How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
Well I dont know how to love it right now. It died last night AGAIN after being out of the shop for a WEEK. I dont have another 2-3 grand to fix the transmission again. I just replaced the front dif for gods sake... *screaming while pulling hair out* Someone needs to come get this thing... make an offer or whatever... I just cant afford it this time...

UNLESS someone here in the DC area has a good trans for a good price. Otherwise I guess.... eh I dont even want to say the J word
Boxer, hold on to it, trust me, such things happen, either sell it as a whole or fix it again. If you will sell it, what would you drive instead? BMW? Mustang? The market is full of these cars.. no car is as rare and attractive as the SVX

When you say SVX, usually one means INDIVIDUALITY

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
If you want to fix the transmission SVXFiles may still have his rebuilt one for sale in WV. Believe me I feel your pain, whatever you do good luck.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Well I dont know how to love it right now. It died last night AGAIN after being out of the shop for a WEEK. I dont have another 2-3 grand to fix the transmission again. I just replaced the front dif for gods sake... *screaming while pulling hair out* Someone needs to come get this thing... make an offer or whatever... I just cant afford it this time...

UNLESS someone here in the DC area has a good trans for a good price. Otherwise I guess.... eh I dont even want to say the J word
You have a PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

I have a 2004 Mustang on a 24hr test drive right now. Probably just gonna go ahead and get it and call it a day. it was great while it lasted One day I'll buy another one.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 PM
<<<Alcyone

If you wanted a 'cookie cutter' car, why didn't you just keep the T-Bird?

Pentiums - Melt in your PC, not in your hand!

Project - '92 Claret - Purchased May '06, 99,XXX Miles. Includes two bad engines and one bad tranny, cracked windshield, otherwise mostly complete.

His - '92 Ebony Pearl - Purchased Dec '05, 134,687 Miles. Parked, TC Seal(?) is leaking.Daily driver - 140,500 and climbing.
Hers - '92 Teal - Purchased Aug '05, 129,050 Miles. Daily driver - 160,000 and climbing.
Mods:
PWR Radiator!
Problems:
Antenna doesn't work - Bought a 'new' one - Too cold to install . . . OK, it's warmer but I have other projects too!
Ticking from front of engine, passenger side - Stuck lifter?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 AM
pnyklr

The t-bird is available you can have it for $2000 ... I had the exhaust fixed though

PS the mustang in that picture says 2002 on the windshield and the sign in the background has a NY plate (that dealership is in WAY upstate NY (the plate is not mine unfortunately )

My friend just traded in his 1999 Mustang he misses it he traded it for a Type S acura

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-25-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:17 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
The t-bird is available you can have it for $2000 ... I had the exhaust fixed though

PS the mustang in that picture says 2002 on the windshield and the sign in the background has a NY plate (that dealership is in WAY upstate NY (the plate is not mine unfortunately )

My friend just traded in his 1999 Mustang he misses it he traded it for a Type S acura
Nice observation... hah.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

Just in case you haven't noticed, our boy Malcolm Bricklin is working on a new DAILY DRIVER for us:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech.../31eewhere.htm

I remember when a local Lincoln/Mercury dealer was giving away a YUGO with every Lincoln sold. Many people told him he could keep the YUGO!
'03 Forester XS 214,000 miles
'05 Outback 3.0R
Old 01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I responded to your Pm.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621
Nice observation... hah.
Ya I guess that comes from my criminal justice classes I took in college and many years working in fraud investigation as an internal auditor ...
I've heard so many excuses and answers for people to cover theire coolies its funny

I think my favorite was when I found all the security codes (double codes as well) in a desk at one of the places I used to work at ...

The lady was pissed that I looked into her desk (sad thing it was only to get a pen) not only was she not allowed to have the list of single codes it was a double slam since she had the second set of codes ...

she ended up get a written warning, being investigated and costing her office thousands of dollars to change all the combinations and locks courtesy of yours truly

She also was like " oh thats my desk you cant go in it"
I had a simple response " NO thats the company's desk you are just using it"

anyway sorry for the drift way off....
Old 01-25-2006, 11:08 AM
pnyklr

Does that price include the Turbo kit or not ?

If it includes the Turbo kit, the Magnaflow exhaust, the Bassani Exhaust and all the parts I gave you maybe we can talk

Which is the rear differential you have a spare?

Do you have the title yet I dont have the Tbird one yet
Old 01-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
I have a 2004 Mustang on a 24hr test drive right now. Probably just gonna go ahead and get it and call it a day. it was great while it lasted One day I'll buy another one.

why would you buy a mustang for around 9,000 when you can fix the SVX for at most 5,000? Or better yet, buy an excellent condition SVX for around 4,500? i'm confused by the logic......... you seem to always be talking about buying cars that are MUCH more expensive than simply fixing the SVX....

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
If you are having tranny problems just get a loan, then slam in a 5MT.

If you don't like the car, sell it.

I'm closing in on the 20k mark for this car and I'm still happy with it.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
why would you buy a mustang for around 9,000 when you can fix the SVX for at most 5,000? Or better yet, buy an excellent condition SVX for around 4,500? i'm confused by the logic......... you seem to always be talking about buying cars that are MUCH more expensive than simply fixing the SVX....
Basically what I've found is that most of what he says doesnt make sense or have any logic but I guess to each his or her own
Old 01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

turbo kit and turbo manifold are off the car and in the garage along with the magnaflows which Im selling separate. And the pic of the mustang is not of the exact car. The car I was test driving was dark metallic blue from Richmond Ford.

Its time to go back to domestics... All the tbirds I have had have never really given me any major problems. Im just frustrated at this point that I spend so much on a front dif just for the trans to go a week after. I can see if I dogged the car constantly but aside from a few highway passes and a stoplight or two. I have had the car 2 months and its spent the majority of it on a lift with that crap called a transmission sitting on the floor than it spent sitting in my driveway.

Bottom line: Fun car, ridiculously lousy transmission. Fine for someone with bottomless pockets but thats not me.

2000? Enticing. I've decided on a 95 SC 5 speed. Look at it this way Chris, if I hadnt traded with you then the front dif wouldn have been out of your pocket so I saved you two grand and at least the Tbird is perfectly driveable.