IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Youngest daughter is turning 16!

My youngest daughter will be turning 16 at the Labor day Street Rod Roundup! We will be camping there for 5 days. I NEED ideas on how to make it the BEST birthday of her life!
I already 'hooked her up' with a silver 92 SVX, so now we need a way to 'improve' on that. I bought a tape of Molly Ringwald's "16 Candles" to show at the camp. Have invited 5,000 friends to the event, (most of them were there when the wife was in labor on Labor Day, 16 years ago).

Actually, they were coming anyway, but they remember the wife and a stop watch timing contractions while I tore the camp down!

The trip to the hospital was in the 47 Dodge, 440ci P/U. ( which brings a 'story' to mind).

We waited till the contractions were under 2 minutes, jumped into the Dodge, headed to,,, the STORE to get some film and cigars. The girl was loading the milk cooler and stated that she would be there in a couple minutes. I told her, " No problem, I just need some film and cigars, because the wife is in labor in the truck". She said that she would be right out!

We got our film and cigars, drove to 68 westbound, pulled up to the 'yield' sign.... Wife slid down into the seat as far as she could, said "O.K.", and I DROPPED the HAMMER on the 440! We lost about 2,000 miles off the back tires on that launch!! There were 2 black lines on that interstate till the first snow! This is the very 'birthday' of the child that we will be 'celebrating' in 11 days.

How can we 'IMPROVE' on an entrance like that?????

I NEED INPUT!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 08-23-2007, 01:27 AM

Have some fun
Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
My youngest daughter will be turning 16 at the Labor day Street Rod Roundup! We will be camping there for 5 days. I NEED ideas on how to make it the BEST birthday of her life!
I already 'hooked her up' with a silver 92 SVX, so now we need a way to 'improve' on that. I bought a tape of Molly Ringwald's "16 Candles" to show at the camp. Have invited 5,000 friends to the event, (most of them were there when the wife was in labor on Labor Day, 16 years ago).

Actually, they were coming anyway, but they remember the wife and a stop watch timing contractions while I tore the camp down!

The trip to the hospital was in the 47 Dodge, 440ci P/U. ( which brings a 'story' to mind).

We waited till the contractions were under 2 minutes, jumped into the Dodge, headed to,,, the STORE to get some film and cigars. The girl was loading the milk cooler and stated that she would be there in a couple minutes. I told her, " No problem, I just need some film and cigars, because the wife is in labor in the truck". She said that she would be right out!

We got our film and cigars, drove to 68 westbound, pulled up to the 'yield' sign.... Wife slid down into the seat as far as she could, said "O.K.", and I DROPPED the HAMMER on the 440! We lost about 2,000 miles off the back tires on that launch!! There were 2 black lines on that interstate till the first snow! This is the very 'birthday' of the child that we will be 'celebrating' in 11 days.

How can we 'IMPROVE' on an entrance like that?????

I NEED INPUT!
This all happened before your daughter made her premier appearance, but she does seem to have been brought into this Vale of Tears with the smell of tire smoke and gasoline.

Good start in life

Tell her all her petrolhead friends on the Network wish her a happy birthday!!

A suggestion; my son John was 16 last year and really enjoyed a run in a "drift" car at the JAE. Maybe you could find an drift event somewhere near, and buy her a slot on that. The noise and smell of burning rubber has to be experienced to believe it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
You have 5000 friends? wow, i don't even know 5000 people, not sure i want to...

I'm not much for memorable events or parties, as i'm kind of one of those folks who aren't big on energy. I guess it would be guaging how past birthdays have been. If you always go out and do something big and extravagant, why not try something small and quiet, such as spending a few hours flipping through photo albums, a nice sit down dinner, and enjoy the company of eachother? Just a thought.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Good Lord, you gave her a car?!

Not sure you need to improve on that. I remember my 16th birthday vividly (as it was only 3 years ago)... I got an alarm clock.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hmm...16? Um...nope. Didnt get anything for that one. Mabey birthday dinner

...my family kinda sucks for birthdays
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 AM

Registered SVX
You have a long road ahead. My granddaughter moved out of go karts some time, ago and is now into off road motorcycle racing, and has badly damaged a leg in the process. Stay

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
I remember by 16th birthday...my grandfather was either in the hospital or very close to being in the hospital...
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-25-2007, 08:18 AM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
I got shipped off to a boarding school on top of a mountain in bum***k nowhere California shortly before my 16th birthday.

I suppose anything is better than that.

Although I really did deserve it, and it did help me turn my life around. But that's another story
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777
Good Lord, you gave her a car?!

Not sure you need to improve on that. I remember my 16th birthday vividly (as it was only 3 years ago)... I got an alarm clock.
i gotta agree, my 16th i only got dinner and a trip to dmv to get my permit
Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Lets see. I got a clock and thats it. O and a happy b-day ! -.O. I think as long as you dont ship her to boot camp or give her a clock -.-, she will be happy. What can be better then a SVX for a bday gift???

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 08-26-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 PM

On my 16th birthday, I got my license, but I also got braces! Booo for braces.

Question for you, subi-crosser, does your daughter ENJOY all these kinds of car-related things? Just curious, but you want to obviously make sure that it's something that she wants to do, not soething that you want to do for her. I know that you know your daughter and all, but just a reminder. My parents never paid attention to the kinds of things that I liked, so my birthdays or presents were always WAY out of left field. Just remember to make it something that SHE would want, and not something you want FOR her, and you should be fine.

Tell her we all say happy birthday!!

-nevin

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin
On my 16th birthday, I got my license, but I also got braces! Booo for braces.

Question for you, subi-crosser, does your daughter ENJOY all these kinds of car-related things? Just curious, but you want to obviously make sure that it's something that she wants to do, not soething that you want to do for her. I know that you know your daughter and all, but just a reminder. My parents never paid attention to the kinds of things that I liked, so my birthdays or presents were always WAY out of left field. Just remember to make it something that SHE would want, and not something you want FOR her, and you should be fine.

Tell her we all say happy birthday!!

-nevin
She has never missed a 'run' that we normally attend, even when there were other options! She likes to help out with the kids games and working the soda booth during the bands. She has friends from all over the country that she only sees on Labor Day.

She used to help me tape cars when the body shop was 'full swing'. (did a lot better than the 16 year old boy that was twice her age.)

She likes to come out to the garage and 'tinker' with me too. We built bird cages, shelves and bird houses together this summer.

Gotta get back to the garage, I have 20 hours to do a few things to the truck before we head out

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 PM

Well that's cool if she really likes doing all those things! Just saying as a reminder to keep the day focused around her!

Have fun doing whatever it is! Going out and having good old fashioned fun on your birthday is always a goodtime!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!