How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
kamikazecreativ

Poor Dealer Service/Corporate Contacts?

Does anyone have a contact number either for Subaru/America National or SE Region Customer Service (Name/eddress/phone/address) other than the national PO Box they give out? A Marketing person, Dealer Relations person or possibly PR could work. Heck, any name/contact info will get me started.

I have been going through Dealer Heck with lack of knowlege/honesty here in Charlotte, NC. $1600 later, the belt I originally asked them to check and fix the source problem for just broke again. Guess what? An aftermarket product, not genuine Subaru parts as I was charged for. The 2nd Charlotte dealer replaced the AC Compressor I had already replaced, "forgot" to save me the part. Meanwhile, down in Atlanta, I paid $89 for a complete inspection/troubleshooting visit which didn't find the faulty belt.

I need to solve this service thing and get some relief (as in fix it right and no more $$$) or I'll have to part with the 95 SVX my dog and I love (and have babied for 90,000 miles). I am beyond complaining (again) to dealers service and general mgrs. Surely there is somebody higher up I can annoy into action.

Have any of you had similar experiences I can caption? How'd you solve it?

Like Sprint, the corporate people are so deeply hidden I haven't been able to ferret out anyone but at the very top of national ladder - and those folks are too far removed. I axed Sprint. Would hate to do the same w/"Sue".

Looking forward - thanks in advance - Toodles!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Call subaru at 1800Subaru3 tell them you want to talk to the regional reps or even their boss.

I know your issues. Went to UNCC for a couple of years. HATED EVERY stinking subie dealer there! They were completely incompetent to work on my 85 EA-81 Hatch. I couldn't imagine something like an SVX to them.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
start with this... go from there
Subaru of America, Inc.

National Customer Service Center
Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru Plaza
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
1 (800) SUBARU3 (toll free)
1 (800) 782-2783 (toll free)

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
hah, you beat me to it benebob

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecreativ
Does anyone have a contact number either for Subaru/America National or SE Region Customer Service (Name/eddress/phone/address) other than the national PO Box they give out? A Marketing person, Dealer Relations person or possibly PR could work. Heck, any name/contact info will get me started.

I have been going through Dealer Heck with lack of knowlege/honesty here in Charlotte, NC. $1600 later, the belt I originally asked them to check and fix the source problem for just broke again. Guess what? An aftermarket product, not genuine Subaru parts as I was charged for. The 2nd Charlotte dealer replaced the AC Compressor I had already replaced, "forgot" to save me the part. Meanwhile, down in Atlanta, I paid $89 for a complete inspection/troubleshooting visit which didn't find the faulty belt.

I need to solve this service thing and get some relief (as in fix it right and no more $$$) or I'll have to part with the 95 SVX my dog and I love (and have babied for 90,000 miles). I am beyond complaining (again) to dealers service and general mgrs. Surely there is somebody higher up I can annoy into action.

Have any of you had similar experiences I can caption? How'd you solve it?

Like Sprint, the corporate people are so deeply hidden I haven't been able to ferret out anyone but at the very top of national ladder - and those folks are too far removed. I axed Sprint. Would hate to do the same w/"Sue".

Looking forward - thanks in advance - Toodles!
I sure hope they are more responsive than VWOA. We have had all kinds of dealer problems here, no matter which one we take the NB to. The bottom line for VWOA is that their dealers are independent operations and VWOA has no authority over them to correct any problems. I was in shock when I head this, nevertheless true. It just so happens that a retired VWOA head honcho lives here in Sarasota and is a client of my wife's law firm....problems solved. It's too bad that things have gotten as bad as they are. No one gives a damn anymore. The customer is left on their own.

Last edited by fl_svx; 05-04-2005 at 04:05 PM.