Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Re: SMALL single turbo project, thoughts welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Haven't been at this site for a while now. Just logged on and went to this thread first. Sorry to read about the progress. Oh well!
me too i was really looking forward to the final results of this build
Old 01-22-2012, 04:23 PM

Fear not, friends...I know it's been a long time but this project isn't dead. I traded one of my other cars for a GSXR 600, and I do't ride motorcycles so it's being sold this spring. I'm planning on throwing anothe $1000 or so at this project when that happens. Stand by!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Looking forward to some updates on this build. good luck with it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM

So budget has increased to 1500? lol.
My total budget is about 1000 this fall for my remote mount set-up.
I like using the TD0516g, I may have to look into it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Money is considerably more available than time right now. The project is definitely taking another turn though...when I get back to this (the motorcycle is up for sale right now), I will be running her on straight methanol. It's a lot more cost effective than E85...just a bit more of a pain in the ass to get (5 hour round trip for me...so I'm buying 4 drums at a time). I've already gone to running it in one of my cars...it's not nearly as scary/corrosive as all the rumors.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Ok, so the latest and greatest major hold-up on this project is that some time ago, my laptop took a **** and I lost ALL my tuning files. I had spent a LONG time building definitions files for romraider, tunerpro, ecuflash, etc and I basically don't have any of it anymore. I just started digging back into this but it's been a long time and I really don't remember where I got most of the addresses for important parameters, and what I'm seeing just isn't looking right.

All I really have to work with now is the fuel and timing tables...I used to have a LOT mapped out. The only other thing I REALLY need is the injector constant location.

I did go on with my plans for methanol as the primary fuel on another vehicle (my 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra) and it worked out great, but can be a huge pain in the ass (mostly due to cold-starting issues), so I'll be sticking with E85 on the SVX. So conveniently, I now have 6 550cc high-imp injectors from that car that the SVX will be inheriting to run E-85, which means I still need a pretty significant injector correction. Does anyone have a better ecu defs file? I have about 4 different ones I've been trying to combine/mix and match to make work...but none of them really look right on anything except the basic fuel and timing tables. I know at one point I had everything working down to RPM limits and such. I may have to just pull my current tune and compare to stock to hunt for these changes (assuming I actually had modified these values for my last tune).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to enjoying this car again.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM

welcome back. I've switched from a TD to a holset turbo diesel turbo. A holset35 is comperable to a Garrett GT33r, not quite a GT35R but bigger than a GT30R haha.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Well, I pieced the car back together tonight and started it. It runs fine on the 460 injectors I had in there so I guess I'll leave those in until I get the tuning figured out again. I've got lots of missing parts/pieces to find that have been lost over the last couple years, but I was pleasantly surprised that it fired right up on E85 that has had at least one birthday. Need to get a scavenge pump figured out so I can get that turbo going (the dummy turbo is installed at the moment...just an empty exhaust housing that I blocked off to complete the exhaust until I remember where I was at with this whole project).
Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Damn, that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG hiatus.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM

I know. Dead projects FTL. I think progress will be slow, but at least I'm working on it again.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM

progress is still progress regardless fi it's measured in seconds, weeks, or on a geological time scale!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:09 PM

Soo...the transmission is finally toast. It had "issues" before, but I guess all this sitting has finally done it in. It seems OKish until it's warmed up and then doesn't want to go at all. I would imagine I have a plugged up cooler or something. Shopping for 4.44 trans, or considering finally swapping in that 5-speed I have sitting around.

In other news, I had a hard drive crash quite a while back and I haven't been able to find any ECU definitions files this time around. I remember spending hours messing around with building the definitions before, robbing addresses from other various subaru definition files and such...but I can't seem to make any progress this time around. Does anybody have a good definitions/address file?