How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

well randy, bad things happens in three's. so for the rest of the year you will no troubles with your vehicles .

may the tranny gods bless your rides
Old 01-17-2004, 05:49 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: Re: Bad Day for the Twins

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

Sounds rough! Maybe its time for a 5 speed swap?
Randy dosen't believe in "Modding SVX's"

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-17-2004, 05:52 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
well randy, bad things happens in three's. so for the rest of the year you will no troubles with your vehicles .

may the tranny gods bless your rides
Well said Father Noir... Hehehehe, Will you bless my ride too???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-19-2004, 11:44 AM
SVX-Utah

Coolant temp part #

Does anyone have the Coolant temp sensor part number handy?
Old 01-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Coolant temp part #

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX-Utah
Does anyone have the Coolant temp sensor part number handy?

22630AA041
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Let me know if I can be of any assistance
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 01-24-2004, 05:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thanks Huck. We still need to get together soon. I need to come to Somerset and visit you and my friend of 30 years who lives there.

Meanwhile, an Update:

After replacing the Coolant Temp Sensor Wednesday night (my fingers nearly freezing), the car still wouldn't start. The battery drained -- I tried my power pack -- still no go. Tried jumping with "The Twin" -- still zilch. Was beginning to think it was the timing belt So, she sat until today. Tried the power pack again. No dice. Checked the timing belt. It was fine. So, I pulled the battery, took it to Advance Auto where they put it through their 30 minute testing procedure. "It's a boat anchor." The guy said, after the test. So, I walked straight over to the Battery rack and picked up a red-top Optima. Came home, put it in -- back in business!

As for the Twin's binding issue: when Brad came to town and stayed at my place before picking up the famed "Legacy Tranny" -- he is going to be putting a piece of SVX HISTORY in his car. -- he had two things in hand. A very nice bottle of wine and a bottle of BradPenn LSD additive from Mike Davis. I added to my ATF on Thursday (reluctantly -- I was scared for some reason). I haven't reported on its effects until now because I wanted to give it plenty of time to work. I really, really, really did NOT want to be the person who broke the 100% effectiveness rating of this "miracle cure." Of course, the binding had gotten so bad that, in tight turns, I thought a wheel was going to fall off. Too far gone, I was suspecting. WRONG! The binding actually went away completely just on the run from the office to lunch on that Thursday. NUTS! BradPenn is still 100% effetive. THANKS MIKE!!!

One not of caution. DO NOT put your funnel back in your trunk after using it to pour this stuff into your tranny. I don't know if I'll ever get the smell out, even though I had the funnel in a bag, and have taken both funnel and bag out of the car, it still smells like shi . . . BradPenn.

So, things are looking up. I still have things on my list -- I think the "scrubbing" from Patience's front end is an axle. And, I still need to trace down the REAL cause of the binding in the Twin, but, until then, they're both back on the road and doing fine . . . for now.

Tomorrow (if it ain't too darned cold), I'll re-attack the blower motor on the Caravan. They don't make replacing that thing EASY!

Thanks, Mike for your help, and thank you Huck for offering. And thank you all for your past and continued support. Y'all are a bunch o' good eggs.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Living

Hi Randy, This sounds like "Better living through chemistry". Good going Randy. Take care and see you in Reading, BOBB
Old 01-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Green1995SVX

Told ya it would work. So which did you enjoy more, the BradPenn, or the Wine???

m
Old 01-24-2004, 09:02 PM
mark10t

Glad to hear that things worked out for you, Randy; I'll have to try to remember your 'binding' cure the next time I have a vehicle act up. I know I've experienced that from time to time, but not with the apparent severity you did.

I had a good day, too. The daughter-in-law sold her Lumina (the car that the wife's former Outback replaced) (glad to have it out of the driveway after next week), all five grandkids came over and we sledded down the back lawn into the frozen lake on some fresh snow (finally); there was an ice race on the lake running all day and we got to see hot air balloons in procession overhead. Maybe later next week we'll see the St. Paul Winter Carnival Ice Palace, or we'll wait to see it when my son is home from Iraq for a two week leave. We had a nice webcam chat for much of the afternoon with him.

Yes, we had good days all round.....

-Mark
Old 01-26-2004, 02:39 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
glad you enjoyed the wine, and the BradPenn, i told mike that he'll have to drive down there to pick it back up... i spent around $140 in gas on my trip, but in an svx going around 120mph he should get much better gas milage than i did...

i am very exited about the legacy transmission, although i have a question, do you know what year legacy it is out of? there used to be a sticker on it, before they rebuilt it, but in the cleaning up they obviously removed it... the shop that is installing it wants to know what year the car is from

i knew that the transmission had the story but didn't know it was a piece of history, let's hope that it's more reliable than the transmission that was in the car from the factory

on a side note, if anyone needs a transmission with broken AWD (possibly just the solenoid) and a broken front differential, but with exquisite shifting and no slippage (would be good to frankenstein your car back to health) let me know when my car is fixed with the legacy transmission i will have one available for sale
Old 01-26-2004, 05:59 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
glad you enjoyed the wine, and the BradPenn, i told mike that he'll have to drive down there to pick it back up... i spent around $140 in gas on my trip, but in an svx going around 120mph he should get much better gas milage than i did...

i am very exited about the legacy transmission, although i have a question, do you know what year legacy it is out of? there used to be a sticker on it, before they rebuilt it, but in the cleaning up they obviously removed it... the shop that is installing it wants to know what year the car is from

i knew that the transmission had the story but didn't know it was a piece of history, let's hope that it's more reliable than the transmission that was in the car from the factory

on a side note, if anyone needs a transmission with broken AWD (possibly just the solenoid) and a broken front differential, but with exquisite shifting and no slippage (would be good to frankenstein your car back to health) let me know when my car is fixed with the legacy transmission i will have one available for sale
I have one for sale that has a good diff, good awd, and bad shifting!! They would make an excellent 'pair.'

m
Old 01-26-2004, 08:27 AM

Registered SVX
Brad, I haven't actually drank the wine yet. I'm just enjoying looking at it. Shari and I will save it for a very special occasion. Like, a Wednesday or maybe a Friday, if we're feeling extremely daring.

Mike, I'll have to say the bouquet of the BradPenn is somewhat lacking. Clerity was good and it was kind to the SVX's palate, so, I'm quite satisfied with the vintage. It didn't have time to "breathe" before I added it. I poured it straight in, without decanting.

Brad, somewhere within the pages is the story of how I found out which Legacy the tranny came out of (do a search on "Autofest." It's quite amusing. But, anyway, it came from a '91 Legacy. In case it matters, the color was Red.

Also, folks, I didn't get to the blower motor on the van yesterday. I just didn't have the energy to work in an ice storm. Plus, our power went out yesterday at about 2p.m. and didn't come back on 'til we were on the brink of frostbite in the early morning hours this morning.

Thank goodness the ice is melting and the power's back on. Now, we're expecting a couple of inches of . . . . SNOW! WOOHOO!
Subaru Ambassador