Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-19-2001, 09:10 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Learn something new every day

I've had Cleo for over a year now, but didn't know about the giant rubber band or the secret allen wrench compartment, or the fuse hidey hole. I'll have to check all those out. What other secrets remain to be revealed about the SVX?
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:24 AM
Lowered SVX

there is one thing that is no secret.....

the SVX is very EXPENSIVE. i will probably be shelling out about $900 for new tires. jesus.....
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-19-2001, 09:29 AM

Keepin fingers crossed

Well, so far it hasn't been too bad in the expensive department. One rear wheel bearing, driver's side visor, and replacing the little plastic clip that connects the window to the lifting/lowering mechanism. But it's coming up tire time before long, so that's going to be about $500.00. Not as much as yours, but expensive enough. Fortunately, I have access to a dealer that knows SVXs, does good work, and is not hideously expensive. Keeping my fingers crossed, like I say......

Old 10-19-2001, 10:24 AM
Lowered SVX

must be nice to have access to a good dealer.

my dealer sucks royally. they probably have the worst service of any dealer i have ever done business with. i have to find people to do the work on my car. i have spent a lot of money on this car. i think it has a direct connection to my wallet.

tires are so damn expensive. of course i could buy them online but getting them put on here in memphis is expensive and some places will not even do because of the size of my wheels. i will probably buy them at Sears or some place like that because i really need the road hazard warranty.

the reason i am replacing my tires so soon now is because i have a bubble on the right front tire from hitting some hole in the road. my Nitto's dont have road hazzard and for me it is pointless to just replace two tires. if i am going to spend $500 on two tires i then i can spend $900 for a whole new set. silly logic maybe but it would just throw the symmetry of the car off for me.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-19-2001, 10:58 AM

Good dealers, bad dealers

Yes, I realize I'm very lucky to have a reliable dealer, considering all the horror stories I've heard about bad dealers. Most of them, I suspect, are multi-franchise operations, of which Subaru is probably the least important to them. They're rare, I know, but if you can find a dealer that ONLY sells Subarus, and nothing else, I suspect you would have a better experience. Maybe in one of the smaller towns around Memphis? I drive to Harriman, which is about 45 minutes W. of Knoxville, because they're in a small town, they only sell Subies, and have to depend on repeat business - they can't afford to build up bad vibes with their customers. At least, that's my take on it. YMMV.

Old 10-19-2001, 12:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: must be nice to have access to a good dealer.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
my dealer sucks royally. they probably have the worst service of any dealer i have ever done business with. i have to find people to do the work on my car. i have spent a lot of money on this car. i think it has a direct connection to my wallet.

tires are so damn expensive. of course i could buy them online but getting them put on here in memphis is expensive and some places will not even do because of the size of my wheels. i will probably buy them at Sears or some place like that because i really need the road hazard warranty.

the reason i am replacing my tires so soon now is because i have a bubble on the right front tire from hitting some hole in the road. my Nitto's dont have road hazzard and for me it is pointless to just replace two tires. if i am going to spend $500 on two tires i then i can spend $900 for a whole new set. silly logic maybe but it would just throw the symmetry of the car off for me.
What dealer do you go to? My GL is from a dealership in TN, but I can't remember the name of it offhand...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE