How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:26 AM
The Molinator

Talking Increased Gas Mileage!...and Performance!

Heh Guys! A friend of mine recently turned me on to a powder/pill formulation that you add to your gasoline to get substantially better gas mileage.. . . IT REALLY SEEMS TO WORK!? Not only do they show hundreds of testimonies of people who have tried the product...AND have increased there gas mileage from 15% to 57% during the first 4 tankfuls of gas!...BUT personal friends of mine improved their gas mileage 10% on the first tankful, 14% on the second tankful, and..39% ON THE THIRD! They also noticed a remarkable improvement in the performance of their old van (as many others had shared on their testimonies)!

The product, called BioPerformance Fuel, is said to work by first cleansing your tank and fuel system (as many fuel additives we are all familiar with..are supposed to do) through enzymatic action. Then, the proprietary formula breaks down the large moleculecular weight hydrocarbons into more easily ignited smaller weight hydrocarbons. Evidently, this results in a lower "flash point", yielding a faster..more complete combustion. This is said to result in not only better performance (HP, etc.)...BUT also better emissions!

I am just about to calculate MY first (tankful) gas mileage improvement figure, but I have already (immediately) noticed better performance (in the form of quicker acceleration...that's just noticeably peppier! I know this is a subjective appraisal...but still hard to ignore! I invite any and all of you to evaluate the product...and their distributor opportunity. [I can definitely say that I noticed a substantial improvement in (HP) acceleration..compared to the "improvement" I tried to sense, when I installed the EcuTune Phase 1 computer chip about 4 months ago!!!]

Please evaluate..and LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK..AND FIND..GUYS!

Enter their website at http://www.cheapgas4u2.mybpbiz.com

You can also hear good info about their product and business by calling 1-865-3624150 (ext 2620#) at 10 am or 7 pm. [This is long distance, so be sure to call from your cellphones with free national calling.]

PLEASE don't hesitate to respond here, to PM, to email...or to call!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 02-03-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:20 AM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
Enter their website at http://www.cheapgas4u2.mybpbiz.com
Why does their website have your name on it?

Is this type of hyping and self promoting of products allowed on our forum?

Dan
Old 02-03-2006, 03:50 AM
The Molinator

Question Hype..?

Sorry you're offended Dan, but I joined as a new distributor 3 days ago. I didn't represent myself to buy MY product...or to join MY business, mainly because I joined based on my belief in THEIR customers' testimonies and my friend's personal experience! I told you pointedly that I haven't even finished one tankful of gas (until tomorrow or Saturday) in order to get a "first tankful" gas mileage figure!

You (and anyone else, of course) are welcome to buy the BP Fuel pills (and/or check out their business) through ANY contact with BioPerformance.

If you leave out the "cheapgas4u2." part of the address, you can contact the company directly without passing through my referral! [They probably will connect you with some other "self-promoting" distributor, however, because that's how they choose to market their product.]

BTW Dan, I have purchased numerous products for my SVX on this site that were promoted directly..or indirectly by site members! The ECUTune Stage 1 v4 chip that I mentioned was one of those items! I won't mention names or businesses unless asked...because I appreciated the "self-promoting" and "hype" those individuals and businesses shared on this site...so that I could purchase some really quality items ...which benefitted me AND my SVX!

I'D APPRECIATE ANY INFO OR EXPERIENCE ANY OF YOU HAVE HAD WITH BioPerformance or its BP Fuel pills or powder.. . . ? THANKS!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:25 AM
<<<Alcyone

James

My first thought when I read this was Performance Chip, Guaranteed to add "up to" 25 HP instantly. Typical late night TV infomercial write up.

When I clicked on the site to see that you are the one selling the product, (although your ad copy doesn't suggest that), I thought it just wasn't quite right.

As you know from being a member of this site, we are all a little bit cautious of what we feed our babies.

Since this is a new product to most everyone on this site, you might want to try a different approach in marketing it.

1) Be up front, tell us you are selling this product.

2) Contact some members of longstanding and offer them free samples if you want to get some valuable input. Any good marketing person knows it takes money to make money.

As far as comparing your product to something like the ECUTune chips, I'm sure ECUTune started the communication with the forum with some thing like, "I have this idea" or "I think I could do this for our cars, what do you think". Not, "I have this magic bullet that will solve all of your problems with every car ever built".

Take a moment, pretend you aren't trying to sell this product, reread your original posting and think about it. I'm really not trying to be negative.

