Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Many of those who have been around here for a while know of Jeff Hall's experiance with Mastro. Mastro's service department ruined his engine (do a search for the posts). Then, after a fairly nasty fax/letter was sent to them, they agreed to replace the engine for him.

Check out my license plate frame:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...95SVX/5120.jpg

Mike

I'm aware of the incident. Pete Mastro terminated the tech responsible and I believe they replaced the engine for free. As soon as Pete found out about it, action was taken. He actually replaced a service writer because people on NASIOC reported that he had a bad attitude! These guys respond to customer service issues in a big way. They're certainly not perfect but they make the extra effort.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:29 AM

Anyone in the Toronto area I highly recommend Richmond Hill Subaru. No problem with ordering any SVX parts, or getting them quick, as they are very close to the Subaru Canada warehouse. No deposit needed when ordering.
I was just in on Tuesday for an oil change. I'd used this auto-rx oil additive to clean the engine. The head mechanic David, did the usual for an oil change, but then removed the oil filler neck,cleaned it, put in new gaskets, then asked if I'd like a Yellow oil cap, I said let's see how it looks, hey it matched the oil dip stick so I exchanged my black one for it. He checked under the engine and tranny for leaks, and all fluid levels topped up where needed. I've never had anything but great experiences with them. regards dave
Old 05-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Scott

Quote:
Scott-

I recently started working at Kerven Subaru in Butler. Let me know if I can ever help you out with anything.

Mike

You spend so much time there they just decided to start paying you?
Old 05-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Hater

Quote:
Scott-

I recently started working at Kerven Subaru in Butler. Let me know if I can ever help you out with anything.

Mike
hey Mike,
do you get a discount? i need some stuff......

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-03-2003, 04:53 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Mastro Subaru

Yes, that was me with the engine replacement. You can see a copy of the letter I wrote in my locker. It's an interesting read, check it out. It's like an episode of General Hospital! During this whole incident about a year and a half ago I never mentioned Mastro by name in order to avoid slander but I guess someone let the cat out of the bag so it's ok to mention now.

I had always had positive experiences with Mastro and they knew their stuff like nobody else. This one incident was a big exception and I was so stressed during this engine fiasco that I just decided to sell the car after it was fixed. I just couldn't take it anymore and I didn't want to have to go back there again. I realized I was way too attached to my car and couldn't afford it anymore and this sitution sort of killed the love affair. However, Pete Mastro is the ULTIMATE professional and I can't believe all he did for me. I wrote him a thank-you letter afterward. He was incredible and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mastro to anyone. I went in there expecting a fight and to threaten lawsuits but he took care of everything not one hour after he received my letter (certified mail of course).

I really want another SVX (as a 2nd car this time) but am worried to have to go back there again. I am sure I will be remembered. lol.

Jeff