Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 05-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Chris_8472

Unhappy Suspension

Has anyone ever had a problem with there rear suspension when there are 2 adults sitting in the back, there is no room between the top of the rear tyre and guard. Its constantly rubbing the tyres. I have put aftermarket rims on my car so it may have something to do with that.

If anyone has any ideas of what type of springs/shocks to buy because I rang up a suspension shop and not only did they never hear of an SVX, they didn't have a listing for them. Could there be another type of subaru springs I can use? Please help......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My SVX.JPG (34.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
It's that the rims are sticking out more than stock.

As it is there's not much room to play around there.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
....and springs won't help, as any available would lower the car, making the rub worse. A new set of OEM's might sit taller, and bear the weight better, but most likely culprit, as David pointed out, is wheel offset and tire width. Bad news.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 05-29-2005, 04:00 AM
Mr Soob

Exclamation Solution is simple:

Make them walk. Can't have them destroying your car

Ok, Let's take a lookee... What are the numbers on the side of your tyre?

I need all of them. Should be [number]/[number]R[number]

If possible, look up the offset of your rim from the manufacturer. Post them here and I'll take a squiz. It's quite an easy calculation to see how much extra space your wheels are taking up.

[Even better, if you still have your old rims, pop them back on and see if you can replicate the problem]
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: