SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-28-2001, 04:57 PM
CGLathrop

One More

Check this one out...
Attached Images
File Type: gif nydraw.gif (21.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 09-28-2001, 05:13 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
<Check this one out...>

That sure beats the tabloid picture of Satan in the smoke!

I see in the posted picture, what I couldn't see in the copy of a copy, that the light on the aircraft is wrong too. Several of my fellow teachers mentioned the skyline, clothing, and ESPECIALLY the railing. I don't think there were contrails off the video shots of the planes. (Cleaner engines and warm air?) One might guess the person taking the picture was concentrating on the subject, not a quickly oncoming plane that they hadn't noticed, but why is the subject in the far right....allowing room for the plane to show up? Just wanted some skyline for effect? Not to mention the camera survives the collapse of the building without the opening the case and exposing the film? No media coverage? I agree folks...fake, fake, fake.
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 09-28-2001, 07:43 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I was at the WTC a long time ago. The observation deck railing is a long way from the edge of the building. Heck it has to be at least fifty from the edge and it is elevated about 20 feet above the roof. There is an electric fence beteen the deck and the edge. The photo looks fake to me. The plane looks way to high. The plane is way too big and looks like it is going to hit too high up on the building.

I really love the pencil art work. It is a beautiful picture and a most wonderful thought. I will think about often.
Old 09-29-2001, 08:38 PM
I look like Gordon

Just the facts, sir

There is a very thorough debunking of the first picture at Snopes:

www.snopes.com

along with the 'truth' about many of the other urban legends and hoaxes that are unfortunately inevitable after something like this happens. I highly recommend that site for all you skeptics (like me) out there. If it sounds, or looks, too amazing to be true...then it probably is They are very thorough in their research and documentation, it is a really good site.

Hey, maybe they have some more info on the new SVX...
Old 09-30-2001, 05:42 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Rufus,
I saw a drawing of the observation walkway in a magazine just before I clicked on that site you posted. The railing was legit, but on the wrong building for the plane that was coming out of the north, and the plane was the wrong type too. Great site; I've bookmarked it for future reference.
By the way, did I miss seeing whether or not you were coming to Canaan? I noted that you were considering coming awhile back.... Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 09-30-2001, 05:58 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Wondering about the roof

P.S. That site also mentioned the observation deck was not yet open to the public at the time of the attack.
But was there no way to open access to the roof for those trapped ABOVE where the plane entered the building? I saw several Police and Television helicopters flying around, but there was no one on either roof seeking removal. Has anyone heard anything about this during all the coverage? (Imagine the spot the chopper pilot would be in if the had room for 4 or 5 and the roof was packed with hundreds desperate for escape....it would be like the Titanic lifeboats going back into all the people in the water....it would be swamped. Wasn't there a scene in "the Towering Inferno" similar to that? I think a helicopter crashed on the roof in the movie.)
Even if the roof access was locked, you would think someone nearby would have the key.....unless....oh the horror of it....the door was high security to keep terrorists from landing on the roof and entering the building from above, and those with keys or codes were trapped BELOW where the plane entered.
Don

Old 10-01-2001, 06:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: WTC Picture

Quote:
Originally posted by nubsjr
From Kvnobriens locker.
This photo was from the Liberty State Park Meet in Nov. 99. I have similar photos of my SVX from that meet. Kevn, Blondeman, Alex (no longer active) Sergei & his daughter, Rosie & I were there. Svxit met us all later. It was my first meet and I won't foget it.

Larry III
Old 10-01-2001, 12:29 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Re: the tourist picture. Anybody wonder how the camera survived? Ron.
Or how they recovered the film?
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.