SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Help me out here...

I was selling one of my old PDA on EBay. The guy decided that he is going to get it and out bid a couple of people at the last minute.

At the end, he contacted me and asked me a couple of things and everything went well. About an hour later, he claims that his girlfriend came back from shopping and picked up a PDA and he thanks me and says sorry.

So I told him he is not going to get away with stuff like that and he should have thought about it before bidding.

I left a negative feedback saying that he is a non paying bidder. It turned out that I am not the first.

He came back and left a negative feedback saying "Unreasonable to personal situations.... A SELLER WITHOUT A HEART!"

What do I do with people like that? I think I will end up keeping the PDA and perhaps put it in the SVX now but I am still pissed. We should not have people like that at all.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:37 AM
Hater

bad kharma, huh?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-25-2003, 09:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Well, it sucks that non-paying bidders even have the chance to leave feedback. It's too bad that feedback can't be in steps. As it is, you can't leave a lot of info in the feedback that would be helpful to people in the future.

When I consider buying something from somebody, I read all his/her negative feedback, and then look at the feedback for the people who left those comments, so I get more of a complete story.

This guy is in the wrong, but what can you do about it? I'd move on.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Make sure you post a response in your feedback saying something about him breaking the rules of Ebay. When you bid on ebay, you enter a LEGAL CONTRACT. I've been selling and buying on ebay since it started, and i've had my share of problems. I'd contact Ebay about it, in some cases you can have his buying privelidges suspended. I've done it before. Also i'd send him an email saying..."this is not an AA forum, this is a place where business is done. You agreed to buy and then retracted your promise. You are the one who broke your promise. Now who has no heart?" or something like that. It cost you alot of money, and he doesn't care. Plus he's probably lying through his teeth. Finally, i'd contact the second highest bidder and offer the PDA to him. If you really want to keep it legal, you could set up a Private Buy It Now auction at the price he bid, then give him the link and he could win it. Granted that would cost you all the fees again. But that's really the only way i can think of to do it by the book.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Don't you have the option of ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Make sure you post a response in your feedback saying something about him breaking the rules of Ebay. When you bid on ebay, you enter a LEGAL CONTRACT. I've been selling and buying on ebay since it started, and i've had my share of problems. I'd contact Ebay about it, in some cases you can have his buying privelidges suspended. I've done it before. Also i'd send him an email saying..."this is not an AA forum, this is a place where business is done. You agreed to buy and then retracted your promise. You are the one who broke your promise. Now who has no heart?" or something like that. It cost you alot of money, and he doesn't care. Plus he's probably lying through his teeth. Finally, i'd contact the second highest bidder and offer the PDA to him. If you really want to keep it legal, you could set up a Private Buy It Now auction at the price he bid, then give him the link and he could win it. Granted that would cost you all the fees again. But that's really the only way i can think of to do it by the book.
contacting the next highest bidder and making an offer?
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-25-2003, 11:40 AM

Re: Don't you have the option of ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

contacting the next highest bidder and making an offer?
I am going to do that as well.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Green1995SVX

Lwin-

I think leaving him bad feedback was a mistake on your part. I never leave bad feedback, because generally someone will retaliate and leave you some.

Mike
Old 11-25-2003, 12:33 PM

i have a negative and a neutral on my ebay...both because that is what i left them...

some guy i couldn't get a hold of and the other was just nasty

i would contact that next highest bidder...

where does this guy live anyways, lets get um boys!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxqueen
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Lwin-

I think leaving him bad feedback was a mistake on your part. I never leave bad feedback, because generally someone will retaliate and leave you some.

Mike
I agree, we never leave bad feedback just because we don't want retailitory feedback. It sucks that ebay won't remove negative feedback!
Old 11-25-2003, 02:42 PM

The thing is ebay can remove feedbacks. It's just a part of database. I am just trying to understand why they don't have a function for that.

As for leaving him a feedback, what should I have done? Leave a positive feedback saying that he is a non paying bidder?
Old 11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
ww111

I only read negatives... If you wrote that he was a baby eating, neon driving, skirt wearing, poodle walking, non paying bidder I wouldn't even look at it under positive feedback. I DO think there is a way to get negative feedback removed.

You heartless b@st@rd!

Collins

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: