SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-21-2003, 11:25 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

NOOOOO bad day, very bad day, need help

NOOOOOOOO
very bad things today

1. tried to get my sound system done, but my dvd player wouldn't work... so i tried to buy the installers dvd player, and that didn't work either..... argh

AND.....

my transmission died.... IN CHICAGO... so i guess i'm partly stranded here now....
i really need the midwest members to pull through for me now... like i said before when the auto dies, i want to do the 5sp swap... so i really need someone with a mechanic referral...

and does anyone know how to tow the car back to madison? or if anyone in chicago knows any transmission shops then i guess i'll leave the svx here until the swap is done then come down to pick it up...

HELP!!!!
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...
Old 02-22-2003, 12:55 AM
alacrity024

I read your first problem and was like "pssht... what a crybaby.. 'OoooOOooooo.. my D-V-D PLAYER won't work.. waAaAaAaAaaa..'"

then i read the second part. talk to Lwin. i can't do anything to help, but i'll think good thoughts for you

-adam
Old 02-23-2003, 09:16 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

thanks for finishing reading the post.... yeah, if i'm whining only cuz the dvd player is not working, then i would be a crybaby....

i also apologize for somewhat overreacting to the whole problem, but i was really scared for a while that i didn't know how to get back to madison

good thing found a friend with some time on his hands today and he drove me back... whew.... and the magical thing is that the transmission got in gear somewhat this morning, so i dragged it back to my friends place, and parked it legally on the streets.... although the car was running, wheever i step on the gas, there is this high loud whine as if you're getting into gear without stepping on the clutch....

so i guess i have some time now to rethink my situation... but i'm still open to all suggestions... talked to alex from apg performance in wood dale illinois at the auto show last night, and seems like their shop might be able to custom a 5 spd for me... anyone know of that shop??

thanks
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...