Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Chetburger

Hi Pavan good to hear from you. I cant hold it against you for holding on to your car. Ive been that way with a lot of cars.

Im still on the prowl.

Right now Im finding cars, but they are 300-400 miles away. I just have a seriously hard time buying a sophisticated piece of machinery unless Im there kicking tires. Its my belief that in long-distance sales inquiries. you listen to everything the seller tells you, but you believe none of it until you can verify it yourself.

But I cant be driving 400 miles every weekend to kick tires. Not long after, I would have spent more in searching than I would have saved on looking beyond the city limits.

Im going to attempt to stick with 94+ LSI cars. I think Im in a pocket of SVX-Less. Were I 200 miles in any directions Id be closer to 5x as many prospects.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetburger
i called my local subaru dealer back today who happens to move quite a few subarus. i called him last week to see if they had any leads or customers looking to sell their svx. he said hes never seen one at the dealer in 5yrs, not even for service. Not especially confidence building.
Wouldn't the fact that the dealer hasn't had any in for service in 5 years be a good sign?? Also it would be a good thing that he hasn't seen any for sale in years, because it shows that the cars are definetly good enough to keep around...which is why in my area, WRX's were next to impossible to find until late '03 when people started trading them in on new STi's. I take both those things you commented on to be good omens about the car! In any case, good luck on your decision
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetburger
yeah I saw that one. cant say much for the color, but perhaps ill give them a call.

i called my local subaru dealer back today who happens to move quite a few subarus. i called him last week to see if they had any leads or customers looking to sell their svx. he said hes never seen one at the dealer in 5yrs, not even for service.

not especially confidence building.
Hi Chris,

Which dealer have u contacted? I hope u haven't contacted Wagner Subaru, becos i have taken my car for service for a couple of times to them only and they are very nice in suggesting and advising.

Yeah good to stick to SVXes above 94, but u can always look for a well maintained SVXes below tht years tooo. Subarus will last long and gives u good feedback if u maintain them properly and well taken care.

Hope you will find an SVX very soon. But, i can tell tht it is very hard to find one in Ohio up for sale as they r already very very rare in Ohio. Look for some other Subarus tooo.

-Pavan.