SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Some problems with my SVX

Ok, acouple days ago I hit a pretty big dip in the road (harder than I would have liked to) and since then while at low speeds the car makes a squeeking/grinding noise, i put a whole in the exhaust (from hitting the dip), sometimes while at low speeds and not on the throttle the engine will rev slightly, from 750-1000rpm quickly and then back down to 750 quickly, also on start-up after the car has been sitting i get a puff of smoke out of the exhaust and it smells very odd, almost like sulfer but not quite. The car rides kind of rough now also, and sometimes taking corners at speed the car will jerk like the wheel is gonna come off and it can be felt through the steering wheel (the wheel shakes in my hands really bad, visably). Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
I once hit a curb real hard and my car started to make a rough noise in the engine. I cracked the flywheel. I don't know if this is your problem but keep it in mind if you run out of ideas. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I was thinking maybe the flywheel, or the flexplate. With the car parked in the drive way if I push on one side of the engine it makes a squeeking noise somewhere behind the engine, right about where the tranny bolts up.

dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-03-2005, 09:02 PM
PhillsSvx

and sometimes taking corners at speed the car will jerk like the wheel is gonna come off and it can be felt through the steering wheel (the wheel shakes in my hands really bad, visably).

Ok i know what this is because it happened to my jeep it was my rack n pinion for the powersteering i hit a large log quite hard while i was off roading messed it up bad it is located right behind the engin and when i would go around turns in ther jeep it would do the same thing jerk real fast and almost make you loose control and wreck somtimes here i hope this helps
does the engin sound rough when its in park or only when driving?

and the squeeking might be motor mounts but im not sure
a cracked flex plate will make a loud poping/snaping sound at certain rpms

check these links
http://store.yahoo.com/svx-motorspor...svxrapiun.html
http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?model=2

Last edited by PhillsSvx; 12-03-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Have you examined all the mounts?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Have you examined all the mounts?
I finally got under the car, it wasnt the mounts, just a bad heat shield. I guess now all thats left are new struts (maybe this will be my excuse to get mychailo's sport springs), bearings, leaks, and the hole in the exhaust. Damn bumpy roads!

dustin

My Locker