SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-12-2001, 01:41 PM
kvnobrien

thanks

=)
Thanks Randy.

How far did you get it, the lighter, to go?
Old 05-12-2001, 08:39 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by kvnobrien
=)
Thanks Randy.

How far did you get it, the lighter, to go?
It only made it to the front of the A/M console before it dropped into the pile of junk my wife seems to keep in the van. No where near your record of "back seat."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-12-2001, 08:40 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
<<The right support on the door doesn't come out, but you can remove the support from the door itself by moderately tapping it from the door side. >>

Thanks VK. It's information I hope I never need again, but, it's nice to know. What exactly do you mean by "moderately" tapping. I just want to make sure I don't lose something in the translation from US English and Canadian English -- I mean, what you guys call "ponds" we call "lakes!" I just want to make sure the translation doesn't skew over to "moderate."
We call them ponds because there's just so many of them here. And the fishing here is like catching fish in a pond as well, just so many.

When I say moderately, I mean tap harder than when you are tapping someone's shoulder (unless you are pissed at them of course), but no as hard as if you were pissed off at it (which you might be if you haven't been able to remove it).

What I did was used a flat blade screwdriver, put the blade right at the 90 degree bend on the glove box door support, and tap/push outwards. If you look closely at the support, there's a little notch that holds it on the door side, and it just has to be pushed out. But you can't put the screwdriver on the door portion because the door is STIFF and won't budge at all.

That was the other thing that surprised me, how heavy and sturdy that glove box door weighed. I'm sure it adds to the structural integrity for the side impact crashes. I'd figure it would be a flimsy piece of plastic, but if you take it off, the glove box door won't flex at all.

As for the lighter launch, that's your ticket to getting another SVX.

"Really, [insert insurance adjuster name here], the cigarette lighter just flew out, landed on the fabric, and started a great big bonfire!" OR

"Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I have demonstrated to you that [insert car company here] was negligent in designing such a piece of equipment, potentially causing injury."

VK
Canadian, eh!
Old 05-12-2001, 09:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<"Really, [insert insurance adjuster name here], the cigarette lighter just flew out, landed on the fabric, and started a great big bonfire!">>

Fabric? I beg your pardon. I have an LS-L (Leather Interior, Steering wheel wrap, parking brake handle wrap, and shifter handle wrap). Hurumph!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-12-2001, 09:13 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
Canadian, eh!
Oh man, that just kicked in my memory of some commercials I viewed on adcritic.com. I think they were for Molsens, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look 'em up. They're hilarious. Do you know the one's I'm talking about? The U.S. dude in the office being introduced to his new co-worker who's Canadian, and the U.S. Dude starts giving the Canadian guff, and the ensuing skirmish? Oh well -- believe me, they ARE funny. Especially the sequel!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-12-2001, 09:28 PM
tober76b

Quote:

Oh man, that just kicked in my memory of some commercials I viewed on adcritic.com. I think they were for Molsens, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look 'em up. They're hilarious. Do you know the one's I'm talking about? The U.S. dude in the office being introduced to his new co-worker who's Canadian, and the U.S. Dude starts giving the Canadian guff, and the ensuing skirmish? Oh well -- believe me, they ARE funny. Especially the sequel!
i saw them there two....definitely worth checking out.
i must've wasted 6 hours one day watching commercials off that site....and then i showed the best one's to my girlfriend. she couldn't believe i wasted my whole day doing that.
toby
Old 05-12-2001, 10:34 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Quote:
<<"Really, [insert insurance adjuster name here], the cigarette lighter just flew out, landed on the fabric, and started a great big bonfire!">>

Fabric? I beg your pardon. I have an LS-L (Leather Interior, Steering wheel wrap, parking brake handle wrap, and shifter handle wrap). Hurumph!
Umm, you said your wife's van, didn'tcha?

Besides, I know what a 92 Pearl White LS-L looks like. There's one sitting in my garage.

I wonder how far apart ours are... Mine's from 10/91.

VK
Old 05-12-2001, 10:43 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Quote:

The Molson's "I am Canadian" ad series. The original one started with "Joe" ranting on a stage what he is not, what he is, and leading up to a grand finale "I am Canadian". It's listed under I am Canadian on adcritic.com.

Believe it or not, the Molson ads started a whole episode of discussion in the country about patriotism in Canada, which we seem to be sorely lacking comparing to our neighbours.

Check out the other Molson Canadian ads, along with the Molson Export ads. The Ex ads are pretty funny too. Too bad they don't have the Labatt "Out of the Blue" series of ads there, those are excellent as well.

VK
Really, eh?
Old 05-13-2001, 01:31 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

Umm, you said your wife's van, didn'tcha?

Besides, I know what a 92 Pearl White LS-L looks like. There's one sitting in my garage.

I wonder how far apart ours are... Mine's from 10/91.

VK
Yeah, but, I thought you said how to get a new SVX! The re-coop on my wife's van wouldn't pay for the wheels!

How far apart we are? We're not! We're twins! 10/91 also! Is that amazing or what? I feel we're bonding here.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-13-2001, 01:38 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

The Molson's "I am Canadian" ad series. The original one started with "Joe" ranting on a stage what he is not, what he is, and leading up to a grand finale "I am Canadian". It's listed under I am Canadian on adcritic.com.

Believe it or not, the Molson ads started a whole episode of discussion in the country about patriotism in Canada, which we seem to be sorely lacking comparing to our neighbours.

Check out the other Molson Canadian ads, along with the Molson Export ads. The Ex ads are pretty funny too. Too bad they don't have the Labatt "Out of the Blue" series of ads there, those are excellent as well.

VK
Really, eh?
Yeah, that's the series. I almost wet myself over the one in the bar, "you said eh!" Amazing that it takes a series of beer ads to spark pride in country, but, heck, whatever it takes, eh?

I have actually seen some of the "Out of the Blue" series.

I mean, In the latter 70's, Mid 80's I almost singlehandedly supported the Canadian economy through my purchase of Moosehead! I had a hard time figuring out if it was the name of the beer or the beer itself that I was so fond of.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 05-13-2001, 07:13 PM
museumquality

mines newer

11/91 LSL pearl/black
Old 05-13-2001, 07:36 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Quote:

I have actually seen some of the "Out of the Blue" series.

The best one from the "Out of the Blue" series in my opinion is the one where "Out of the Blue" they were playing a street hockey game in downtown Toronto, until a street car came along, they yelled "CAR!", and everybody scrambled.

VK
92 Pearl LSL, 163k
S/N 106379
Twins, eh?