Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Well this has been a terrible experience. I ended up getting real mad and yelling at them. They took 5 hours to take it apart and clean it and readjust them. I take it home and its coming from the rear left . The mechanic said whatever you hear its coming from the front....i said it doesnt take a genious to hear where the noise is coming from. They said there is nothing more they can do because they did everything and they said they can't find anything wrong. So i said maybe you just gave me ****ty parts you bastards.....then they offered to get me dealer parts and credit me for parts i bought and i would just have to pay the difference. I said no thanks and walked away....i dont want them touching my car.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
One teal and One yellow

They are at least nice if they are willing to do that w/o charging any labor...

((perhaps your car is complaining that you're going to sell her...))

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-09-2006, 08:11 PM

obviously they can't put the parts together right.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/imag...s/confused.gif
I have 2 svx's and do all the brake work on both of them as well as anything else they need. However, I am from the old school (celebrated my 76th birthday 2 weeks ago) ... real old school. My first car taught me a lesson when I was 17 years old. Took it to a shop because it would cut out. They changed numerous parts and charged me for them all. Still didn't fix it. I said never again. Yesterday I changed the calipers and pads. I have drilled slotted rotors on both cars of course I put those on. Radiator of course is a piece of cake as are the belts, starter, alternator, etc. wheel bearings I had to take the housing off the car and have the bearings pressed in. the rear brakes are a little harder to put back correct because of the emergency brake system, but they should have a clue if that is their business. That is probably where you are getting the noise... not put together right. Good luck
Old 07-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
I just finished changing my rear rotors and brakes. They also squealed when I finished! So I took the calipers apart, replaced one guiding pin that froze up and greased both pins with anti seize lube. Now the brakes squeeze evenly to the rotor. I also re-glued the loose shims to the pads. I don't know which one of the problems was responsible for the noise but so far the squealing has gone away.