
The Molinator

Head Gasket Price ???

How much is the labor for a head gasket job approximately here in California for our SVX?

THANKS!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'm not sure but probably close to the price of a 1975 Ferrari GT4
Old 08-17-2005, 04:47 AM
The Molinator

Talking Master..THIS!

So ......should I sell the Ferrari now to pay the mechanic?. ....OR should I just give him the Ferrari when the job is done?

LOOK Slick!

P.S. BTW got the Ferrari out to take my 10 and 12 YO boys for a ride while getting car cleaned up for car show (I don't show mine, but participate in display) last Sunday night, ........OOOOOOPS!...NO BRAKES! I'm up at 3:30 am trying to fix the master so I can go to the Concorso Italiano this Friday in Monterey, CA! [Not too gooda luck wida cars this month, eh!?] Ciao!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 08-17-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Giong back to the beaters...

I belive that somebody else was quoted to have the job done at approx 3k but that sounds high even though you have to remove the engine also since your doing the head gasket might be worth your time to do a few other things like the PCV or all the belts or (insert other frequently replaced part here).
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver