How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
the best two designed sports car right now (American cars) are the new mustang and the Shelby Cobra. I saw the manufacturing of the latter on Discovery, lovely beast !!! (fiberglass body )

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I actually dont think that charger looks soooo bad.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by odepaj
it would look nice with a sleeker front end and more or a low-profile IMO. i hate how everyones going with the "sit high in a low car" look. 3-4 years ago dodge had a different concept for a new Charger and it was much much nicer (t'was still a 4-door though).

dustin
Yes agreed, even though I think this latest concept is decent, I still like the 1999 concept much better. Don't get me wrong it still looks good. But in my opinion this concept should have been called the Corronet, rather than the Charger, since it has looks that are more aligned with the early 60s Hemi hotrod such as the Corronet or HEMI Belvedere rather than the late 60s GT styled muscle car. But it is all about getting the buyer's attention and giving this car the more infamously known name of the muscle car era makes all the difference in a time when Ford is trying to smash back into the automotive scene by tapping into its muscle car heyday heritage. Despite that, I still think Chrysler is going a bit overboard on the butchy pimpin brick profile, on a good part of their new models. But if they can sell, that’s a plus for them.

Now does that look more like a charger or what?

More pics can be found here.

Also, this pic seems to do plenty of justice as well. I admit though, it does look a bit long. I also heard that concept uses the Intrepid platform, aside from it being RWD, so it can be built.

So take a good long look at the Neon SRT-4, because that is the most aerodynamic today's Chrysler/Dodge will ever get with the way things are looking (not counting the Viper and Jeep lineup).

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-10-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:58 PM

Looks like a 4 door mustang with a different grille
(the new one that is)
Old 01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
the arse looks nice...
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
I also think this gives the 99 concept a great look.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Perhaps they should take that design make the back ones suicide and make it a contender for the RX-8. Or its price bracket might put it more in the line of the probable SVX successor, the B11S.

But pertaining to the current concept being shown as the main topic, it is like what someone else on another forum said. Chrysler now is playing customers off of whats on the inside of their vehicles rather than how they look on the outside, namely the words Hemi and RWD. And it seems to be working.

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-10-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
[/URL]http://www.michaelp.org/photos/pebble99/elegance/dodge_charger_concept_car.jpg[/URL]

first of all checking this photo out, the charger's front is not that attractive... in order for dodge to compete ford with its new mustang, it should redo the old charger's front in a new concept. the side lines are good (same as the old one) but is that a small door I see on the charger coupe?? hehe, maybe it's a car made for 5 year old kids...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
http://www.michaelp.org/photos/pebbl...oncept_car.jpg

sorry this is the pic

Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
For future reference when posting an open picture link, use img /img.

Also even though I do agree with the whole 99 concept face makover. You have to look at other hot cars which got away with frontal dullness would be the 350Z, go to show sometimes simplicity works. As for the Charger perhaps they should take some cues from the frontal of the new concept and put it on the 99. Such as the chrome lining or to be even more extreme take that 4 part frown on the new one and turn it upside down, then place it on the other concept of course.

Not to mention the headlights on the new one don't look to bad either.

A photochop is in order!

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-10-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
For future reference when posting an open picture link, use img /img.

A photochop is in order!
hehe i know that, it is still morning and I didn't drink coffee yet !! .
concerning the 350Z, I didn't like this car at all and i think it wouldn't be that popular in the future. It is hideous for its appearance and not that fast for acceleration. I even beated one over here in an uphill. I see the best reproduction made of an older model is the mustang and the T bird... they all should do that...

Old 01-11-2005, 01:11 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Wow, thats awsome. Then again AWD makes all the difference. Not to mention the 350Z is not a great car in stock form, but I have read about how well they respond to superchargers that can boost these cars from 280 to 380hp with a stock bottom end with some minor adjustments to fuel and air. Not to mention the new VQ is torquier than the one found in its 300ZX betheren , not enough to save it from being beating by an SVX on an uphill challenge I guess though . So like the 300ZX, the 350Z seems to be still missing something in its stock NA form.

As for it being dull for a retro. Not all retro cars have to look exact in many aspects to the car it is aspiring in order for you to get the idea that it is a good successor. At least the 350Z got the outline on how the original 240 looks like, whether someone likes it or not is all opinion.

I admit though people do generally think it looks dull. And Nissan is starting to get the drift so they came out with this version of the Z that is not only a $60k collector's virtual Japanese GT racing homogenization but also has some design cues on what the future 350Z might have. Here is the Nissan Secret or Long Nose Z.

The article on it.

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-11-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I still don't like it... they made it smaller same as the toyota celica. the Z should be included in the celica category rather than the supra.
even though the spoilers are added, I still don't like it. this is a matter of taste... I even started not to like my car's end.. I think i am gonna modify it.
Sorry for being such a nutcase !!!

Old 01-11-2005, 11:29 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Your not a nutcase at all for having your own opinion about automobiles. I liked your Celica comment, when it first came out in the states people claimed it looked too much like an Audi TT, even though your Celica comment has somewhat right as well. Then again, performance wise that is also not an automobile the 350Z "looks to," so to speak. I'm hinting it is better, at least on a dry road.

Also, don't forget the 350Z came out at a time where there were no other Japanese sports cars in that price bracket that can necessary give it a run for its money. Hopefully, with everything that is going on in the automotive market Nissan will consider putting in forced induction or created a performance tweaked package of some kind for the 350Z. That 60k collectable doesn't count.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
back in the old days, there were 3 sports Z versions, the 240Zx, the 260Zx and the 280Zx. it was a matter of size and performance...
the 350Z is supposed to be the older brother of the 280ZX, but they made it the same size of the 240...
personally I prefer the SL over the SLK, the 911 over the Boxter, the Supra over the Celica, the older 300Z over the new 350Z...
it is a matter of taste of course, but personally I prefer larger sized cars over smaller ones especially if they are fast...

Old 01-12-2005, 02:11 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Even though the 350Z is probably more like the 280Z luxury and price wise, it is indeed supposedly directly influenced (it is up to you if it does look that way) by the 240Z. It is like what Ford did with the new Mustang, going back to the first design that sold best. And even though, by the end of 1980 probably offered all three Zs, it was the 240Z that was produced and sold first.

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-12-2005 at 02:13 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: