Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-28-2001, 02:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
More Subarus in the family!

My mom just bought a '95 Legacy Brighton wagon. 85k miles, owned by a certifiable Subaru nut. She showed him her SVX and he was pretty excited.

The guy wants to buy an ECVT Justy and restore it. That's pretty extreme. I mean, I want a Justy like some people want Ferraris (try as I might, I will never be able to explain this to my wife), but restoring one seems a little bizarre.

Anyway, that makes two Subarus for my mom and three for me.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-28-2001, 02:59 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: More Subarus in the family!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The guy wants to buy an ECVT Justy and restore it. That's pretty extreme. I mean, I want a Justy like some people want Ferraris (try as I might, I will never be able to explain this to my wife), but restoring one seems a little bizarre.

Mr. Cubed Pockets, I knew you were a little askew in the head area, but I never would have thought that you were just plain nuts! You do realize that the ECVT Justy damn near ran Fuji into bankruptcy<sp> don't you? Anyone that aspires to own one of them has got to be insane...MAD I tells ya! Please, please tell me you really aren't serious...I can think of no worse built or engineered car that I have worked on that was actually put out for the motoring public.

Stinkin' Justy's, you have to pull the freaking motor to change the water pump! Oh yeah, and the freaking dash to change the dash speakers!

Walks away mumbling something that sounds like..."toopid...toopid....toopid.....toopid":roll eyes:
Old 08-28-2001, 03:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: More Subarus in the family!

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Mr. Cubed Pockets, I knew you were a little askew in the head area, but I never would have thought that you were just plain nuts! You do realize that the ECVT Justy damn near ran Fuji into bankruptcy<sp> don't you? Anyone that aspires to own one of them has got to be insane...MAD I tells ya! Please, please tell me you really aren't serious...I can think of no worse built or engineered car that I have worked on that was actually put out for the motoring public.

Stinkin' Justy's, you have to pull the freaking motor to change the water pump! Oh yeah, and the freaking dash to change the dash speakers!

Walks away mumbling something that sounds like..."toopid...toopid....toopid.....toopid":roll eyes:
Whether or not the ECVT Justy almost ran FHI into the ground isn't the point. The point is that it was the first of its kind, right?

And, besides, *I* am not the one who wants one. I've never even driven one. I just want a plain jane 5-speed 4WD Justy. I drove one last summer and loved it. The difference in complexity between my SVX and the Justy was very endearing to me.

Alas, it was a 2WD. Had it been 4WD I would have bought it right there and then.

As for pulling the engine to replace the water pump, at least it's a very small engine.

Anyway, you're one of the few people I've ever heard complain about the Justy. Almost every owner I've talked to or heard from has loved the car to death.

...literally loved the car to death, as in they drove it into the ground.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-28-2001, 03:54 PM
I look like Gordon

Well, you could get a new one...

Justy that is. Well, sort of, anyway. They sell an all wheel drive Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift as a Subaru Justy in Europe.

Probably should call that one an "Unjustly"...
Old 08-28-2001, 07:49 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Suzuki Swift

The Swift sold in Australia is called the Cultus, and there is a 4-wheel drive version. When I first watched Australian Touring Cars on Speedvision, I had to wait to see what the little cars were that were nipping at the heels of the Porsches; my heavens they were Swift GTs like mine, only 4-wheel drive! Those things were flat-out moving!! Reminds me of watching Mini Coopers race at Brands Hatch years ago.

I'd LOVE to have a Cultus... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 08-28-2001, 09:22 PM
I look like Gordon

Yeah, but keep in mind we're talking about a little 50ish horsepower 3 cylinder and 4 inch wide tires here. I've owned a couple Sprint/Metro/Swift/Fireflies over the years, and while they were good commuter vehicles, and actually more fun than they deserved to be, it is hard to imagine what they'd be like with the extra weight and drag of all wheel drive. They are built under contract in Hungary, as an interesting side bit of trivia...

Speaking of Minis though, I wonder what the "New Mini" is like? I am anxious to take one out for a spin sometime. They look very cool on paper, at least, and they're fun to drive in Midtown Madness 2