Dan
Old 02-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Honestly, from going to the link you posted, it looks like one of those pyramid schemes. I mean, the site seems to push you towards signing up as a distributor, more than buying the actual product itself.

I'm also sure that distributors get a bigger commission for every new person that signs up through their site, rather than the sale of these alleged 'gas pills'.

Please correct me if I'm wrong James...

However, I'm not interested until a study has been done by a reputable independent test agency such as Consumer Reports.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 02-03-2006, 08:30 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
the following has been a paid advertisement for....

i feel insulted

i find a difference between the things manufactured by members on this site for this car specifically and the way that they are brought up. ex the step by step on the twin screw supercharger.

what your doing is coming off as gimmicky and im wondering how many other sites your doing this in. *wants those "yahoo chat bots" to DIE*

you look at when people ask "what are the best winter tires" or sometihng of the sort. its throwing out a question to seek opinions and reviews based on existing members trial and thoughts aobut a product. look at the "electric supercharger" thread for a good example

when the jdm emblum sale thread came up its in a parts for sale section it was a flat out sale but it was what it was and short and sweet with product reviews and everything, it was blut and to the point and not so generic, its svx specific.

its one thing to peddle your own products most of which are custom designed and/or hand made as one svx member to another... but to present an open "infomercial" in this site is insulting ot what this site is about it takes the warmth and family like comrodery that makes this site worth coming daily to ask questions and get opinions and flat out talk about the car we love. this thread cheapens what we are about.

you dont see coke and pepsi putting ads in our threads....

and in my opinion your product seems not unlike the "gas saving tornado" that costs 80 bucks and saves you a whopping 14 cents per tank of gas. think of how long thatd take to pay for itself? if it does indeed work. thats my 2 cents im not gonna see go into my gas tank.....

btw please check my thread on my magical secretions from legless reptiles, itll help you lose that unwanted belly fat (by diverting the money you would be otherwise spending on snack cakes ) im having a huge clearance sale
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 02-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
ok, so you give up percentages. How about some numbers to prove that stuff. And HOW DARE you compare your product to ECUtune. ECUtune was an evolution FROM Michael working with SVX SPECIFIC members, not some "magic pil". If you believe so strongly in your product, back it up with pics, and give some of the reliable, trusted members a free sample or something.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
yep - looks like a pyramid scheme of some sort. I guess the Amway guys had to do something to survive.
Hey Molinator - check with Slonsvx5mt - he might be interested in a money making opportunity.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
where are my Fraud Protection brothers at? this smells bad until we see results ON an SVX......

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'd volunteer to evaluate this product for everyone.

I've been tracking the mileage in my SVX since I bought it in 2001. I fill up gas every week at the same gas station at the same time. I'm consistant and non biased.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
hey, throw over the free samples and we'll let you know
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I'd volunteer to evaluate this product for everyone.

I've been tracking the mileage in my SVX since I bought it in 2001. I fill up gas every week at the same gas station at the same time. I'm consistant and non biased.
Me too.

I'm driving more than 30,000miles last year. Usually, easily more than 25,000miles a year. I keep track of my mileages. But I don't put all those mileages on the SVXi.

If you are going to send some free samples, I would love to report back.

How much for the product actually? How long it will last? Do we have to put the pills in every time? How much it will cost if anyone wants to join in with you for the business?

Later,

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Hitchhikin'

this is hitting most of the car forums. It's like a pyramid scheme, except for the Tornado instead of cleaning supplies. They not only fool some idiot into buying the product, they then convert them and have them sell to others and refer more people into the pyramid scheme.

If you read the details, the pills supposedly make it easier to detonate the fuel. That sounds like lowering the octane number to me! And sadly, I bet this crap can't even do that....

Also, check the disclaimer on the testimonials... it's pretty funny.

Finally, note that they claim it will take ~4 weeks for results to show, and if the pills don't work, then try the powder formulation. Sounds like a winning formula to me! Well-engineered too!

When I first saw this thread, I thought a fellow member had come across it, gotten a laugh out of it, and posted it up for everyone else to enjoy. Little did I know it was actually spreading already.

Last edited by Red SVX 92; 02-03-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
NFSvxSpeed

Talking Listen To This B/s

link:http://www.cheapgas4u2.mybpbiz.com/a...0BP%20Fuel.wav
Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
are we allowed to execute people in this forum?
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Closed Thread